Two

Flying Without Wings

"Nature Fusion, for bouncy hair," Seungkwan reads the big bold letters of his new shampoo outloud, before lifting his flaming gaze back to Seungcheol.

Is this what awaiting death feels like.

"What the hell is this?"

Seungcheol tries his best not to look so obvious as he gulps. "Your shampoo..?"

"My shampoo is L'Oreal."

, so that's what it was. Seungcheol swears he only remembers there's an 'e' somewhere. "Well, maybe it's time to try a different one--?"

"You're unbelievable."

"Oh, come on, they're all the same anyway!" Seungcheol whines, trying to take the shampoo back from his roommate's hand so he can talk him out of it.

"No, they're not!" Seungkwan looks scandalized and Seungcheol wonders which one of them is the sane one. "I want to keep my hair curly as it is, I tried that one, it makes your hair literally so light I felt like I went bald."

"Isn't that a good thing--"

"Not when you can't keep the image of yourself going bald off your mind."

Seungcheol just chooses to shake his head. This conversation is ridiculous. "Anyway, I got everything you have right here. Celeries, squids, eels... All of them, you can start cooking later, okay? Yes you can." He takes everything off the bag rather hastily, reciting every single product God helped him with with Seungkwan's confused saucer-wide eyes following him like the older's gone mad. "Now, I have a very important question for you."

Seungkwan blinks. Seungcheol takes it as a sign to go on and rests his hands on the younger's shoulders to squeeze them, gaze serious.

"Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?"

Seungkwan blinks again, slower this time, with an almost inaudible I'm sorry what?, so Seungcheol repeats willingly. "Have you ever fallen in l--"

But Seungkwan interrupts him with a hand up Seungcheol's face. "I heard you the first time."

"--Oh. Then--"

"Is this a serious question or are you ting me?" Seungkwan narrows his eyes, skeptical. He's one to have a crush on guys quickly, just a fleeting admiration one day and gone the next, and Seungcheol has been teasing him about it a lot. He wonders if that's one of those teasings.

"Can't you see how serious I'm being." Seungcheol gestures a circle to his face and Seungkwan can't help but blink again.

"Hyung, come on, you know that stuff exist in another realm along with tooth fairy and Santa and rainbow unicorns." Seungkwan makes jazz hands, rolls his eyes and turns on his heels to check on his groceries, leaving Seungcheol and his stupid face by himself. "You need time to actually be in love with someone. It doesn't happen as easy as you spell ABC."

Seungcheol begs to differ. He experienced it literally a few minutes ago. "But I felt it! When I saw him! He was so beautiful, Seungkwan-ah, I almost thought he's a girl because he has the most... most... bling bling and silky hair I've ever seen in the history of hairs!"

Seungkwan sometimes questions if Seungcheol's IQ test did him justice. If it did, his choice of words need more work.

"The butterflies in my stomach just burst when he smiled at me.."

"Oh my God, hyung!" It's Seungkwan's turn to look at him, genuinely mortified and grossed out.

Seungcheol punches on the younger's arm with a huff, ignoring the grumbling from the other. "I'm serious! I just.. Seungkwan-ah, I need to see him again. I'm going crazy, I can't live without him!"

"... You literally just met him a few minutes ago."

"Yeah, and see what it does to me now?! I'm getting fidgety!" Seungcheol almost screams and pulls on his hair. He needs to see that angel again or he will die a painful death.

(And yet he never admits it when Seungkwan claims him a drama-king).

"Look, hyung, I'd love to talk to you about this, I really do," Seungkwan nods, resting a hand on his chest as he fakes the most understanding face he can muster and pats Seungcheol on the shoulder, "but one, I need to start to cook that eel now; two, I honestly don't steer the wheel of your love life so I can't help; and three, your problem, your responsibility."

Seungcheol wants to protest, mouth already opening to inhale a good intake of breath, but the loud doorbell stops him from continuing.

"Go get it and then come back and help me chop the onions." Seungkwan tells him while he himself heads back to the kitchen to do his thing. Seungcheol grumbles, he's not done with this yet, and he never will. Not anytime soon, at least. Seungkwan will see.

"Hello!" A smile greets when Seungcheol opens the door, and he feels his heart almost drop on the ground, eyeballs almost popping out of his sockets and his wording skills gone to Andromeda all at once yet again, "I'm new in this apartment and I'm here to give-- Oh, hey, it's you again!"

Seungcheol screams inwardly because is this fate, I'm sure this is fate, the angel is here, he is here!!! For me!!!

"I didn't know you live here. I just moved in the unit under yours and I bring some cookies. You know, 'greetings and please take care of me' kind of gift?" The angel chuckles, causing Seungcheol gargles something in near dolphin frequency that the angel just stops altogether and stares at him, half concerned and half trying not to laugh. "Uh, are you okay..?"

"What's going on?"

God bless Seungkwan our savior.

"Oh, hello." The angel turns his attention to the shorter male, and Seungcheol takes the chance to stare at that perfect curves of his features while he can. "I'm your new neighbor? I just moved in in the unit under yours, so I'm here to give you greeting snacks."

As much as Seungkwan wants to ignore the idiocy that is Seungcheol, it's hard to do when he's blocking the door. But he smiles nonetheless, extending his hand to shake the angel's and welcoming the gift into his hold. "We welcome you to Diamond, then. Though it's not as luxurious as the name presents, it's still pretty good home nonetheless." 

"I can't agree more. I'm glad you guys don't look like creeps."

Seungcheol freezes on the spot. That isn't intended for him, is it?

"But you gotta be careful of this thing," Seungkwan gestures at dumb-founded Seungcheol, who's still too awestruck to recite a comeback like he always does, "He's nice most of the time, but he does stupid things a lot."

The angel just laughs at that and Seungcheol feels his heart melt. That laugh sounds so beautiful that Seungkwan's insult doesn't do a thing for his feelings. "I'm sure he's not a bad guy."

"Oh, you never know. I'm Seungkwan, by the way."

"Jeonghan. Yoon Jeonghan. Nice to meet you, Seungkwan. I like you already."

Jeonghan. The name echoes in Seungcheol's head. Jeonghan. It rolls so nicely on his tongue he just wants to call him over and over ag--

A hard nudge on his ribs. "And this sicko's name is Seungcheol. He's twenty one but has an attention span of a three."

The beautiful Jeonghan guy chuckles again and Seungcheol can't feel his legs. "You know what, I kind of noticed it too from earlier."

"You've met before?" Seungkwan's eyes are slightly wider now as he flicks his gaze between the two.

"Yeah, I found him staring at shelves of shampoos earlier at the grocery store."

"Oh," Seungkwan turns to Seungcheol this time, his gaze knowing and teasing and there's a grin on his lips that Seungcheol hates so much, "Oooh."

It's Jeonghan who flicks his gaze between the two roommates now, curious. "Why, did he say something weird about me..?"

"Oh, he said something alright," Seungkwan hums a playful tune, and as much as Seungcheol wants to jump on him and shove a hand to cover his mouth, he doesn't want to do any risky business in front of his angel, "But not a weird thing, not at all. So nothing to worry about."

"Oh, thank God," Jeonghan laughs again. Please keep laughing I can live forever with that beautiful sound please please-- "Well then, I guess I have to keep going with my route, I'll see you guys around?"

"Of course," Seungkwan smiles at him, not even bothering to try and snap his roommate out of his idiocy. "We'll be the ones visiting you soon!"

Jeonghan returns the kindness with a beautiful grin on his lips and a small bow of his head, to which Seungcheol returns with a full 90 degrees bow (it takes almost all in Seungkwan not to facepalm), and he slowly, very slowly, closes the door to a click afterwards.

"... Seungkwan-ah."

Seungkwan knows that look, a ridiculous grin wider than their front door and Seungkwan begs with all his gaze please don't start.

"This is fate, isn't it?" He sighs dreamily, leaning on their door like he's the male lead of some low-budget teenage romance movie, "I think this is fate."

"Sure it is." Seungkwan rolls his eyes again; he just can't care less. "Now get out of that fairy tale book and start chopping the onions, you whipped idiot."