Chapter 12

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters! I’m really, really sorry that it took me so long to update. With university and exams, I just couldn’t find the time to write and update this story. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that the next update won’t take as long – but I’ll try my best. Sorry once again and I hope that you’ll enjoy this new chapter! Have fun reading and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

 

A week passed by without any incidents neither at home nor at school. Choi Young-Do couldn’t be happier, while Cha Eun-Sang was getting more nervous each passing day. She thought it was fishy that everything seemed to be so calm and going smoothly – because until now nothing had ever been calm or been going smoothly since she started coming to this school. She saw how happy Young-Do was about that, but she couldn't help but to be angry with herself because she really didn’t feel that way. Eun-Sang had this weird feeling that a storm was brewing up, after all it did say ‘the calm before the storm’.

“Are you still thinking about what could go wrong or happen this week?” Choi Young-Do asked, while they walked next to each other to school, each with their breakfast in hand. It had become their routine to take the bus to a convenience store and from there to walk to their school. Especially Eun-Sang loved it, she could always prepare herself mentally for their long school days. While Young-Do wasn’t that much of a fan of these walks, he happily obliged because he loved to see the girl smile.

“It’s not what ‘could’ go wrong…I just know something will!”, Eun-Sang insisted and glanced behind her, suddenly feeling as if someone was watching them. However, there was not a single person to be seen – something that did worry her.

“There you go again! Do you always have to bring the mood down? Can’t you just accept the fact that maybe things are changing for us and that it’ll be a great week like the week before?”

“How can I do that, Young-Do? Tell me? As far as I know…all the past few months, there has never been a ‘calm’ day for me at this school! It’s not normal!”

“You’re being paranoid”, Choi Young-Do insisted and decided to not continue talking about that subject, it would just make them both mad, because both could be incredibly stubborn – even if they’d never admit to it out loud. “I’m surprised they haven’t announced anything yet…”, Young-Do suddenly mumbled to himself, but Cha Eun-Sang being the ever curious girl asked what he meant by that. “You know there’ll be an excursion soon, at least there should be…we’ve had it every year so far – and that since Kindergarten.”

“What kind of excursion?”, Eun-Sang demanded as they entered the school’s campus through the ‘back’ entrance, so as not to been seen by people such as Kim Tan or Yoo Rachel – not because Young-Do and Eun-Sang were walking to school together (many students had already seen them and some had even started some rumors).

“It changes every year, but usually it’s something that has to do with sports or sightseeing…the teachers decided where we’re headed to, but the principal gets the final say”, Young-Do explained as they entered the school building, quickly making their way to Eun-Sang’s locker, as Young-Do’s was still being fixed.

Just as Eun-Sang was closing her locker, well now “their” locker really, Yoo Rachel and her little minions came to stand next to them with her arms crossed. Eun-Sang was tempted to roll her eyes, but decided that it wouldn’t help her cause and to simply stay still. She would not do or say anything before Yoo Rachel opened .

“You really do flaunt your lack of money as if it were something to be proud of…”, Yoo Rachel remarked and looked down with disgust at Eun-Sang’s old shoes.

“Yoo Rachel, don’t you have anything better to do?”, Young-Do demanded leisurely, leaning against Cha Eun-Sang’s locker to prove his point that he wasn’t impressed by Yoo Rachel or her minions.

“Are you her new voice?”, Yoo Rachel shot back immediately and glared at Young-Do.

“Why? Does it annoy you? Don’t you have Tan to annoy or…has he already fled?”, Young-Do countered, taking a step towards the school’s ‘queen’.

“Fled? Oh please, he isn’t the coward your father is!”, Yoo Rachel shouted and took a step towards him as well.

Eun-Sang watch in horror as Young-Do’s fist started to clench and unclench. She knew that there was just so much he could take without lashing out. Unfortunately, whenever it concerned his dad, Young-Do was anything but tolerant – not because he wanted to protect the man, but because he didn’t want to be associated with him in any possible way.

Before Young-Do had time to do anything at all, Eun-Sang quickly jumped in between them – having seen a teacher down the long hallway. She wanted to get away as fast as possible so as not to get into trouble again – it would please the principal too much and just give her a reason to kick her out as well.

“Yoo Rachel, as always it was an absolute pleasure talking with you, but unfortunately we have to go somewhere. See you around!”, Eun-Sang exclaimed hastily, grabbed Young-Do’s hand and pulled him in the opposite direction of where the teacher was coming from.

 

[…]

 

“I could’ve handled her myself! There was no need for you to interfere”, Young-Do grumbled angrily as soon as they arrived on the school’s rooftop and leaned against the door to the rooftop. He angrily looked at his roommate, wondering just why the hell she had pulled him away from a confrontation with Yoo Rachel.

“Yeah, I totally saw that…”, she mocked him, while looking down at the school’s beautiful garden through which they had entered only a few minutes ago.

“What did you say?”, Young-Do wanted to know with crossed arms and raised eyebrows – challenging her to repeat her words as he came to stand next to her.

“Oh now don’t try to start a fight with me!”, Eun-Sang exclaimed and turned to look at her roommate. Why couldn’t he see that she had only tried to help him? “You know as well as I do that I was just speaking the truth! I’m not trying to anger you, but it’s a fact that whenever your dad is mentioned that you completely lose it! You might’ve handled her on your own, but that teacher, who was just coming down the hall, would’ve kicked you out of school and me probably as well! So excuse me for trying to look out for you! Excuse me for trying to be a good friend to you – a friend that actually gives a damn about you!”, Eun-Sang finished screaming and stormed out, slamming the door behind her and leaving a baffled Young-Do behind her on the rooftop.

Eun-Sag was fuming and at the same time she wanted to cry. Just what she had predicted all week was happening, but what just happened could only be the tip of the iceberg - she was sure of it. There was just this feeling of impeding doom that seemed to have lingered with her all week. She descended the stairs as quickly as possible as tears started to flow down and blurring her vision. Eun-Sang thought that she heard Young-Do following her and quickly looked behind her, too make sure that she wasn’t imagining things, but missed a step just that instant. She couldn’t help but to let out a scream as she started falling down the stairs. She desperately tried to pull in her head and to shield her face, but the world was tumbling too much and everything happened too fast. The last thing she felt was the painful impact on the floor and then everything turned black.

 

[…]

 

To say that Kim Tan was annoyed would be an understatement. So far the day had been…crappy (to put it nicely) and it wasn’t even lunchtime yet. He had had a long conversation with his father

Please log in to read the full chapter