In the Recording Studio

All Nighters

Byulyi wonders whether Yongsun realises.

 

The two of them are sitting in the recording studio, alone. Yongsun is curled up on a chair and leaning on the wall, staring at papers with a million written words and humming along to silent music only she can hear. Byulyi herself is sitting on the sofa, cross-legged, a pencil carelessly tucked behind an ear. Her own papers are draped all over the sofa, strewn about in a code only she’d be able to decipher. She glances up for the fifth time in the past 8 minutes (she's been counting) to look at Yongsun's face.

 

Byulyi can’t bring herself to look away as Yongsun’s lips part slightly, pink tongue darting cutely. She notices the small details, like the way the older girl’s foot taps lightly against the chair, the way she nods her head to an imaginary tune and how her eyes skim the parchment in her hands hungrily; analyzing the lyrics, criticising her work, calculating the harmony of the song. (Well, Byulyi isn't exactly sure what Yongsun's actually doing but she knows it's something cool and difficult).

 

The younger girl feels pride spread across her body at this. She gives up completely on finishing her rap for the moment, collects her papers and dumps them in her small bag, choosing instead to bask in the other girl’s presence.

 

Her heart almost stops when Yongsun’s voice suddenly fills the room, slow and hauntingly soft. Byulyi thinks that maybe her staring might be a little too obvious now; that her face is too red, that her ears have been blessed by Yongsun’s singing, that she’s one of the luckiest people alive to listen to this.

 

Byulyi doesn’t make a single sound, instead closing her eyes and immersing herself in the voice she wishes to listen to for the rest of their days.

 


A/N: this was unedited and done pretty quickly so im sorry if it doesn't make much sense (i did say these were all early morning/late night drabbles). Also, the font is different because i haven't worked this site out properly.