Chapter 8

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters! I’m really, really sorry that it now took me so long to update, but I was in the middle of my finals and I barely had a minute for myself :/ Sorry once again and I hope that you’ll enjoy this new chapter! Have fun reading and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

As soon as they stood in front of the school gates, Young-Do stopped walking and seemed to hesitate. Other students couldn’t see them as private chauffeurs drove most of them to school and they had to use another entrance. Cha Eun-Sang didn’t quite know how to react at first, but seeing as there were no other students near them, Eun-Sang approached him and took his hand.

She gave the warm hand a reassuring squeeze and pulled him towards the school offering him a warm smile. He looked absolutely shocked and kept on glancing around them, but nevertheless followed her quietly. But as they approached the main buildings, Choi Young-Do took his hand away and kept some distance from her.

“You can go first, I’ll follow suit”, Young-Do told her with a reassuring smile, trying to cover up for his nervousness. He watch Cha Eun-Sang leave, after she had looked at him from head to toe, and took one of the side entrances to enter the school. He didn’t want to face the others just yet, he didn’t want to have to see the other students arriving in their expensive cars and new clothes. He knew that he would have to face them in class, but until then he would ‘enjoy’ the few minutes before classes started.

He walked past his completely destroyed locker, not even sparing it a glance – he knew that it wouldn’t do him any good. Of course he couldn’t blame the other students, he had tormented for so long, rubbing his wealth into their faces and bullying those that didn’t even have any, that he could nearly accept it that they would do these kinds of things in return. It was their revenge and he would fully accept it – he would hate it of course, he would even get the murderous thoughts – but he wouldn’t act on them. He felt already bad enough having to relay on Cha Eun-Sang, who herself didn’t have all that much to begin with, so he would at least try to make their cohabitation as easy and enjoyable as possible. Also a part inside of him didn’t want to disappoint her – not that he would ever willingly admit such a thing. He was, and always would be, THE Choi Young-Do.

He made sure to enter the classroom as late as possible, which of course angered his classmates. They tried to make him trip, but he was able to sidestep all their fruitless efforts. They glared at him as he walked to his own, very damaged, desk next to Cha Eun-Sang’s.

“Are you okay?”, Young-Do quietly read Eun-Sang’s neat handwriting as he opened up the small paper she had ‘thrown’ at him only seconds after the teacher entered their classroom. He had to admit that she was smart not to talk with him, but only to pass secret messages via ‘the old’ method, aka. scribbling on tiny pieces of paper.

I’m good, thanks for asking, he wrote on the other side of the paper and waited some seconds before handing it to her. He tried hard not to be too obvious, he knew that prying eyes were directed on them, Kim Tan and Yoo Rachel. He knew of course why Yoo Rachel was sending death glares towards his seatmate, but he didn’t quite know why Kim Tan was so interested in Cha Eun-Sang. It bothered him to no ends, but he didn’t say anything – after all it wasn’t his place to do so, even if he would’ve liked to tell Kim Tan ‘nicely’ to stop looking at her.

 

[…]

 

“Want to eat lunch together?”, Cha Eun-Sang quietly asked him as they were packing their things once the bell had rung. “We could eat on the roof”, she added quietly once she was sure that no one could eavesdrop on their conversation.

“Are you sure about that? What if someone sees us?”

“What if? Where’s the problem? We’re just eating – it’s not like we are going to do other things…”

“Sad about that?”, he cheekily asked and winked at Cha Eun-Sang as she rolled her eyes at him.

“Why would I?”, she shot right back and left the classroom with a satisfied smirk. She casually walked down the hall and listened closely. Sure enough she soon heard someone running towards her and her path was cut off by Choi Young-Do, who held up his hands, signaling defeat.

“Fine! Let’s eat together, but we still need to get lunch at the cafeteria and I can guarantee you that we’ll need to change once we have it.”

“I know, why do you think I keep spare clothes for me in my locker?”

“And for me?”, Young-Do demanded hopefully, walking next to her and wondering how a such a tiny girl could walk so fast. While he had a huge advantage with his long legs, he had to admit that it nearly was a struggle

Please log in to read the full chapter