Chapter 5

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

Author's note: Hi guys. I know it's been forever since I updated but I had a bunch of competitions and tournaments and stuff I had to prepare for. I want to thank all of my subscribers and commenters also I realized I needed another couple so haha Chunjoe will be in this story a little, I hope you guys don't mind. A new chapter should be out soon but I still have a lot of competitions coming up so I can't tell you when. How have you all been??? I hope you all have been having amazing days and I look forward to what reading what you guys think of this new chapter. This fanfic will be mainly centered around the Infinite couples though. Enjoy the read.

~

Sungyeol bit his lip as his eyes landed on Woohyun. Woohyun, his big brother. Woohyun his optimism. Woohyun, the one person he wanted to see happy the most. Woohyun had been crying, if the smaller smile on Woohyun’s face had gone unnoticed the puffy eyes definitely wouldn’t have. Sungyeol had noticed both. He knew better than to confront Woohyun about it, after all, that would only lead to lies. Lies, Sungyeol smiled bitterly as the word passed through his mind. Lies, lies, and more lies. It’s all that anyone ever told and now Sungyeol had fallen victim to the same curse. Lies to protect loved ones. Lies to make sure one continued to be loved. Lies to hide the harshness of reality and the truth. Lies, lies, and more lies. And at the feet of each lie, pieces of broken hearts still bleeding as love continued fading.

~

   Myungsoo sighed a little thinking back to his last encounter with his e. Who could he be? Who could he be? Myungsoo’s thoughts raced frantically as he lay down on the grassy field. The melody of children frolicking in the park all around him, yet he chose to ignore the sounds in favor of lifting his hands to hold the black feather above his eyes. He makes black look so good. “Stop speaking to me in riddles,” he cried out in utter frustration. “You always leave me after the night, each time not taking your payment, yet when I ask you if what we have is love all you do is distract me, damn your sinful body. What am I to you???” Of course, people were staring at him, yet he was past the point of caring. No one really knew what went on in his head, not even Sunggyu or Howon. No one understood why Kim Myungsoo pushed himself as much as he did. He made himself top of the school, he made himself a well-rounded student, he made himself the most likable personality around. No one would ever know why, though, because if there is one thing Myungsoo could do, he could cover his tracks through lies. Lies, lies, and more lies. Every time Myungsoo opened his mouth he could speak nothing but lies. Lies to stay happy. Lies to find a way to survive until death. Lies to be able to breathe in peace even when his heart was in pieces. Lies, lies, and more lies. And beneath all these lies lay the desire for someone to love him enough to see through them all.

~

   Howon found himself staring at a sweaty Dongwoo on the floor, they had been practicing together for a couple of weeks now and each time Dongwoo wouldn’t give up until he couldn’t stand anymore. Dongwoo’s stamina is bad for a person who is in my level of dance, Howon noted. “How long have you been dancing?”

   Dongwoo didn’t answer the question, at first, still trying to activate enough of his brain to answer properly though it came out as a barely coherent statement laced with panting. “Danced...lot before….slower… to silence. Why?” Howon didn’t answer immediately, but Dongwoo was too tired to care. After all, it wasn’t like Howon ever asked him questions, but, instead just bit out commands whenever he tried to be friendly.

   “Well, no wonder your dancing is so horrid in class,” Howon’s snarky voice the only thing that seemed to ground him and pull him out of his sleep filled mind.

   “Huh,” was all he could say.

   “Your dancing because you have no stamina. We need to work on your stamina first before we can even begin practicing enough to get this piece to an, at least, decent level. I want you in the school at 5 in the afternoon every afternoon. We will work on your stamina through sports drills and runs until 8. We will then practice the choreography from 8 to 10 and then you are free to go home. Do I make myself clear?” Howon’s voice was hard, determined but there was something in it that sounded akin to compassion. Lee Howon compassionate about something related to him, Dongwoo played it off as a trick of his tired mind.

~

   There wasn’t much that Sunggyu wanted out of life. He just wanted to have a loving family of sorts. He was a Kim though, so of course everyone associated him with perfection. He was never one to disappoint, not with how mad he knew his parent would get if he ever tarnished the prestige that came with the family name. Only one girl had been able to give him that feeling of family before. True it had all been a lie but seeing her every day had once been his paradise. She loved him until she could no longer. It was a weird feeling seeing her every day and knowing that she was happy somewhere else. He was a cry from the person he had once been. Now everything was just him trying to get live up to expectations. She was always the light in his life and know she was gone. She had left him after giving him a glimpse into a perfect family. A glimpse into a happy future. Sunggyu didn’t regard many things as cruel or unattainable, but that world she let him see before shutting him out completely. That world that know he can only remember was to him nothing but evil.

~

   “Chanhee,” Chanhee’s heart skipped a beat when he heard that voice. He could hear the slight strain in it that could only mean one thing.

   “Byunghun, why are you crying what happened?” Chanhee set aside his sketch pad, enveloping the shorter boy in a hug.

   “Cha-chanyeol said he…. He left me,” Byunghun wailed out and Chanhee felt whatever was left of his heart breaking again.

   “Byunghun, why him? So many people want you but he, he isn’t good for you,” Chanhee tried to reason only to make the other boy cry harder.

   “He promised that he didn’t want Baekhyun, he promised it Chanhee. I trusted him but he went right back and begged Baekhyun to forgive him,” Byunghun choked out. “Chanhee, I love him. I want him back. I even bought this for him,” Chanhee bit his lip to stifle a groan as he eyed the expensive ring. Yet the love in Byunghun’s eyes was no joke.

   “He spoils Baekhyun so much Byunghun,” Chanhee stopped himself knowing that continuing this conversation would only leave Byunghun hurt. The truth was so obvious Chanyeol didn’t love Byunghun, he was merely too bored to have a simple relationship with Baekhyun his loyal boyfriend and so chose to use Byunghun to give him the ual excitement having only Baekhyun could not. “I guess you’ll just have to change that. What are you doing wasting time here? Go get your man back,” Chanhee wiped away Byunghun’s tears before watching the other boy walk away. Finally, he let his own tears fall, he and Byunghun had always been together even as children, why was it that he was in love with Byunghun when Byunghun couldn’t even acknowledge him? His phone rang, Sungjong’s set ringtone blaring a little too loudly.

   “Hi Chanhee, there is another job for you. I don’t know if we should take him, though, the last time he used you it left you with severe physical damage,” there was doubt in Sungjong’s voice.

   “Ahh, the guy that made me bleed, well you are lucky Sungjong, today I am in the mood to feel severe pain today. What time has he requested the meetup?” Chanhee asked

   “Same time, same place,” Sungjong replied reluctantly and Chanhee smiled.

   “How much payment?” Chanhee asked, making quick calculations and realizing that he was probably far behind in rent payments because Byunghun had used their savings to buy that ring for Chanyeol.

   “50,000 won if you lay there and do nothing, he says he’ll go up to 150,000 won if you react in ways that please him,” Chanhee couldn’t help but laugh a little at the disgust in Sungjong’s voice.

“Why do you help the both of us Sungjong? We are both lowly and yet you even go behind your boyfriends back to help us out. Make sure Dongjun doesn’t find out about any of this, though, I would hate it if we were the cause of him leaving you,” Chanhee cautioned after he had regained his composure.

“Of course, I’d help you and Yeol out, you both mean a lot to me. Something happened with Byunghun didn’t it, you normally don’t sound so bitter,” Sungjong was met by the beep of the call being cut. Chanhee double checked his appearance to make sure it would please his client before grabbing the white, feathery mask he kept hidden from Byunghun, part of him excited about the pain he would feel. After all, it would make him forget about the pain in his heart.