Chapter 3

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters and I hope that you’ll enjoy this one just as much! Have fun reading and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

“WHAT THE HELL?!”, Choi Young-Do screamed as he felt someone run into him. Then he started screaming even more as he realized that this person was a girl and finally he felt like his heart stopped beating entirely as the girl suddenly looked up and he was met with a red-faced and scared-looking Cha Eun-Sang.

“What are you doing here?!”, he shouted at her and tried to keep some modesty by literally gluing himself to the wall – he didn’t know how much she had seen of him, but he all too soon felt the heat rise in his cheeks. ‘Oh god! She saw me ! …what to do?! What the hell is she even doing here?! It’s the boys locker room for goodness sake!’

“I…I…I…”, Eun-Sang stuttered, trying not to look at the very Choi Young-Do in front of her. She would’ve liked to just disappear in a hole and forget everything about today, because she was sure that she would never get these images out of her head.

Eun-Sang heard Choi Young-Do groan loudly and she was just about to ask him why he did it, when he spoke up.

“If you can’t answer my question now, can you at least get me a towel or something?”, he demanded, while still pressed against the cold, tiled walls of the shower room. He had to admit while the air around them was warm, the tiles were damn cold and he already felt Goosebumps cover his skin.

Eun-Sang literally ran out of the shower and got one of the fresh towels – handing it to him with her eyes covered by her other free hand. She felt him grab the towel, his cold hand brushing against hers. ‘Oh my god…I better get out of here’, Eun-Sang thought to herself as she quickly ran out of the showers and back to the locker room – she would’ve wanted to just run out and never look back, but if she had learned one thing in the past few days that she had known Choi Young-Do it was that one could never run away from a confrontation with him.

It took him a good minute before he came out of the showers and stood in front of the very silent Cha Eun-Sang, the towel securely wrapped around his waist. He simply looked at the new student and wondered what she was doing at this hour at school and especially what she was doing in the locker rooms of the boys – and how much she had actually seen of him.

“What are you doing here?”

“Detention”, Cha Eun-Sang answered right away, her gaze strictly fixed on her hands in her lap. “The principal gave me detention for two weeks and for my first detention I was ordered to clean the locker rooms”, Eun-Sang quickly exclaimed and earned a confused look from Choi Young-Do.

“Wait, what?”, he asked with disbelieve and sat next to her on the bench. “Why would you get detention? And for two weeks?”

“Oh come on – you can’t tell me that non of your friends informed you about what happened”, Eun-Sang snapped at him.

“That’s exactly what I’m telling you! I left my phone at home, so no… I don’t know what happened this afternoon. What did you do?”

“I didn’t do anything except being the poor that plays around on the territory of the rich! Well let’s see…hm? Well according to everyone, including the teacher, I voluntarily destroyed my school desk by drawing and writing obscene things. And according to the principal it’s my own fault that the other students did this…”, Eun-Sang told her classmate and had to look up so as the tears wouldn’t start falling again. She hadn’t cried the entire day and now that she was speaking with her bully she was crying? ‘How miserable can I get…’, she thought rather harshly about herself and quickly wiped away the stray tears with the sleeve of her jacket.

Young-Do looked at Cha Eun-Sang, who was fighting against her tears, and regretted being mean to her at lunch. He really hadn’t meant to, in fact he had done these harsh things because he suddenly realized that she had been nice to him and that he…liked it, in fact he started thinking that he…might…like her. And now this had happened in the afternoon because he had been so weak after the realization that he hadn’t dared to come back to school in the afternoon and to face her!

He didn’t quite know what to do or how to act. He had never been really close to girls – actually to anyone at all – except for Kim Tan, but that was the past and he wanted for it to stay that way. Should he hug her? But he was still shirtless! Would she think that he was trying to use this situation as an advantage? Should he pat her knee like parents always do in movies? Should he make jokes? Should he just ignore it? Young-Do hated the fact that he was confronted with so many questions at the same time.

He counted to three and acted as his instincts told him to – he wrapped his arms around t

Please log in to read the full chapter