Chapter Eleven

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The welcome home to Korea was both shocking and a bit of a nuisance. 

Since the night Sehun had gotten more than a little annoyed with me for trying to follow him, I'd keep to myself and simply gathered all of my things to go home. The air between us seemed tense but I couldn't help but feel more bothered by what had happened than Sehun was. He was continuing on as if nothing had happened. He barely spared me a glance but, then again, that was still normal for him.

It, however, became an obvious problem when we landed at Incheon and there were reporters (and admirers) crowded inside the airport to talk photos and attempt to get any kind of interview out of either of us. If anyone so much as suspected something awry between the two of us, it was not going to be good on anyone's part.

Just before exiting the terminal, I decided to it up and sidled closer to Sehun. He didn't appear to notice or care when my arm brushed his.

"Remember to smile," I reminded him lowly. I could see Manager Kim waiting just outside the terminal. He would report if we came out sulking in front of so many reporters. 

"You mean, like I've been ing whoever I've wanted for two weeks?" Sehun asked, hoisting his duffel over his shoulder. 

I stalled and then glared. I hadn't the energy or the nerves at the moment to deal with his dry, erted sense of humor. "Just don't make any reporters come at us with reasons to degrade our marriage," I murmured, looping my arm through his just as we headed through the double doors.

To my mild surprise, Sehun quickly pulled up a facade and stopped to wave at the reporters before Manager Kim ushered us along. There were questions of the rumors and the wedding being thrown all around but Minseok was quick in getting us out the door and into the car with little to no trouble or interferance.

"Your mother would like you both to join her for lunch," Minseok said, putting the car in drive. 

I looked over in time to see Sehun roll his eyes. "Tell her I'm jet-lagged." I casted him an irritated look and he rolled his eyes again. "Tell her we're jetlagged. We'll visit her tomorrow or something."

"Could you politely ask her if we could come for dinner instead?" I asked, buckling my seatbelt. "We are a bit tired from our flight and would like to freshen up."

As he drove onto the highway, Manager Kim nodded and focused on the road. I cast Sehun another glance before settling, gaze on the passing scenery. He was busy with his phone, most likely checking in with his friends after being away for two weeks with little contact with them. 

Minseok dropped us at the complex, as promised, and left saying he would call about dinner. Sehun and I silently lugged our bags inside, me having declined Minseok's help, much to Sehun's dismay. He immediately collapsed on the couch once we were inside as if it nearly broke his back carrying a duffel and pulling a carrier. 

I quickly dumped the laundry in the utlity room and rolled my luggage to the corner, not worried about unpacking for the moment. Instead, I grabbed my toiletries out of it and went to the bathroom for a shower. I spent longer than necessary, much longer, but it helped in settling my irritation with Sehun and preparing me for meeting with his mother so soon after returning. It did little for Sehun's unwillingness to attend dinner.

"You said back in Hawaii that you were only cooperating because your parents control the money," I reminded him. "You want to test their patience right now, because you're really testing mine." I fixed him with a glare, putting my earrings on. 

Although I preferred my own clothes, I knew there would be quesitons raised if I never bothered to wear the clothes the Ohs had sent me. They really were only made to be worn in formal settings, like meetings, public appearances, and dinners, so it made sense to wear one now. That didn't help me feel anymore comfortable in the jade colored knee-length dress. I felt more like a child playing dress-up than anything else but I was determined not to make that obvious.

Sehun, still wearing the casual black chinos and white button down he'd worn on the plane was flipping tv channels, unbothered by my appearance, as expected. "We literally just got back from our honeymoon. Don't parents usually leave their newlyweds alone to further frisk each other or something?" he grumbled, stopping on a boxing match.

I went over and snatched the remote from his cold hands. "Yes, they do, but in case you haven't noticed, neither one of us has frisked the other in the past two weeks and your parents aren't stupid enough to believe we have." Turning the tv off, I tossed the plastic control onto the couch beside Sehun. "Now get dressed, we need to leave."

He snorted. "'Stupid enough'?" he repeated. "Did you just call my parents stupid? That should make a wonderful conversation starter for dinner." He grinned before retreating to change his clothes.

 

As my own parents had returned to our hometown last week after finalizing some things with Park Bottling Company, the dinner consisted only of Sehun, I, and his parents. A would be awkward affair but Mrs. Choi liked to talk and kept silences from being both frequent and extended. She asked persistently how the honeymoon went; first when we arrived, second as we waited for the traditional Korean dishes to be served, and lastly as dessert was being brought out. Finally,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter