From Hyejin's Perspective

All Nighters

Ahn Hyejin wonders if she was a saint in a past life for being able to put up with this for so long.

‘This’ being Yongsun and Byulyi’s romantic sitcom that is on its 12th season and still going strong. It’s ridiculous and cringeworthy,  but that makes it all the more entertaining.

She watches as the two slip past the PG rating and straight into R-21 territory when they start having…

…eye .


“…eye ?” Wheein mouths, both parts equally horrified and curious about the term.

“Aye, .”

Wheein mouth moves into the shape of a disgusted rectangle and Hyejin laughs.

And by eye , she means eye . She means that the only reason they aren’t doing the horizontal tango with their eyeballs is because it isn’t even physically possible but Hyejin doesn’t doubt for a second that if it were, they would have already passed that threshold and Mamamoo would have two temporarily blind members.

“Wait, isn’t eye R-21? I thought they were still NC-17.”

“Please,” Hyejin scoffs. “They hit M18 about a week ago.”

Wheein sits up, ramrod straight. “What happened?”

“Abs showdown. Byulie went full grease. Yongsun fought back.”

“No details, as usual.” Wheein groans.

“Hey, I’m not ‘The Yongkong Byulkong Times’, if you wanted details, you should’ve just watched them yourself.” Hyejin stretches her legs and gets off the couch. They were a little numb from Wheein’s head resting on them but she likes it.

Wheein lets out a pitiful whine and falls back onto the warm part of the sofa where Hyejin was sitting.

“When do you think they’ll realise?”

“That everybody knows they’re into each other?” Hyejin asks.

“Yeah, I mean, they’re gonna find out sooner or later right?”

“They can’t even figure out their feelings for each other. I hardly think they’re gonna know about everybody else knowing about them.”

Wheein frowns. “Feelings are more complicated and you know that.”

Neither of them say anything as they settle into a comfortable silence.

Hyejin smiles. “But they’re worth it in the end.”

Wheein giggles.

It’s quiet again for a while.

 “So, what is eye ?”

“Wheein,” Hyejin’s gaze softens and she envelopes Wheein’s hands with her own. “When two people love each other a lot, they sometimes develop ‘special feelings’ to have ‘y time’ and when that happens-“

Wheein shrieks and pulls away.


Hyejin cradles her chin in the palm of her hand as she listlessly watches another episode of:

‘I Really Just Want To Make Out With You But We’re In Public And I Don’t Even Know If You ‘Like’ Like Me Even Though All The Signs Are There So I’m Just Going To Try And Undress You With My Eyes’.

Starring Kim Yongsun and Moon Byulyi.

Her eyes wander to Wheein as she squirms in her chair and tries to watch the exchange between the two lovebirds happening beside her. Her hairdresser looks like she’s going to blow a fuse.

“Guys, please keep it to PG-13, Wheein’s in the room,” Hyejin says with a drawl.

Both Byulyi and Yongsun jolt in sync like it’s rehearsed, but any Mamamoo staff member will know that that’s only because they’ve been caught so often. They look away, obviously trying to act natural and end up looking anything but. They look more like they’re looking for their pregnant floating cow and found Nemo instead.

“I’m 22!”

“Wait, 22?” Their CEO looks up from his phone, confused. “Didn’t she just turn 18?”

Wheein’s outraged squawk and scandalised face makes the entire room laugh.

“That was borderline M-18 right there though,” Hyejin mutters under her breath.

 “Ooh, there are ratings now? When did that happen?” eSNa appears beside her, not unfamiliar to Yongsun and Byulyi’s PDA.

“When it started moving past ‘child-friendly’.”

“I’m not so sure I want to know now.”

“Okay,” Hyejin shrugs and makes a show of getting up before eSNa pulls her back down.

“Tell me.”

“PG and PG-13 is basically the usual; fanservice and teasing, some micro-flirting here and there,” Hyejin explains. “NC-17 is when things get a little heated.”

eSNa looks skeptical. “How heated?”

“They get… touchy.”

“What comes after that?”

“M-18? Lip-biting and the ‘I wanna do you’ smoulder’, so far.”

“Woah.”

“After that-“

“What, there’s more?”

“- is R-21. The highest rating so far. Neck-sniffing,  Possessive touching, and my personal favourite, eye-.”

“…eye-?” eSNa whispers, eyes wide.

“Hyejin, don’t-“

“Aye, .”

Wheein makes a noise before lunging at her, Yongsun and eSNa have to pull them apart while Byulyi cheers from the side with the staff and in the chaos, Hyejin thinks that she can put up with it forever.


A/N: I dont even know what this is all i know is that im sorry for not updating for like 2 weeks?? im on an immersion programme overseas so i havent had the chance to write and post until now.

Also, the ratings are pretty confusing because I'm from Singapore and the ratings here are different I guess?? I dont know?? I didnt research because i was like 'post this now i dont care if youre even writing in english just DO I T'

sorry it's so short i'll try to write more for the next chapter!