On the Living Room Floor

All Nighters

She's being too obvious, she knows.

The staring has gotten more frequent and Yongsun doesn't know how to stop. Her eyes keep finding their way to Byulyi despite her best efforts, and although she knows it's only a matter of time before she's caught, she does it anyway.

(She doesn't have a choice; she can't stop now, not when Byulyi's wearing that baggy, long-sleeved black shirt that hides everything and nothing and goddamn it Yongsun, stop yourself before she notices, she scolds herself).

They're sitting on the floor in her living room, nursing mugs of warm chocolate and enjoying each other's company. Wheein and Hwasa are hanging out in Byulyi's apartment after kicking her out and making such a ruckus Yongsun is sure they'll be yelled at by the landlady. 

Which leads to the current situation.

The silence between them is natural and automatically makes Yongsun's heart calm, something she is grateful for, because she can't go by 5 minutes without glancing at Byulyi and hearing her own heartbeat speed up in seconds. Yongsun watches, transfixed, as Byulyi brings the mug to her lips and gulps down the sweet liquid. Yongsun's gaze follows as Byuyi swallows. She knows her face is red; Yongsun can feel her cheeks growing hot when Byulyi slowly trails her tongue over her lips, away the soft, white foam that settles on them.

---

The door bell rings several times and there are frantic knocks at the door before Yongsun rushes out the kitchen, ready to chastise whoever it is that's ruining her peace. She opens it only to be greeted by a shivering Byulyi dressed in a shirt and boxers and for a brief moment, Yongsun wonders if she's having another delusion. Before she can say anything, Byulyi speaks.

"Those two threw me out. I don't know why. I can't feel my fingers. Please let me in."

The freezing girl's sentences are clipped and short. Yongsun realises that Byulyi's teeth are chattering, once she manages to pry her eyes away from her legs, and she quickly ushers her in.

---

"You're staring again."

Byulyi's face is centimetres away from her own, eyes looking straight into hers, and Yongsun is forcefully pulled away from reminiscing. It takes her a few moments to comprehend the situation.

1. Byulyi's face is really close.

2. Byulyi caught her staring.

3. Byulyi knows that this isn't the first time.

4. Byulyi is really, really, really close.

Yongsun's brain reboots and she jerks her head back violently, quickly turns the other way so that the younger girl can't see how quickly her face is turning crimson, or how her eyes are wide open and shining,

or how she can't wipe away the stupidly wide grin off her face.

"Don't be so obvious next time, Yongsun." 

Yongsun can hear the teasing in Byulyi's voice.

"Shut up."

Her voice is shaky and Byulyi laughs when she hears it. Yongsun sets her mug down on the coffee table next to them as quickly as humanely possible and proceeds to punch Byulyi in the shoulder several times in rapid succession before running away.

Byulyi shrieks in pain and chases after her, which results in a game of catch that lasts for a good hour or so, ending only when they both call a truce and collapse on Yongsun's bed, spent and sore from hitting each other.

"That was fun." Yongsun says. Her head rests nicely on Byulyi's arm.

"Everything's fun when I do it with you."

"You know, I think I still have one good punch in me-"

"Okay, okay, I'll shut up!"

Byulyi quickly pulls away to defend herself and Yongsun rolls her eyes. She drags Byulyi back to her to cuddle and convinces herself that the only reason Byulyi's heart is beating that fast is because of all the running they did.

Yongsun falls asleep to Byulyi's warmth and the hand gently her hair and dreams of warm chocolate eyes and a pair of soft lips.


A/N: I dont know where Im going with this. this is unedited, i'll edit it for spelling and grammar mistakes soon... so if u see any let me know yeah?

also i made a reference to a certain fanfic. pretty obviously too.

I know it's late, but #HappyYongSunday!!