Chapter 4

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

Author's Note: Alright guys, I actually finished the next chapter so I'm updating now. Thank you to mainstreams for your support. Honestly I only got this chapter done this fast because you told me to update faster. Thank you for the motivation. :) As for subscribers and commenters. I'd like to thank all of you for subscribing and commenting first of all. Next, I'd like to buyoung and mj_morales seperately because they don't have walls. I hope both of your days are as wonderful as you each are. Enjoy the read and I look forward to reading your comments. 

 

Dongwoo panted a little, exhaustion slowing his movements no matter how hard he tried to push himself harder. The choreography was still an enigma to him, the movements perfect in his memory yet sloppy in the mirror, his body wasn’t portraying his mind’s commands. His shirt stuck to his body, sweat overflowing from where it had collected and tracing its way down his body.

   “Need help?”Howon’s voice enough to cause Dongwoo to jump in startled fear. A skeptical look was passed from the older of the two.

   “Not that I am not happy that you are offering but you practically wish my soul to death with your eyes in every class. Why the sudden change of heart?” Dongwoo asked.

   “I still don’t like you much it is just that you are dragging down the whole class. At least, you aren’t an that doesn’t care, though, seeing as you are in here after class and have been practicing for god knows how long. I love learning more than I hate you, though,” it was an odd way to go about offering a truce and Dongwoo not being the brightest of souls didn’t pick up on the offer. It took a moment of silence for the daft boy to realize what Howon had meant.

   “Wait are you saying that you’ll” he was cut off by Howon’s venomous tone.

   “I think the dehydration had finally dulled your brain, who would have thought that possible? I am offering to spend the time I love to practice dance alone to coach you and you are not going to deny this offer. Do you have water?”

   “N-no, I drank it all,” Howon not missing Dongwoo’s slight stutter and softened his tone.

   “Here,” Howon wasted no time uncapping his own bottle and holding it up only to be met by a pair of confused eye. “Drink it,” Howon commanded. Dongwoo took a hesitant sip before trying to give the bottle back. “Do you think I am stupid? Look I’m already wasting my time helping you, I don’t want to deal with you passing out in the middle of the routine.” Howon allowing a small smile to grace his lips while Dongwoo was too busy chugging down water to notice. Though, when Dongwoo had finally quenched his thirst the smile was no longer visible.

~

   “Sunggyu, when are we going to start looking for the e? I really want to know who he is,” Myungsoo questioned, trying to hide the impatience in his voice. The only thing that followed was silence until Sunggyu finally eyed Myungsoo with a stare that seemed to penetrate through all his lies. Almost as if Sunggyu could see the truth, Myungsoo masking his gulp by taking a drink from his water bottle.

   “Funny you’d be the one to bring that up, and in such an urgent tone,” Sunggyu’s statement made Myungsoo’s blood run cold.

   “Well I mean it is the most exciting thing that we have ever been involved with, wouldn’t it only make sense that I am really excited about it?” Myungsoo tried to feign innocence, tilting his head and pushing his lips to imitate a confused pout.

   “That is understandable but you know what I wonder. I have been doing some research on the e and the funny thing is. You described him so well to Howon and me, yet I have never heard a single rumor about his looks. How exactly did you know about his pale skin or plush lips?” , I was so careless, letting those details slip, how did I not know Sunggyu would pick up on something, Myungsoo thought. To the others around him Myungsoo’s looked like a confused child trying to piece together what was going on, not even Sunggyu would have been able to guess his guilt nor did they know about his frantic thoughts.

“Well, maybe you didn’t look hard enough, Sunggyu,” Myungsoo’s voice was nothing above nonchalance. He had never been more grateful for the fact that he had lied so much he could pull one over anyone, no matter how close they were to him.  

“That’s true,” Sunggyu relented, Myungsoo loosening up a little as he realized that the questions had no basis. That Sunggyu didn’t suspect him of anything. “Well anyways, with this new project, I feel like we should just do research on our own and share results once a week. The project should be our primary focus, we can focus on unmasking the e afterward.”

“Sounds like a plan. What is that composition for?” Myungsoo’s smile grew larger as Sunggyu explained how he was given the honor of writing the song that would be played at graduation. A privilege given to the best composer in the entire school. Sunggyu assumed it was out of pride. In reality, Myungsoo was overjoyed about how easily he had changed the subject, meaning that he would not be a victim to Sunggyu’s prying questions, that he wouldn’t let anything slip.

~

Woohyun sat alone, thinking about what he had heard in the conversation between Dongjun and Sungjong. That was what it sounded like to be in love, that was what it sounded like to have some accept you for exactly who you are. Soon tears would drench his sleeve, soon his heartbroken sobs would echo in the air with only his shadow to hear them. That was how it always was, and not even Sungyeol knew. Sungyeol who knew more about him than anyone alive didn’t know how he craved to be held, how he craved to be kissed, how he craved to be loved in a way Sungyeol never could. Or at least, that’s what Woohyun thought. “Why me?” His voice came out ugly, cracking in the middle of the statement. “Why did you have to take away my eyes, and leave me alone. Why didn’t you just take away my life too, so I could have at least been happy with my mom, dad, and big brother?” Woohyun lost it at that his pain taking away his ability to form any coherent statements. With time, the sobbing died down, as Woohyun’s hoarse voice spat out his last question. “Why can’t a blind man do anything but dream of love?”