In the Spur of the Moment

All Nighters

Surprisingly, Yongsun is the first to confess.

All four of them are in Yongsun’s living room, resting after another jam-packed day of events and performances. Wheein and Hyejin are fooling around with her keyboard, belting out tunes and cracking jokes while she and Byulyi are wiped out on the couch, too spent to even move.

“How do you two do it?”

Wheein perks up and smiles, “hmm? Do what unnie?”

“Anything at all? Like, how can you guys still play around?” Byulyi groans, lifting her head and resting it on Yongsun’s lap.

Yongsun runs her hand through Byulyi’s blonde hair on instinct, rubbing small circles on her temple and smiles.

“It’s not us, it’s you,” Hyejin exchanges sly glances with Wheein and laughs. “You grannies get tired so easily.”

Byulyi makes a sound of protest, exhaustion preventing her from standing up and fighting with Hyejin. Yongsun rolls her eyes when they high-five each other.

“Yeah sure,” she says, hand now massaging Byulyi’s scalp. “You’re only a few years younger. Wait till you’re our age and you’ll see.”

“I’m not looking forward to it.” Wheein shivers and Yongsun feels Byulyi’s body shake, laughter soft and light.

The conversation dies down soon enough, leaving a comfortable silence accompanied by the occasional piano song cover by either Hyejin or Wheein.

Yongsun stares at Byulyi, with her eyes shut and mouth parted slightly and Yongsun wonders if she’s asleep, looking as peaceful as she does.

Blonde hair fans out on her lap, soft to the touch.

Yongsun’s eyes trail Byulyi’s flawless skin, a finger following suit, brushing past strands of hair and lightly caressing the younger girl’s cheekbones.

It’s something Yongsun never wants to forget.

She feels a sudden surge of energy, of simmering courage, buried deep in insecurity and second thoughts.

Yongsun takes a deep breath and opens .

“Byulyi, I love you.”

Chaos ensues.

Byulyi’s eyes snap open, and she jolts up, banging foreheads with Yongsun. Wheein fingers slam the keyboard, knocking it down along with her and they tumble to the ground with a confused shriek of terror. Hyejin just stands with open, brain rebooting in an attempt to process the words that they all heard leave from Yongsun’s mouth.

“Yong-Yongsun you what?” Byulyi stutters, wincing at the mild throbbing in her forehead. “What did you say?”

Yongsun’s face is explosively red, her blush reaching down her neck as she rubs away at the pain.

“I-I just-“ She starts, stumbling over her words.

“Yongsun,” Byulyi edges close, closing the distance between them in a flash, almost straddling her lap and the thought makes Yongsun’s throat go dry. “What did you just say?

“I,” she gulps, starting to regret every life decision that she’s ever made. “I love you.”

Wheein makes a sound similar to a drowning fish and Hyejin still doesn’t move an inch from her position.

Byulyi’s gaze pierces through her and Yongsun’s heart stops when she cups her cheeks with both hands and rests her forehead against hers, eyes still unwavering, still locked with her own.

“You are such a yeba I swear,” Byulyi’s voice shakes. Yongsun’s too scared to look away, holds her breath as she waits for Byulyi to continue speaking.

Hyejin quickly scrambles to pull Wheein to her feet and they run into Yongsun’s bedroom; Yongsun hears the door lock and then the realisation hits her that now Byulyi and her are alone together.

They’re alone and Byulyi’s thighs are too close, her face too near, everything too much for Yongsun to handle. But she sits and waits for the words she’s praying Byulyi says next:

“I love you too.”


A/N: i did not update this fic in the longest time and i didnt know what to write omg this is so short im crying

hope u guys enjoyed this short chapter and if you have any suggestions about what you want to happen next, don't be afraid to leave a comment!

also, follow me @eternal_moomoo on twitter if u wanna and we can spazz abt mamamoo together