Chapter 10

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters and I hope that you’ll enjoy this one just as much! Have fun reading their movie date and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

 

“Yah! Young-Do! Come on! Hurry up! The movie is going to start soon!”, Cha Eun-Sang exclaimed and nearly ran to the cinema’s entrance, while Choi Young-Do tried to keep up with the petite woman, trying not to let their popcorn and drinks fall down. He had to admit that even though he had long legs and thus didn’t need to take as much steps as her, he found it rather difficult to keep up with her. Had she perhaps had some sort of energy drink or coffee while he wasn’t watching?

“Hey! Wait for me!”, Young-Do called after her and was about to run after her, but he ran smack into someone else, causing him to spill his drink over the person and letting the popcorn fall to the ground. “!”

“Yah! Can you not watch out?! You stupid jerk!”, the girl screamed at him and Young-Do felt as if hell had just frozen over. He knew that voice, he knew it very well… and it meant trouble. HUGE trouble. Unfortunately for him it was too late to run away. “How dare you spill your drink over me!”, the girl continued angrily, still not looking at the person that had just ruined her expensive dress. She wanted to throw a tantrum at herself for even coming to such a lowly place – she should’ve known that the common folk weren’t properly educated.

“You!”, she screamed and pointed her finger at Choi Young-Do, finally looking up. At first her eyes widened in surprise, but just as quickly anger took over once again. “What the hell?! Why did you do that Choi Young-Do?!”

“I didn’t do it on purpose, really!”, he tried to defend himself, not with much success – as a fleeting smile appeared at the corner of his lips.

“Oh you’ll have to pay for that! I’ll make sure of it!”

“It was an accident, Yoo Rachel!”, he exclaimed and Yoo Rachel could clearly hear that he was losing patience – well she was too! She would not let herself get pushed around or threatened by someone beneath her – while she had seen Young-Do, for a short amount of time, as her ally, he was now penniless.

“What’s going on here?”, a new voice interjected and upon turning around, Young-Do felt like rolling his eyes at the new participant, Kim Tan. It was so typical of him to try and play the knight in shining armor. ‘He really has a hero complex…’, Young-Do thought with annoyance as he still quietly looked and judged his former best friend.

“Nothing that concerns you, Kim Tan”, Young-Do snapped at him and turned back to Yoo Rachel ready to explain what had happened and try to make amends with her – which was bound to be a very hard, if not impossible task. She had always been too stubborn for her own good.

“Of course it concerns him! He is my fiancée!”, Yoo Rachel interjected angrily, stepping over to Kim Tan and taking his arm, much to the latter’s annoyance. He tried to shake her off, but Yoo Rachel’s hard stare made him stop any movements. No one, not even the mighty Kim Tan, wanted to face Yoo Rachel’s wrath.

“What happened, Choi Young-Do?”, Kim Tan demanded, glancing down at the dirtied dress of his ‘fiancée’, unable to hold back the upward lifts of the corners of his lips. It wasn’t a secrete to anyone that these two, especially Kim Tan, couldn’t stand his fiancée much. While they did try to uphold some kind of façade at school, they never had in their inner circle, to which Young-Do used to belong.

“Oh nothing much, Tan. She just didn’t watch were she was going, her gaze probably fixed on her phone, messaging her lover boy and we both know we’re not talking about you”, Young-Do taunted his former best friend and dared to smirk. He could see how Kim Tan was losing his patience, how he clenched and unclenched his right hand, trying hard not to punch Young-Do. Young-Do had to admit that over the years his former friend was away in America, he did learn some self-control – before he would’ve since long gotten beaten up.

Young-Do noticed with quite some satisfaction how both of them seemed to be fuming, but before he could really dwell on that fact he was pulled from his thoughts by the sudden emergence of Cha Eun-Sang next to him, carefully eyeing the group. He didn’t know if he should be happy or not that she had joined their little quarrel.

“What happened?”, she asked him quietly, eying the huge stain on Yoo Rachel’s dress and the popcorn on the floor. Young-Do immediately noticed her shoulders fall at that and had to hold back from chuckling. Cha Eun-Sang was the only girl he knew, who would get so emotional over food.

“It seems as if Choi Young-Do spilled his drink over Yoo Rachel’s dress and now they’re trying to settle it”, Kim Tan quickly interjected and offered her a welcoming smile that was met with skepticism by Cha Eun-Sang.

“Where you there when it happened?”, she asked him and earned a round of stares and a shake of Kim Tan’s head. “Alright, then it’s just an assumption. Choi Young-Do is still innocent until proven guilty”, Cha Eun-Sang replied briskly, and turned to look at her roommate. “What happened?”

“We collided, I spilled the coke on her and let the popcorn fall – but she wasn’t looking either! She was just looking at her phone, not watching were she was heading”, he quickly answered her, still shocked that she would rather hear the story come from his mouth than from someone else’s.

“So it’s an accident. What’s there to even settle? Can’t you both just apologize and continue on? Hate to break it to you, but the movie is soon starting and I do not want to miss the opening – plus we still need to get some new drinks and snacks”, Cha Eun-Sang spoke and was about to walk away, but was stopped by Yoo Rachel’s grip on her wrist. ‘Bad move…’, Young-Do couldn’t help but to think as he looked at it.

“Welfare student – you do not get to talk to us like this! Who do you think you are?! Besides, who’s going to pay for the damage caused to my dress?”

“I have a name and it’s not ‘welfare student’”, Cha Eun-Sang snapped. It was then that both males shared a look of astoni

Please log in to read the full chapter