Chapter 5

Rich Meets Poor
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I don’t own anything at all (sadly)! Thank you so much for reading the previous chapters and I hope that you’ll enjoy this one just as much! Have fun reading and leave a comment at the end to let me know what you thought of it ^^

After that disaster Eun-Sang went straight home and buried herself under her blankets, where she cried herself to exhaustion. But not even sleep gave her any form of mercy. She was haunted by the scenes of the afternoon by the way he had looked at her but mostly by his eyes….the eyes she had come to like very much, the eyes that always held so many emotions, the eyes that seemed not able to decided what color they wanted to display and now they looked at her with anger, hatred and betrayal.

Day after day she went to school in hopes that she would suddenly see him. But every day it was the same. Everyday the desk next to hers stayed empty. Sometimes it seemed as if the class had forgotten that there was someone missing. But one thing she did notice was the way Kim Tan suddenly tried to get close to her. He would randomly ask her questions on some exercises, even thought she knew that he understood them perfectly well and that he didn’t need any help or advise. Then there was Yoo Rachel, the school’s queen. She never approached her, but her eyes spoke volumes.

At every lunch, Cha Eun-Sang sent Choi Young-Do a text, telling him that he should come back to school and that she was sorry about the things she had said to him. Sometimes she’d also take pictures of her meal, the school, the things she was watching on TV or she sent him links to songs she liked. But he didn’t reply to a single text, nor did he ever call.

Eun-Sang was getting worried. Every day that passed (it had been five by now) she got a little more worried and she wondered where he could be. She knew from her childhood friend Yoon Chan-Young, who was also the class president, that no one (not even Yoo Rachel) had gotten any texts or calls from Young-Do.

 

[…]

 

 

Late on Sunday night, six days after Young-Do’s sudden disappearance, as Eun-Sang was preparing to go to bed, her phone started ringing. Immediately Eun-Sang pushed all thoughts of sleeping away and ran over to her phone. Young-Do’s name appeared on the screen of her phone. 

“Young-Do! Young-Do are you okay? Where are you?”

“Hello? Are you…Cha Eun-Sang?”, a voice Eun-Sang didn’t know asked her and immediately she feared the worst. She had images of a badly hurt Young-Do in her mind, but she forced herself to listen to the voce. “Your friend here is completely wasted in my bar and…he hadn’t any money to pay either. He kept saying ‘Cha Eun-Sang’ over and over again, so I figured you were the person to be called in cases of emergency.”

“Your bar? But…okay…can you text me the address please? I’ll come over as soon as possible…. You said he has no money to pay the bill…how much…is it?”

“Around $500”

“$500?!”, Eun-Sang exclaimed and felt her stomach twist into knots at that. Even if she reunited all the money she owned at the moment she wouldn’t be able to pay Young-Do’s bill. She felt like ripping his head off, even if she was extremely happy to know that he was well – she still felt like he could rip him to shreds because of this stupid bill. She especially despised that situation because she was about to demand something from a person she had promised to herself  she’d never ask for anything.

 

[…]

 

 

“Cha Eun-Sang? Why are you calling? Did something happen to your mother? Are you okay? Cha Eun-Sang!”

“My mother’s fine, actually thanks to you she’s seems ten years younger – so thank you so much. I’m okay, I’m fine…but…there’s something…”

“What is it?”

“Have you recently watched the news?”

“Are we talking about the Choi family, especially about Choi Young-Do? Because I’ve heard that he’s gone missing…but…from what I’ve heard…you aren’t exactly friends?”

Eun-Sang let out a deep sigh. There was so much to explain and talk about, but just so little time. Of course she knew that Kim Tan had most likely told all these things to him and she could imagine how he had distorted some of the facts – not that he actually did that, she hadn’t any proof of it, but he seemed like the type of person to do such a thing.

“It’s a really long story, one that I will tell you, but for now…can you just meet me there please?”, Eun-Sang asked with hopes that he’d let the subject go for now.

“Alright, I’ll be there and don’t worry too much, things are going to get better soon.”

 

[…]

 

“Here you are! That guy has been completely out for a while now! He kept on babbling and babbling weird stuff. You better keep him under control, missy!”, the bartender told her as soon ash she stepped foot inside – completely ignoring her companion until he graciously pulled his wallet out. Eun-Sang was very thankful towards him and not just for paying the bill and helping her with Young-Do, but also because she thought she’d loose it if that disgusting bartender or bar owner called her ‘mi

Please log in to read the full chapter