Chapter 6

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

Sorry this took really long. I am really happy to finally be able to say that I have over 100 subscribers, thank you so much to all 102 of you. Also, there will be another update out this week as an apology for momentarily ditching this story to write a one shot. Enjoy the chapter. 

~

   Sungjong was scared. He didn’t think it possible but for the first time he was scared less. Sungyeol had come back hours ago, but Chanhee, Chanhee still hadn’t returned from his work. He wanted Dongjun, he could almost imagine the comfort of pressing his face into his boyfriend’s well-muscled stomach and inhaling Dongjun’s scent, the musky body wash and sweat from an exhausting day at the gym. His phone rang, bringing him out of his thoughts, it was Dongjun.

   “Are you gonna come home anytime soon Sungjong, I miss you,” Dongjun’s voice was so calm, so everything he missed Sungjong couldn’t talk it anymore and broke down.

   “I m-miss you too,” he cursed his vocal cords for betraying him by cracking that bad.

   “Are you okay Sungjong, babe what’s wrong?” Dongjun asked.

   “I’m just stressed and I miss you Jun, I miss you so much,” Sungjong managed to say.

   “Shhh baby I know it’s hard but it’s okay. I promise that following your dreams will always only end well, and as long as you do follow your dreams I will stand by your side,” Dongjun cooed. Sungjong feeling a slight pang of guilt at the fact that his boyfriend thought he was still at his office.

   “Jun, I don’t want to do this-,” Sungjong was cut off.

   “Baby, you are such a good boy for doing so well, I want you to come home as soon as possible so we can cuddle and watch a movie before we sleep okay? Good boys deserve rewards,” Sungjong let out a slight whimper at that. Dongjun was so perfect, always distracting him in all the right ways.

   “Really?” Sungjong questioned.

   “Of course, anything for you, come home soon okay love,” Dongjun assured.

   “I love you,” Sungjong murmured.

   “I know honey, I love you too,” Dongjun replied, waiting like always for Sungjong to end the phone call first in case the other had anything else to say. Sungjong waiting for Chanhee again after the call, but visibly more relaxed. After about half an hour the front door opened, and with the loud sound the whining hinge made both Sungyeol and Sungjong were startled awake. When Chanhee entered, both boys were shocked.  Chanhee was limping with bruises around his neck and what they could see of his hand and a split lip.

   “Sungjong, go home, Sungyeol will take care of me,” Chanhee stated, and having known Chanhee for a few years, Sungjong knew arguing was pointless but did anyways.

   “I can’t leave you like this, this is the last case you are taking outside of the college, I thought we both agreed that cases outside the college were too dangerous. Look at what they have done to you. College students wouldn’t have done this much damage, the would have used you slightly roughly is all,” Sungjong bit out.

   “Like I care, college students can’t even pay half as much as these men can,” Chanhee retorted.

   “Putting your life on the line for money, why the hell do you need me then? I thought we agreed that my part in this organization was to keep the both of you as safe as possible in this field, to make sure none of the people that use you kill you,” Sungjong growled out.

   “Well then, start thinking of a way to keep us safe with people who aren’t college students, for once actually do your job,” Chanhee’s tone not angry but cold. That realization enough to bring silence among the three, Sungyeol moving to grab the first aid kit and then treating Chanhee’s wounds. So the silence went Sungjong fuming and Chanhee being treated.

“What if I went with you?” Both Chanhee and Sungjong were shocked to hear Sungyeol’s voice, quiet and filled with fear.

“Hey Sungyeol don’t push yourself, we’re sorry we put you in a position where you felt like you had to talk,” Chanhee comforted, moving his hands to at Sungyeol’s hair. The tears in Sungyeol’s eyes fading away at the gesture.”Do you really want to come with me?” Sungyeol nodded. Chanhee knew arguing with Sungyeol at that point would have been futile and so just focused on comforting the older. Chanhee knew that each time Sungyeol spoke the older would get unbelievably scared and it was the fact that he felt as if he needed to stay strong for Chanhee that was keeping Sungyeol from curling into a ball with fear.

“That would just put you both in harm's way, Sungyeol how would you explain things to Dongwoo?” Sungjong asked exasperated.

“Sungjong, I feel like if there are two of us the physical harm done would be less,” Chanhee murmured. “Sungyeol and I know what we are getting into, we have known from the start, so please just leave us be. You can’t keep us safe anymore, go back to Dongjun and your happiness and let us be,” Chanhee pleaded.

“Both of you feel this way?” Sungjong asked after a hesitant pause and was answered by two synchronized nods.

“Then, if I can’t keep you safe, at least, be the one who helps treat your wounds,” Sungjong decided it was worth a try, he couldn’t leave them.

“Of course, you can, but now I know it’s late for you and Dongjun is waiting for you. Hurry of home,” with Chanhee’s dismissal Sungjong took his leave to go home, wishing that there was something else he could do. Wishing that there was a way for love to heal the pain he felt, but love never healed. Love only distracted.

~

There were a few rules that people who knew Kim Sunggyu knew about. These were rules that not even Howon or Myungsoo dared to break, and Myungsoo and Howon broke almost every rule there was to break when it came to Sunggyu.

Rule number one, there were no better singers to exist then Kim Ryeowook and Sandeul also known as Lee Junghwan. Howon had once made the mistake of saying that Cho Kyuhyun had a better voice than Ryeowook once. What happened afterward was terrifying. Sunggyu proceeded to stalk towards Howon and with a glare that even the devil would shrink away from punched the other in the stomach hard. Myungsoo hadn’t been expecting it, and Howon was definitely taken by surprise but thankfully Howon was fine and all was forgiven. Yet that was how both Howon and Myungsoo learned that some ruled should never be broken.

Rule number two, lavender and sweat were the prettiest scents that ever existed. Nobody ever dared call either scent horrid around Sunggyu, it wouldn’t end well.

Rule number 3, no one was to mess with the leather briefcase under his bed. It was not to be touched, opened, or even looked at. Just the look in his eyes when he laid out that rule was enough to discourage anyone from touching it.

That was it, the three rules that not a single person who knew Kim Sunggyu dare to disobey. When people were asked why they were so ridiculous, well no one dared answer.