Chapter 4

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters and I hope that you’ll enjoy this one just as much! Have fun reading and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

“That’s where you live?”, Young-Do demanded with an incredulous look after having taken off his shoes and looking at the one room apartment (not counting the bathroom). He had to admit that he was rather surprised by the size of it.

“Yes, that’s where I live. I know it’s probably as big as your closet, but I can’t exactly afford something bigger”, Cha Eun-Sang told him and moved to the small kitchenette on the left of the room, pouring some hot chocolate, which she had just made before he rang at her doorbell, into two mugs. One of them had Hello Kitty on it and the other one had Minions on it. “Here, I know it’s not some expensive chocolate, but I can guarantee you it’s delicious”, Cha Eun-Sang explained to him and handed him the mug with Hello Kitty on it – earning a questioning look from Choi Young-Do.

“I didn’t mean it offensive, the thing about your apartment. Sure it’s small, tiny even, but it looks…cozy. I like it”, he told Cha Eun-Sang and quickly took a sip from his mug as to fill the silence. The hot liquid entered his mouth and he had to restrain himself from closing his eyes in appreciation. Cha Eun-Sang hadn’t lied when she had told him that it was delicious. “It’s really good! Where’d you get it?”

Cha Eun-Sang seemed to fidget with the hem of her shirt, while deciding if she should tell Choi Young-Do the truth. “Actually I got it as a present at Christmas…it comes from Switzerland and apparently it’s very popular there”, Eun-Sang told him and Young-Do immediately noticed that she had hesitated shortly. That made him wonder why of course.  “So…what brings you here?”

“I needed to get out of my house for a while”, Choi Young-Do answered her with a deep sigh and sat next to Eun-Sang on her bed – the only sitting possibility next to the two small chairs around the kitchen table.

“I see, believe it or not but I really know that feeling as well”, Eun-Sang told him with a sad smile and turned to look at the TV that she had put on mute earlier on. “Do you like dramas?”

“Dramas?”, Young-Do asked – wondering at the same time when he had last seen one. He ended up realizing that it had been years. The last time he had actively watched one was, when his mother was still around. They would often watch dramas on Sunday morning, but that of course stopped when his father started having mistresses. From then on he would only ever hear his mother crying in her room – they hardly ever did something else together again. And as a reaction to that he only ever listened to music nowadays – or ‘read’ the newspapers his father ordered him to – not that he actually ever did it. “Depends, what are you watching?”

“Faith, a drama with Lee Min-Ho! Don’t you think he looks a bit like Kim Tan?”

“What? You’re kidding right?”, Young-Do exclaimed, not believing his ears that Cha Eun-Sang would say something so ridiculous.

“No! I swear that Kim Tan looks just like Lee Min-Ho!”, Cha Eun-Sang exclaimed and vividly pointed at the screen , but Young-Do only rolled his eyes at that.

“Never in a million years! How can you compare someone like Lee Min-Ho to a simpleton like Kim Tan? Yah! Do you need to go see an eye specialist? I think you desperately need glasses!”, Young-Do replied and nudged Eun-Sang with his shoulder.

“I do not need glasses, thank you very much!”, she immediately shot back and stuck her tongue out at him.

“What are you, five?”, Young-Do scoffed, shaking his head at her childlessness, but he too stuck his tongue out at her – feeling a little silly doing this at his age but at the same time it was strangely amusing and liberating. He felt good doing childish things, doing all the things his father and all his nannies had always forbidden him to do. He had never had a real childhood, which wasn’t unusual as a rich kid. He had always had to behave properly, follow his father’s orders – being a good ambassador to his family’s firm and he had always despised it.

 

[…]

 

They continued laughing, telling jokes and watching the drama for some hours and suddenly Choi Young-Do had fallen asleep on Cha Eun-Sang’s bed. At first she wanted to wake him up and to push him out of her house, but as she took a closer look at him (she had told herself not to do it as she’d surely regret it sometime) he looked so peaceful, so angelic even, that she couldn’t bring herself to disrupt his peaceful slumber. She had seen the way he looked when he came knocking at her door, disturbed, angry and mentally exhausted. She concluded that it was really best to let him get some peaceful sleep.

She too was feeling sleepy, but she wouldn’t sleep on her bed as well – it would be just too improper (she couldn’t and wouldn’t want to imagine what her neighbor would be thinking of her – that old woman was always acting so judgingly towards her, always shooting her nasty looks and all). Just thinking about that old woman made her shudder.

Eun-Sang quietly got up from the bed, making sure that he wouldn’t wake, carefully placed a blanket over his sleeping frame and went to wash the few dishes that were in the sink and got out the extra blanket and pillow from her closet, putting them on the cold and hard wooden floor – she knew that she’d eventually regret it in the morning, but if that was the price to pay she would gladly do it. She knew that she was behaving like a mother that didn’t want to see the

Please log in to read the full chapter