Chapter 7

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters and I hope that you’ll enjoy this one just as much! Have fun reading and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

In front of a mall (think of it like an Ikea kind of store)

“So…THAT’s where we’re supposed to buy my things?”, Young-Do demanded rather incredulously and couldn’t help but to look at his classmate next to him. She was bundled up in her warm clothes, wearing a cute pink bonnet and a large, matching scarf was wrapped around her neck, nearly covering half of her face, just her rosy tinted tip of her nose and her cheeks as well as her eyes were visible. Young-Do had to refrain from pinching her cute cheeks.

“Choi Young-Do, I don’t think you have the financial means to be picky right now”, she told him sternly, grabbed his arm and dragged him with as much force as she could muster towards the entrance of the mall. While she understood how Choi Young-Do was feeling, she also wanted to show him his new reality and the sooner he accepted it, the faster he would be able to start a new way of living.

As soon as they entered the busy mall, they (actually it was more Cha Eun-Sang, as Choi Young-Do refused to do it) grabbed a large cart and started cruising through the different aisles. Choi Young-Do made sure to keep a safe distance from her, three full steps behind, and didn’t look anywhere but at the floor. For a split second Cha Eun-Sang was tempted to sprint away, betting that he wouldn’t even noticed it, but she quickly put that thought aside – it would be too childish. Eun-Sang let out some heavy sighs and continued pushing her cart towards the aisle where they could find the bed linens. She decided to ignore him for the time being.

However, as Cha Eun-Sang found a bed linen she thought he might like (and that didn’t cost too much) and wanted to know his thoughts on them, she realized with horror that he wasn’t anywhere near her. She quickly forgot all about the bed linen and went in search of that boy with her cart – and she found him quite soon. He was openly staring at a bed in the form of a sports car with matching bed linen.

“What the hell?! I searched you! What are you doing here?”, she demanded rather angrily and glared at her tall classmate.

But Choi Young-Do only shook his head at her behavior, pointed at the bed and turned to look at her with pleading eyes. “I want that one!”

Cha Eun-Sang felt like she was about to explode. She just couldn’t believe her ears! “No, certainly not. There’s no space for this huge thing in MY apartment”, she told him and wanted to walk away, but he just wouldn’t budge.

“Please! Cha Eun-Sang! Please!”, he pleaded, he thought about going on his knees for a second or two, but even if he had lost his wealth, he was still Choi Young-Do – he had a reputation to keep and begging on his knees was definitely not something he’d do anytime soon and certainly not in public!

“No! Have you even looked at the price tag? Even if I had the space in my apartment for such a thing, I wouldn’t be able to buy it! I’m sorry, but no. Now can we please move on? We really need more things and time is running short.”

“So heartless”, Cha Eun-Sang heard Choi Young-Do mutter and she graciously decided to not pay any attention to his comment. It wouldn’t do them any good if they were to start an argument now. “Can I at least get the bed linen?”, she heard him quietly ask only seconds later.

Cha Eun-Sang faintly nodded and hoped that with this the issue would be resolved – looking at the excited glint in his eyes she was happy that at least one problem had been solved.

“What do we need now?”, Young-Do asked after having put the bed linen in their cart and casually walked next to her. Cha Eun-Sang had to admit that she was surprised that he didn’t continue walking behind her, but she wouldn’t complain either.

“An additional blanket, pillow and clothes for you. Probably also a toothbrush and some other things”, Cha Eun-Sang responded and grabbed a fluffy pillow from a nearby shelf. “Is that one okay?”, she asked him and after getting his approval put it into the cart. She was about to go behind the cart once again to push it, but Choi Young-Do was already pushing it in front of him, leaving a dumbfounded Eun-Sang behind.

“Aren’t you coming?”, he cheekily asked as he stopped a few meters away to look at her with an impish grin. 

 

[…]

 

“Okay, I think it’s best if we separate here. I also need some new clothes, so go look over there at the male section and I’ll be here, okay?”, she asked him, but he was already walking away from here and towards the rather cheap clothes.

She rolled her eyes at his behavior, but upon detecting a ‘sale’ tag near the underwear section and the sweater section, she pushed all thoughts about Choi Young-Do from her mind and concentrated on finding the best possible bargains.

Young-Do for his part was at first rather skeptical towards the cheap clothing, he disliked everything he saw. Everything looked so old and…cheap. Until he discovered some guys of his age and noticed that they didn’t stop at that clothing section, but rather went to the end of it, really d

Please log in to read the full chapter