Chapter 2

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter
-Disclaimer- I do not own THE HEIRS or any of its characters! Also I got the basic idea of this story (of a rich guy/family getting poor etc. from a German TV Show called ‘Arme Millionäre’ – but of course I created my own twist and transformed it into a kdrama ff! So – also this show doesn’t belong to me nor it’s characters!!! All rights belong to their respective orders and I’m unfortunately not one of them :/ Anyway, now that this is out of the way I think it’s time to give you some general information about this story: 1. Cha Eun-Sang does not have any relationship with Kim Tan! 2 . Her mother will not play a big role in this story. 3. Cha Eun-Sang’s mother is rather sick and does not live in Seoul 4. Eun-Sang lives on her own 5. It’s Kim Won that brought her to this school – you’ll find out later exactly why ^^ 6. I have no real idea/experience how school life etc. is in South Korea, so I created a mix between the American and European system for my purposes in this story – also everything that has to do with money is in dollars! – There’s actually a ton of other things I could explain to you now here, but the best is that you find out on your own! ^^ Have fun reading and please leave a review at the end! XD

After an exceptionally quiet morning at school, which surprised her quite a bit, considering that Yoo Rachel and several other girls burned holes in her back through the entire morning. To her astonishment nothing happened and she suspected that it might have to do with Choi Young-Do, who had been rather…civil during detention the previous day and to her shame she had given him her number, she couldn’t quite fathom how he had persuaded her, but somehow he did manage to get it.

Eun-Sang quickly shook these thoughts from her head and made her way to the cafeteria as fast as she could. There she got herself some spaghetti with tomato sauce and after paying for her lunch (which was as expensive as anything else in this school) she studied the cafeteria hall. She didn’t want to sit next to anyone of her class and she was certain that they felt just the same way as her. So the only other option was an empty table, but which one to take? There were one or two in the middle of all the others, which Eun-Sang quickly dismissed – these tables were too tempting for the others to bully her.

This left her with the choice to take a table that was situated in an alcove – from there she could watch the other students without being seen too much, plus it seemed so cozy in there – she had found her table.

She was happily eating her meal, glancing periodically at her phone and the other students – when a huge shadow was casted over her and she immediately looked at the source of it.

“You’re sitting at my table”, Choi Young-Do spoke with raised eyebrows – wondering what the welfare student did at his table. Had no one told the student that it was his table, his alone?

“I don’t see your name written around here or even a sign prohibiting other people from sitting here”, Eun-Sang informed him and turned her attention back on her meal.

“It’s common knowledge, welfare student”, Young-Do insisted with his tray in hand. He could’ve easily sat down in front of her and shared a meal with her, but he refused to look weak in front of the other students. He didn’t want them – the vultures – to see that he had in fact gotten a little attached to her. He couldn’t quite tell why, but she had a way to get under his skin and he feared that the other students might bully her even more because of that. “You should change the table.”

“I was here first. If someone should leave the table it’s you”, Eun-Sang snapped at him and took a spoonful of spaghetti, hoping that he’d just leave the subject and move on. The next thing she knew her meal had been pushed from the table and the tomato sauce splattered everywhere – especially on her school uniform. 

Suddenly the cafeteria turned quiet and Eun-Sang noticed all eyes were on them. Eun-Sang, sensing that she would soon start crying, looked up with her big doe eyes at Choi Young-Do. She expected to feel anger as she looked at him, but instead she felt…betrayal but mostly pity. She took a deep breath, looked up (so as the tears wouldn’t fall) and then stood up. She really looked at him, noticing a painful looking bruise on his forearm where his shirt had ridden up. “A simple please would’ve work just as well”, she told him quietly, gathered her bag and stepped over her former lunch. ‘What a pity, it was really tasty…’, she thought as she looked at her former lunch on the floor and left the cafeteria.

 

She still had an hour before the next lesson would start and she quickly changed into her sportswear and decided to bring her uniform to a dry cleaner – not that she had the budget to do such a thing, but since Eun-Sang was living alone and her mother wasn’t  there anymore to help her, Eun-Sang had to admit that she was rather helpless at times. She had learned some things from her mother, but not how to get tomato sauce out of a very expensive school uniform.

“What happened to this uniform?”, the dry cleaning lady asked with shock as she looked at the beautiful – but horribly stained – school uniform.

“You could say I’m very clumsy”, Eun-Sang quickly answered and searched through her bag to get her wallet. While she knew that she hadn’t much cash on her, she would have to spend it all on cleaning the uniform instead of buying dinner for herself.

“Cha Eun-Sang! Your mother didn’t raise you up like that!”, the woman exclaimed and folded her arms over her chest, while she studied her friend’s daughter. “We both know that you aren’t clumsy – at least not like that. Now, I get that you do not want to tell me what happened at that school, but don’t lie. It doesn’t suit you”, the woman told

Please log in to read the full chapter