Five

Flying Without Wings

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (8:30PM)

'Angel Jeonghan', really? That's what you put yourself under?

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (8:36PM)

Hey, don't look at me, it was Seungkwan's idea first to call me that ㅋㅋㅋ 

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (8:42PM)

Really? Out of the blue? Pft, right-

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (8:46PM)

Probably because my birthday's on October 4. 1004?

From: Angel Jeonghan (8:49PM)

But honestly tho, where's the lie? (o˘◡˘o)~☆

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (8:53PM)

You're surprisingly as conceited as Seungkwan, I'm shocked. Were you always like this or is this because you've been hanging out with him too much lately?

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (8:56PM)

You know what, I'll just take that as a compliment, I like that sass-ball too much ㅎㅎ This is my true self!

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (9:01PM)

You should hang out with me more, maybe then you'll become less conceited and more normal.

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (9:03PM) 

Pft, normal, yeah sure—

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (9:05PM)

Yah! Are you doubting me? Am I not normal to you?!

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (9:07PM)

I didn't say anything~ :p

From: Angel Jeonghan (9:27PM)

Seungcheol...? :c

From: Angel Jeonghan (9:41PM)

You're not mad at me, are you? I was just joking!

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (9:52PM)

Omg sorry! I had a flux of customers just now. And no of course I'm not mad at you!! I'm nice. :p

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (9:58PM)

I want to say something to that but then you won't reply anymore so I'll just stay quiet. XD Are you working now? Am I disturbing you? :(

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:02PM)

ㄱㅅㄱ" I'm going to pretend you said nothing. Yeah actually, I am, but it's ok, I'm free now!

And rather bored, so I'm glad you texted haha :)

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:05PM)

Are you sure? Where do you work at anyway, why so late?

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:08PM)

Very sure. I work at night club, so yeah I have night shifts ㅋㅋ

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:11PM)

Omg are you a stripper?!?! (ㅇ ㅁㅇ)"

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:13PM)

... OTL No Jeonghan, I'm a bartender at B One. I'm not even sure we have a stripclub in this country—

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:18PM)

Oh. ㅋㅋㅋ that's true.

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:19PM)

Can I come visit?

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:23PM)

Yeah, why not. Just tell me when, I might not be here and you might not get free drinks. :p

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:25PM)

Pft, have you seen me? I never NOT get free drinks before :p

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:28PM)

... Wow. I literally have nothing to reply to that with...

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:32PM)

That's 1 point for Jeonghan then, ha! When does your shift end?

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:35PM)

Supposedly around 1AM, but you know some people likes to hang around until later, so idk...

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:37PM)

Can I visit now then?

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:40PM)

What— Now?! It's already so late though?

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:44PM)

I'm bored. Been out with Jisoo from daylight but he wants to go home now and I don't :/

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:44PM)

And besides, I'm already in Itaewon :p and you can walk me home so I don't have to go home alone ㅋㅋㅋ

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (10:48PM)

You sure you want me to walk you home? I finish at 1 Jeonghan...

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (10:52PM)

That's fine, it's been a while since I last gone clubbing anyway~

 

To: Angel Jeonghan (11:28PM)

Sorry, my manager just told me off from using the phone while working haha. Just come over and find me at the counter ok?

 

From: Angel Jeonghan (11:34PM)

Okay I'm already near, sorry I got you into trouble! ㅠㅠㅠ

 

* * *

 

In all honesty, Seungcheol doesn't expect Jeonghan to keep his words. It's getting late, and their apartment complex is only a few blocks away; he would understand if Jeonghan decides to turn and keep walking home instead. So he's more than surprised to see the faint silhouette of his (perfect) face dim-lit by the colorful lights circling around.

"Thank God you didn't lie about not being a stripper!" Is the first thing Jeonghan shouts pas the booming music as soon as he slides in to sit on one of the stools. Seungcheol just laughs heartily.

"What can I say, I'm an honest man. What can I get ya?"

"That depends, are you going to show me your sick juggling skill or are you going to boringly pour my drink like every normal person? If it's the latter, just get me a tap water."

Seungcheol grins. "Specially for you, I'll go with the former."

He has to take into consideration that Jeonghan might or might not have a high alcohol tolerance, so he goes with a simple Manhattan, cocktail shakers twirling all around him as he shows off his skill. A sense of pride flares in his chest from the way Jeonghan looks at him; full of proud and awe, exactly everything he's ever get from a customer, but it's a different feeling because it's Jeonghan.

"Here you go." He slides the pretty-looking red liquid's tall glass over to Jeonghan. "I hope you enjoyed the performance, Sir?"

Jeonghan almost opens his mouth, but another bartender near Seungcheol scoots in with a playful twinkle on his eyes. "Don't get tricked. He might say it's a special show only for you, but honestly it's what he does daily around here."

"Yah! Don't go around and spill the beans!" Seungcheol slaps the slightly taller bartender's in the , to Jeonghan's surprise, but the other just laughs it off like it's something they do often. "Sorry about that. He's a bore."

"Who's named Mingyu. Hello." The tall bartender slides in Jeonghan's frame of sight again, and Seungcheol groans, trying to push him away to no avail because Mingyu's already bending forward, propping his chin on his palm and staring at Jeonghan with a creepy grin. "You're very pretty."

"Thank you, I guess." Jeonghan just waves it off with a soft laugh. "Why is your name so familiar to me?"

"He's one of Seungkwan's friends. He might have mentioned him to you."

"Ah..." Jeonghan nods, and Mingyu does too.

"Really though, I almost didn't believe you're actually here for this lame guy." He points at Seungcheol with a smug smile on his lips.

"Alright, that's enough," Seungcheol actually uses his strength to push Mingyu away this time, and despite being almost half-a-head taller than him, Mingyu is still too weak for Seungcheol's strength. "Don't listen to him. I'm popular."

Jeonghan laughs at that, because Mingyu's shout of 'that's a complete and horrible lie!' makes it to his ear in no time. "He's pretty cute."

"Na-uh, he's off-limits," Seungcheol tuts, refilling Jeonghan's drink again after skillfully juggling the shakers behind his back, just for show (he likes it when Jeonghan looks at him in awe), "He and his boyfriend are so cheesy and sweet, it's sickening."

"We're romantic. You're just salty you haven't gotten a booty in years." Mingyu slides closer again and Seungcheol pushes at his face until he backs off for real to the other corner of the counter with a mocking laugh.

"Haven't gotten a booty in years, huh," He hears Jeonghan catches up behind him and he really wants to facepalm.

"Like I said, don't listen to him."

"Why not? Was that a lie?"

"Well—" Seungcheol splutters, lips idiotically opening and closing like a fish, "Not really?"

"Then?"

It takes seconds for him to actually form a proper answer, but even then it doesn't sound very convincing. "He just likes teasing me."

"Aw," He watches Jeonghan propping his chin on both his palm, head tilting slightly in adoration, "You two are cute."

"Let's not go there," Seungcheol playfully groans, "It's not enough that he has to come over a lot to raid my food, now he has found a new game by walking me down my miserable love life."

"Oh come on, I'm sure it's not that bad," The bob-haired male chuckles before turning his attention to the dance floor, "I think I want to dance."

The pit of Seungcheol's stomach churns rather uncomfortably; sure, there aren't very much rated -to-crotch, -to-, crotch-to-crotch interaction going on in the dance floor much like every other day on the weekends, but there are still lots of people and very little gaps between them, and the thought of Jeonghan grinding—accidentally or on purpose—against them is very much disturbing him.

"Actually, the manager told me I can get off early," He blurts out, a completely made-out and non-organized lie. What are you doing, Choi Seungcheol, he's not your boyfriend!

Jeonghan frowns as he slowly turns to Seungcheol, then at his watch, then back at Seungcheol. He's suspicious, Seungcheol can tell. "It's only a little after 12, I thought your shift ends at 1? And didn't you said you got scolded for being on your phone? He let you get off early after that?"

"Yeah," Seungcheol tries his best not to look so obvious as he gulps, "He's a very lenient manager. I'll be fine."

"Well, if you insist..." Jeonghan eventually gives up, sliding back to his seat more comfortably. "I'll wait here while you finish off whatever it is you need."

Seungcheol flashes him a smile and a nod before he's off to have a quick chat with Mingyu, then dashing off behind the 'staff only' door. Jeonghan just watches him with a smile before Mingyu decides to replace the empty spot.

"So, Mingyu," Jeonghan hums, a playful smile on his lips, "Pretend we're old friends and tell me all about you and your little lover."

Mingyu laughs, but Jeonghan can sense the underlying shyness, and he smiles, "He's not little, at all. If you know what I mean."

It takes a few moments for Jeonghan to register what he means, and when he does, he bursts out laughing, only to cover the second-hand embarrassment, "Oh my God, when I said 'pretend we're old friends', I didn't mean more than a decade old! We just met today, I didn't need to know about your ual lifestyle yet!"

"Hey, you asked about it first!"

"You know that's not what I meant!"

"Oh well," Mingyu shrugs like it was nothing, but small chuckles still lingers anyway, "I'm serious though, he's not little, he's taller than Seungcheol hyung! Well, only by half an inch, but still."

Jeonghan hums, so Mingyu takes it as a cue to continue. "His name is Wonwoo, he's Seungcheol hyung's junior, actually! They're both the same major. We grew up together, but we only started dating a year ago or so."

"Ooh, childhood friends turned lovers, interesting. Did he confess first?"

"I did. If he did, we wouldn't be dating right now, that clueless brat." Mingyu rolls his eyes, but he stops midway when he realizes something, "Wait, why am I telling you all this? Oh my God, did you hypnotize me into spilling all my personal secrets?"

Jeonghan laughs whole-heartedly. He's always told how comfortable his presence is around others, that they can't help but talk to him like he's a long-lost siblings. Jeonghan magic, he supposes.

"Anyways, no need to pay, Seungcheol-hyung got it covered."

"What?" Jeonghan whines, eyes wide at the news, and he twirls around in his swivel stool. "But he told me I can pay next!"

It's Mingyu's turn to laugh, but before he can retort with anything, Seungcheol is already back into the conversation with a more casual attire, button-down-shirt off and replaced with a simple white print tee and a black jacket, confusion in his face when he sees Mingyu laughing and Jeonghan scrunching his nose up in disapproval.

"You told me I can pay next!"

"For a date, Jeonghan," Seungcheol chuckles, admiring himself for not sounding so nervous when he said it, "This is not a date."

"We're in a club and it's almost midnight and I drank a Manhattan!" Jeonghan screeches, arms crossed over his chest and Seungcheol can't help but find him utterly adorable, "Might as well be a date!"

"Well, it's too late now, all that's left to do is for us to go home." Seungcheol shrugs nonchalantly; he's not having this argument today. Jeonghan comes to his workplace, it's only fair if he gets him free drinks, at least as a welcoming drink.

"Ugh, fine," Jeonghan gives up with a scrunch of his nose before putting on his jacket again. "But next time, I really pay. I won't be having your reasons." He points at Seungcheol, who just waves it off with a grin.

"We'll see about that. Bye, Gyu, don't abandon your customers!"

They leave with a disgruntled Mingyu behind them for taking two shifts all on his own. Seungcheol struts away after Jeonghan with a victorious laugh.

 

 

 

The walk back to their apartment unit went a little quieter than Seungcheol had expected, with only a little jokes exchanged here and there, but nothing too excessive; it's perhaps the exhaustion. Jeonghan did say he was out the whole day since afternoon, right? And he himself hasn't been sleeping well catching up with his classes and upcoming exams. But it's a good silence that they're having, so Seungcheol doesn't really mind (despite the fact that the back of his hand occassionally brushes against Jeonghan's and he really just want to hold it tight).

As expected, their apartment complex is quiet, most of the lights on the windows are off except a few, but then again they know most students who live there is quite an owl. They ride the elevator and walks over to Jeonghan's unit in silence.

"Your light's on?" Seungcheol points out when he notices the ray of lights from under his door.

Jeonghan rummages his pocket for his key with a hum. "Yeah, Hansol stays over. He doesn't go to sleep unless it's later than 3AM."

"Wow," Seungcheol scrunches his nose, "That's... unhealthy."

"He always told me off if I nag him. He said 'kids these days stays up so late, why can't I?'."

Seungcheol laughs; he's not too familiar with that concept. Seungkwan's the type to sleep at 9 because that's when the collagen production on your skin is at its maximum

"Well then, thank you for walking me back." Jeonghan turns to him with a grin. Seungcheol grins back.

"Actually you kind of forced me, it's not like I offered—"

Jeonghan hits his chest lightly and Seungcheol yelps, laughing as he rubs at the lingering sting.

"Well, off you go. Good night," Seungcheol smiles, giving the other male's back a gentle pat (it's amazing how far they've gone now, remembering how incapable Seungcheol was of Korean just by the sight of Jeonghan), and Jeonghan smiles in return.

"Good night. It was a fun short date, by the way. I should visit your workplace often."

"I'll grant you one more visit and then there's no more free drinks."

"Deal," Jeonghan laughs, waving at Seungcheol before opening his door.

But just as Seungcheol is about to turn on his heels and left, he's riled back with the sound of Jeonghan's shriek.

Panicking at the sudden voice, Seungcheol clambers back to Jeonghan's door with a stuttered 'what happened did you get robbed'. But apparently, what's in front of him is perhaps worse than robbery.

It takes a moment for Seungcheol to finally register the promisingly tangled limbs and bare skin, the red, breathless and literally only half-an-inch-away familiar faces looking right back at him and Jeonghan wide-eyed.

"WHAT THE , SEUNGKWAN?!"

"CHOI HANSOL, PUT ON A SHIRT AND GET OFF OF HIM, RIGHT NOW!"

 

 

Finally Verkwan makes an entrance. Sorry for the long wait ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, I'm doreunja on Tumblr, follow me and give me drabble prompts!! ouo