Chapter 1

My Maid, My Master

Amber looked at the ringing alarm. 5 A.m. She quietly got up and brushed her teeth showered and made breakfast. Then she would kiss her brother and mom goodbye and go to her first job at  factory. After that at 1 PM she would go to her second job at the local cafe as a waitress. Then at 6:30 she would walk to the supermarket and sweep and clean. This was her everyday routine ever since her father passed away due to a car accident. She still remembered the day ever clearly.

The Lui's family were going on a trip to the beach for summer break. They were happily singing along to PSY Gangnam Style when a drunk driver lost control and hit their car. The father immediately died, the little boy's legs was crushed,the mother had glass in her eyes and the sister was the only one with just a little scratch here and there. She immediately called emergency while crying. She tried waking her dad but he wouldn't budge. She calmed her brother as he wailed in pain. She watched as her mother suffer. There was nothing she could do. Once they eventually reached the hospital it was all too late. 

Her father was a goner. Her mom now blinded by the glass in her eyes. And her little brother forever paralyzed with his legs that had no use. And her? She was forever scarred with the memory. The driver was a rich man. And in Korea if you were rich you had power. He payed for the hospital bills and left without a word of apology. She ran after him just for him to say sorry but he just laughed at her and went away. It was a day she would never forget. The memory was forever in her heart. 

Amber got her stuff and stood in the assembly line and began to work. Her yawns were still there as she worked. She carefully assembled the peices together and made sure it was correct before moving on to next item.

During break she ate her small portion of fish cake and rice and went back to work. She looked at her old worn watch and realized it was time to go. She gathered everything back and waved goodbye to her co-workers. 

Jaeya sighed as she waved goodbye to Amber."She works too hard. After this is the cafe and then the supermarket. She needs a rest. She is only 17 after all."

"Poor Amber she looks like she barely had 3 hours of sleep."

All the coworkers nodded their head in agreement. All the years that they knew Amber she was always working too hard and not sleeping enough. But what could she do? She had a blind mother and handicapped little brother that she had to take care of.

"Annyeonghaseyeo." Amber cheerfully greeted her manager.

"Yes you too dear. Today you'll be on the cashier. Luhan is sick today."

Amber nodded her head in reply. She gave her manager a smile before grabbing the red apron and going to the counter. She put on her hat and her big beautiful smile ready to take orders.

A pretty lady came in and greeted the manager and chatted for a while before she began to order.

"Dear I would like 3 Americanos to go and a dozen donuts with chocolate and strawberry cake."

"Yes ma'am. That will be 50 dollars please."

Amber waited patiently for the lady to get her purse and wallet out when she stopped in mid air.

" oh dear. I only have 45 dollars."

Amber smiled at the lady before saying,"that's okay ma'am I'll pay five dollars for you. Please wait a while for your cakes and donuts. Here are your drinks."

The lady was obviously very shocked. Of course she had the money. She just wanted to test this girl and obviously she passed it.

After getting her sweets the lady gave Amber 100 dollars and she did something else that amazed her. Instead of keeping the money like every other worker would have she gave the money to her manager to which her manager was very pleased. 

While Amber took orders she was called into the back. There was her manager and that lady from earlier.

"Amber this is my old friend Oh Yana. She was very touched by what you did back there." Hani explained to Amber.

"That was nothing. It was my pleasure to help out."

Yana smiled and said,"Amber I think you're perfect!"

"Really miss that was nothing." Amber refused the money Yana gave to her. What she did was purely because she wanted to help not because she wanted money.

"Lets see Amber. Hani told me you have three jobs?"

Amber nodded.

"And you have a mother a brother that you have to take care of?"

Again she nodded.

"And you're only 17?"

She nodded for the third time. She was in shock. She didn't know Hani would tell her private life to a stranger! But she kept quiet if she wanted to keep her job and feed her family.

"I can help you. You see I need your help. I have a son who's your age and he's handsome and everything but since me and my husband spoils him so much he isn't camera ready. I'm tired of having to stop the news and media from putting his bad news into public. So I hired professional teachers and everything I could think of to help him but it didn't work."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Well i want you to become his teacher in helping him. I've heard so much about you from Hani and I wanted to see you for my self so I came here today and put you to the test and you passed! So what I'm asking is you help and stay with my son for a year and teach him and I give you 8000 every week. By the end of the year you'll have over millions. I'll pay for your brothers school. I'll send him to a school for special kids and I'll find the best eye doctors in the world to help your mom earn her eyesight back. How's that?

It was such a tempting offer. Her brother could go to a school where kids wouldn't make fun of him and he could learn in peace. Her mom would get help and she would be able to pay for clothing food and probably a new house for them. But if she didn't succeed she would have to pay back everything. She would lose all that she had. But she needed this.

"Okay. I'll do it."

"Great! Sign this here."

Yana gave Amber a fancy pen and she nervously signed her name on the paper. There was no going back now...

 

 

 

 

No Sehun here but in the next chapter. Anyways how is the start?? Read and comment!!💕💕