Chapter 6

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters and I hope that you’ll enjoy this one just as much! Have fun reading and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

“Are you really just going to walk out of the door again? Don’t you think you’ve got some explaining to do?”, Eun-Sang told him once again as he seemed completely frozen in place – Eun-Sang feared she too would start freezing as the open front door let the cold air in and she started shivering in her pajamas.

She heard him sigh deeply, before he took a step back and let the door close on it’s own. He had yet to turn around or even just utter a single word. Eun-Sang was starting to feel angry. All the fear and all the anger of the past weeks seemed to come crashing down on her shoulders. She threw her thin blanket away and walked barefoot towards Young-Do. Only stopping as she was very close to his back. At first she thought about hitting him, screaming at him to give her an explanation – but eventually fear and sadness had won her inner conflict of emotions and she wrapped her arms around his waist, letting her head rest on his broad back. She felt how Young-Do stiffened, but she couldn’t let go just yet as tears escaped her eyes.

“Do you know how scared I was?! After you stormed out of the infirmary like that, looking so cold… I feared that something would happen to you!”, she cried into his back, her voice muffled by his stained and slightly bloodied shirt. “I…I didn’t want to hurt you, Young-Do! I swear!”, Eun-Sang continued crying her eyes out, soaking his shirt in the same process.

But suddenly Young-Do freed himself from her grip, by pushing her hands away, opened the front door and stormed out of her apartment – letting the door slam behind him and running down the stairs of the rooftop as fast as he could. 

Eun-Sang felt as if she had been slapped hard and then pushed into an ice-cold sea as she heard the door slam shut and him running down the stairs. Her arms hung loosely next to her, lifeless and like a mess. Suddenly she felt her knees give out beneath her and she fell to the floor – a crying and sobbing mess.

She hated herself for caring for him, a person that had done nothing but hurt her, a person that had even bullied her – but mostly she hated herself because she still couldn’t let go, because she still wanted to believe that this person, deep down in his core,  maybe had a tiny soft spot for her. Deep down, however, she knew that she wasn’t crying just about him. She was crying because once again she had gotten rejected and because she felt so alone. It felt like the time her sister had rejecter her, well actually more the entire family by simply running away years ago and in a way her father too had rejected her – by dying when she was only five years old after he had promised to stay a lifetime with her. She knew that it wasn’t a rejection, it hadn’t been his wish to die so early, but it had felt like that when she was five and it still did today.

She didn’t quite know how or when, but suddenly there were strong arms wrapped around her body and she didn’t care who it was that was holding her, she simply leaned against the source of warmth provided by the embrace and left her head resting on that person’s shoulder or chest (she couldn’t quite tell what it was). Even as her tears had stopped and her sobs died down the person didn’t push her away and for that she was immensely grateful.

“Sorry for crying on you like this”, she mumbled into the persons shirt. She said that of course to apologize, but also to find out just who exactly was hugging her, as she didn’t dare to look up just yet.

“No, I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have just walked out like that”, Young-Do answered, noticing how Eun-Sang seemed to suddenly freeze – only with quite some hesitation did she let herself relax once again. For a split second he wondered if she had expected someone else, if she had wanted another male to hug her and he had to admit that it hurt him. But of course he hadn’t any proof of it and she was still here, relaxing against him, so he let it drop – for now.

“I’m also sorry about what happened the other day. I didn’t know how to handle the situation so I came to the first conclusion and I’m sorry. I saw how much I hurt you and that…just kind of freaked me out”, he continued with his explanation and wrapped his arms a little tighter around her, he just felt like he needed to have her close at the moment. He fel

Please log in to read the full chapter