Out on the Streets

All Nighters

Their first date starts at 1AM on a Friday too cold for their liking.

Byulyi and Yongsun weave their way through the crowd, barefaced and smiling as they clutch each other’s hands with barely concealed excitement.

Byulyi breathlessly laughs as Yongsun moves quicker, starts to pull her along so fast that it’s almost hard for her to keep up. She stumbles and opens to protest but-

Yongsun turns and smiles, cheeks red from the cold.

It makes Byulyi’s heart drop pathetically in love. clamps shut instantly and she’s suddenly aware of how warm Yongsun’s hand is, wrapped around hers, gripping tighter and tighter. Byulyi is hit smack in the face with the realization that this kind of hand-holding, the kind that makes Byulyi feel like never letting go, is very, very different from before.

They finally escape the crowd and Yongsun’s face contorts into a grimace when the freezing air hits them full force. Byulyi laughs.

“Shut up,” Yongsun smacks her lightly on the shoulder without any real anger. “It’s cold, okay?”

Her eyes drift down to their hands, where their fingers are now intertwined.

“Oh,” Yongsun flusters, suddenly torn whether to keep holding on or to let go. “Um-“

“Yeah.” Byulyi simply says.

“Is-Is this just a friend thing- or, I mean, if it’s not- I’m totally fine with that because you know,” Yongsun shrugs and makes a shrill laugh. “I totally get it!”

“No,” Byulyi looks away and blushes. “Not a friend thing.”

“Oh okay, right, this isn’t a friend thing it’s an- I like you thing? Cause we’re dating now, right? Yes, we are. Right. We’re girlfriends. Gal pals. Together. I don’t-,” Yongsun continues babbling like crazy, her face growing redder and redder. “-I don’t know but it’s nice- uh yeah, nice, real nice, yup, real good. Great. I’m great.”

It’s a clumsy mess of words that doesn’t stop even as Byulyi starts walking off and dragging her along, a helpless grin on her face.

They walk around, window-shopping and ducking into alleyways when they recognize some fans walking their way.

Yongsun doesn’t speak the entire time, only stares at nothing and follows her blindly. Byulyi bets that Yongsun won’t even notice if she brings them to a strip club.

Byulyi bites her bottom lip, frustrated. Is she really that boring of a date?

“Yongsun,” She starts and Yongsun’s head snaps up to look at her. “Should we stop the date here?”

“What? Why?” Yongsun’s eyes widen in alarm, presses herself closer to Byulyi’s side for comfort.

“You look like you’re worried about something important. I don’t want to stress you out even more and force you to hang out with me if you’re busy.” Byulyi shrugs, trying to seem nonchalant.

“No, you’re not forcing me at all!” Yongsun protests. “I want to spend time with you.”

“But you look so uninterested. And you haven’t said a word since we started the date.” Byulyi looks away guiltily.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that,” Yongsun sighs, a hand going up to shield her face. “I still can’t believe this is really happening.”

“What, that we’re holding hands?” Byulyi holds up their hands in emphasis.

“That you’re my girlfriend.” Yongsun’s voice is shaky. “That you actually have feelings for me. That you agreed to date me and now we’re holding hands and I don’t have to feel bad anymore for feeling so happy that you’re touching me.”

Byulyi realizes that she was wrong to think that she couldn’t fall any deeper in love.

“…Sometimes I wonder whether you know how dangerous you really are.” Yongsun pulls away to retort but the words die in when she sees Byulyi’s bright red face.

“Oh my god, I just made the Great Grease Queen Moon Byulyi blush.”

“Shut it-“

“I did it!” Yongsun fist pumps into the air. “Now they owe me 50 dollars!”

“Wait, you made a bet? About me?” Byulyi asks incredulously.

“I couldn’t back down, okay? Wheein and Hyejin said I couldn’t make you flustered!” Yongsun defends herself. “But I showed them!”

“They won’t believe you if I tell them it never happened though.” Byulyi raises an eyebrow, any hint of red gone from her face.

Yongsun gasped. “You wouldn’t.”

“Just watch me.” Byulyi grins cheekily, scampering away as Yongsun scrambles after her.

“Moon Byulyi, get back here right now!

It’s the kind of first date Byulyi will never forget.


A/N: i hate that i update once a century and the chapters are so short ugh and i didn't know what to title this chapter as

this was not completely edited so forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes. if you wanna give any suggestions on what I should write next for the next chapter, just comment and let me know!