Chapter 1

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

Hi guys, so this is my third fanfiction. To all those here from my previous works thank you for your support and to all those who haven't heard of me before thank you for taking the time to read my fanfiction. That is really all I have to say so enjoy.

~

Sungyeol stared at the plate on his lap distastefully. Apples were diced up neatly on one-half and a cup of lukewarm milk resting on the other side. Neither was food he would enjoy consuming but it was something he had seen as dinner for more years than he could count. Woohyun and Dongwoo were out performing, the money they made crucial for the rent they had to pay for the apartment. That thought itself moving his hand to the milk as he gulped down the white liquid, the awful taste still filling his taste buds no matter how hard he tried to avoid the situation. His attention then moved to the apples which were dry on his tongue and he could feel it travel down his throat. The quiet in the house made time seem to pass that much slower for the poor boy who could find no other way to entertain himself. The boredom was intoxicating, making his mind sluggish and slow. The lethargy in the room infecting his body, his breathing slowing as he dissected the horrible taste that was all that was left on his tongue. "I am a good boy", Sungyeol let out a startled yelp as his ringtone sounded before dashing madly around the house in pursuit of his phone. When he saw that it was his co-worker Sungjong he immediately texted the other.

Hey Sungjong, why did you call?-Sungyeol

I received another one of the job offers, can you take it tonight or are you still tired from yesterday?-Sungjong

No, I am bored right now, anyways, so I'll come over.-Sungyeol

Don't forget to tell Dongwoo and Woohyun, we wouldn't want to worry them.-Sungjong

I'll leave them a note, when should I come over?-Sungyeol

Be here is forty-five minutes, see you soon.-Sungjong

With that Sungyeol left his chair and went to get ready for his job. He knew that Sungjong would not be happy if he dressed shabby so, like always, double checked to make sure that his appearance was immaculate. The door shutting with a soft click, a paper pinned on the fridge stating the cause of his absence.

~

This is what Woohyun lived for. The burn in the back of his throat, the make up he knew was too heavy dripping down his face mixed with his sweat, his voice slightly distorted through the mike as it filled the air in the bar and mingled with the scent of alcohol. The final note was hit with the same perfection that the performance had been delivered with as a certain few spectators applauded. The rest too caught up in the excitement of the girl they ground upon as the high caused by alcohol buzzing through their veins. Among those, it was as if he could feel their leering gazes and as Dongwoo lead him off the stage. A small smile forced onto his face as he heard a wolf whistle from one of the men as he ed the first button on his shirt. It's all for the money, he thought to himself as he swayed his hips with each step he took. He knew Dongwoo was doing the same, after all, any amount of tip they could get was needed.

"You sounded great," Dongwoo said as a slight breeze greeted them outside of the bar.

"I wish I could have seen you dance," Woohyun replied, a wistfulness in his tone that Dongwoo had never heard his voice without.

"I am sure we will be able to get you a surgery soon enough. I mean Sungyeol was able to afford hearing aids for me, maybe he already is storing up money for your transplant surgery," Dongwoo's hopefulness never seemed to end, and for once Woohyun knew it wasn't all false.

"I wonder how much he had to work to afford those. Someone his age should be enjoying life, but he just seems to spend his time working. Working for us to achieve the senses that we have lost, I feel as if it is unfair to him," Woohyun murmured.

"You know he'll get mad if we ever told that to him that. We just need to let him be and trust that he will tell us if anything is wrong," Dongwoo comforted as they walked towards their apartment. Dongwoo's fingers wrapped around Woohyun's wrist as he led the boy through the streets, trying his best to describe the obstacles around them so that Woohyun would nowhere to step.

~

"I'm back," Myungsoo announced, walking to the couch and flopping down on it. "Rehearsal was so tiring."

"You don't say," Howon's sarcasm was evident in his voice, "the clueless female lead was the reason it dragged on so much anyways."

"Guess that means I am cooking tonight?" Sunggyu grumbled and walked into their open kitchen to start preparing a quick dinner.

"Did you hear the whole e thing everyone was talking about, though?" Myungsoo asked, the tip of one of his shoes pawing at the back of the other in an attempt to get it off.

"I did, you have to admit it is intriguing, though. No one knows what he looks like because he makes all his customer's wear blindfolds. Everyone is talking about him so much, though, he might even become more popular than us," Howon speculated.

"Isn't that a stretch, plus we have other things to worry about. I swear to god, there is this model in my class that everyone is starting to gossip about. His looks are no joke either, isn't there a new student in your dance class too?" Myungsoo started, his voice laced with insecurity.

"Well, I highly doubt some pretty faced boy can beat the amount of experience you have. Plus, besides the occasional fading scar you are no eyesore yourself," Howon chuckled at the pink that bloomed on Myungsoo's cheek at the compliment, before reaching over and ruffling the younger's hair before returning to his original position on the couch. "Yeah, his dancing is no joke and neither is his body."

"You guys too, thank god. This singer was just moved up to my class and his skill is concerning. What if he manages to place number one in the class standings, everyone seems to love him," Sunggyu spoke from the kitchen. That brought contemplative silence amongst the three friends.

"What if we were to find out who the e is? It would definitely make us more well known in the school and we won't have to worry about our threatened standings," Howon suggested.

"Oh, that would be cool. Plus have you heard the way people praise what they do see of him, apparently he looks beautiful with the dark mask that only covers his eyes and forehead a stark contrast to his pale skin, and his plush lips, and-" Sunggyu interrupted Myungsoo's tirade.

"Aww, does our Myung have a crush," Sunggyu teased from the kitchen, a darker red blooming on Myungsoo's cheeks.

"I do not," Myungsoo yelled out in indignation.

"Make sure it stays that way," Sunggyu replied with a sudden seriousity that Myungsoo knew not to disobey, "es sell their body for money, there is no way they feel love."

"So then, where do we start?" Howon prompted after the tense silence that followed.

"Well I guess we should look for the person who started the rumor, they would probably know more about it, right? Plus I heard there is someone who helps him hide his identity. There must have been something they missed, something they forgot to cover up," Myungsoo suggested and received the affirmative from both Sunggyu and Howon before they all continued with their evening. Maybe if they had thought about things a little more, they would have seen how many things could go wrong. They were only college students, though, and sometimes fate can't be stopped no matter how careful one is.