One

Flying Without Wings

Seungcheol honestly was never a big fan of being disturbed.

He's twenty one, living his glorious life as a senior in university and another less-glorious life as an averagely-paid bartender for nearby night club. His roommate is two years his junior in the same university and is as screeching loud as a hungry seal who often invites his as screechingly loud friends over or some talks and movies and cheap pizzas (a.k.a broke college students' kind of party).

So, while Seungcheol is still not a big fan of disturbance, he's lived surrounded by ear-splitting noises and annoying, demanding dongsaengs for years that he's grown accustomed to it. To a certain degree. There are still days when he just wants a quiet, lazy day in bed with no disturbance whatsoever.

Days like today. Peaceful Sunday with only a glint of sunlight illuminating his messy excuse of a bedroom, his phone set in silent mode and his brain set in not-picking-up-my-phone-even-if-it's-the-president-calling mode. This rare day needs to be appreciated to its full potential.

"Hyung!"

... Dammit. I can never have a single minute of peace, can I?

"Hyung, I swear to God!"

His bedroom door that slams open and heavy footsteps approach him hastily. Quick, Seungcheol, play dead!

"It's past noon already, are you going to sleep all day?!"

But you see, playing dead isn't very effective when your roommate have known you for years.

So when Seungkwan rips his curtain open, allowing the blinding sunlight to crash mercilessly against his closed lids, he can't help but groan and stuff himself further under his blanket.

"Leave me alone."

"No," Seungkwan pulls on the poor starry dotted blanket and ignores the strange position of his older roommate like it's everyday occurence, "You're going to the mart and buy groceries and daily necessities, we're out of tissues. I told you already last night."

Seungcheol grumbles incoherent noises and Seungkwan's brain professionally translates it as no you didn't.

"Yes I did, I asked you if you have time to get groceries last night and you said you would do it, so do it," He lands a smack on Seungcheol's , causing the older to grunt louder, "now!"

"I'm older than you." Seungcheol whines, but he rises because he's a good hyung, although unwillingly. "You don't get to order me around."

Seungkwan looks at him as if he just spits poop. "I do all the cleaning in this apartment, I do all the cooking in this apartment, I do all the bill-paying for this apartment because you can never be bothered with them; I even laundered your stinky boxers, so hell yes I get to order you around."

Seungcheol groans pathetically (because it's true). "Fine. Mum."

"Good," Seungkwan really can't be bothered by the nickname anymore because he does feel like he's a mother with Seungcheol around. "Get that off that mattress or there would be no food for you until tomorrow."

Maybe Seungcheol is just not destined to have a peaceful Sunday after all.

 

 

 

"Celeries?"

"Done."

"Potatoes? Carrots?"

"Putting them in right now." And Seungcheol does, even though he's not too sure the huge amount of potatoes and carrots inside the vinyl bag is too many for Seungkwan's standard or not.

"Now go to the fish corner and get me a couple of medium-sized squids. And eels."

Seungcheol isn't too sure how much is "a couple" but he's honestly a little scared Seungkwan might scold him if he asks, so he stays silent. "Anything else?"

"You got the shampoo yet?"

"Right after this, Ma'am."

"You remember mine?"

Oops. What was it again-- Pantene? Or was it L'Oreal? "...Yes."

"...You don't sound so sure."

"I know what I'm doing, Seungkwan." No, he doesn't. "Just trust me and I'll see you at home, okay? Bye."

Seungcheol can hear some protests before he hangs up but he doesn't care. He's sure Seungkwan will appreciate any shampoo he gets him anyway.

But apparently, to his horror, going to the biggest grocery store in the area for more choices means too many choices. He's stuck standing in front of the shelf full of shampoos, local and imported, and his face contorts from emotional pain to physical pain as his eyes scans the entire enormous rack.

Why is there so many kind for just one brand?!

"You okay there?"

Dejected and exhausted, Seungcheol turns his head, hoping for a shop assistant to feel his misery from ten miles radius and come to help him.

But no. This is even better. Way better. This is-- Holy , how can a person be so beautiful?

"I- I-"

Well, hello there, speech impediment.

"You've been standing there for quite a while," the person chuckles (wow that's the most beautiful sound Seungcheol has ever heard), "I honestly thought you fell asleep standing."

"I just-- I--"

Seungcheol waits for his pathetically opening and closing mouth to utter a word, and he knows the stranger does to, but a cat gets his tongue pretty severely, so he just points back at the rack in hope the stranger gets his point.

Maybe he can ask this stranger. His shoulder-length hair is impeccably silky and it looks very soft after all. (Seungcheol does not want to feel it. Yet, at least). Seungkwan might be very thankful if his hair turns out just as soft and silky.

"You need help choosing the shampoos? You don't know which is a good one?"

Seungcheol just nods dumbly.

"I assume it's not for you, then?" The stranger smiles and Seungcheol gulps, shaking his head like a lost child. "Well.. I use this one and it's pretty good. Should work for.. whoever it is you're getting. Unless they're a baby."

Once again, Seungcheol just shakes his head frantically, screaming no, not for a baby but only in his head, and apparently the sight only causes the stranger to laugh again. Seungcheol doesn't even want to check if it's a brand he'd seen before let alone it being Seungkwan's usual brand because right now, words just got jumbled inside his brain in messy scatters.

"Very well then. I'll be taking my leave now." The stranger curts a playful bow and Seungcheol just idiotically follows, bowing his head forward in a perfect 90 degrees bow, successfully making the stranger walk away with a hearty chuckle echoing around him. No 'I see you soon's, much for Seungcheol's dismay, but he understands somehow. His city is big, he probably won't see him again. (But he secretly wishes so).

"T-Thank you!" He finally shouts after a few moments of trance, but the stranger's too far from his line of sight that he doesn't even hear it and turn around. Seungcheol is dejected.

The sound of his phone ringing makes him jump in surprise, and it being S.E.S's I Love you, he immediately picks it up.

"Did you get my shampoo?" Was the first sentence he gets after accepting the call. He looks down at the shampoo from the stranger. Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion: For Bouncy Hair. 

... Well, Seungkwan's hair is bouncy. Not as bouncy as his , but it still is.

"I did. I'll be going home now."

"Okay. Don't sway and buy more chips, We have lots already."

"But you and your friends always eat them all, especially that Mingyu guy!"

"He's still growing. Spare him."

"He's literally more than one head taller than you, how much taller does he want be?!"

Seungkwan just sighs in exasperation and by the voice, Seungcheol feels he's probably pinching his nose bridge as well.

"Just get here quick, I need that eel to cook."

"Yes Ma'am."

He will have a lot to do when he gets home, including avoiding a nagging Seungkwan because he gets the wrong shampoo, but he's still going to tell him about the surprising and destiny-like (Seungcheol's exact words) meeting with a beautiful stranger that he probably wouldn't care about the nagging.

And then he sighs dreamily. Now being disturbed on a peaceful Sunday no longer sounds like a bad idea afterall.