At the Convenience Store

All Nighters

"Oh, this looks good."

"Not the only thing that looks good here."

Yongsun makes a face and Byulyi laughs.

She casually hooks her arm around Yongsun's waist and buries her face into her neck, mouth almost touching skin and Yongsun pulls away quickly, face flushing red. Byulyi's grins and waggles her eyebrows.

"No. Don't even say a word." Yongsun cuts her off before she can even begin and she rolls her eyes. "Let's just get this done and over with. We don't want those two to starve."

"After what they did to me last week, I say let them starve." Byulyi says. 

It's 1AM and the four of them have been practicing their choreography for their upcoming comeback. It's exhausting and honestly, the last thing Byulyi wants to do is go out but it was a majority vote.

---

“Come on Byul, we’re the older ones here and these two are absolutely hopeless when it comes to picking what we want.”

“We?”

“You can’t expect me to go alone!”

“That’s exactly what I expected!”

“Moon Byulyi.”

“Alright, alright, I’ll go!”

--

Yongsun bites her teeth to stop a smile from blossoming on her face. Byulyi's gaze softens at this and she leans back a little, eyes tracing Yongsun's profile as she picks out the snacks for Wheein and Hwasa.

She doesn’t say anything about Byulyi’s blatant admiration of her.

It's become sort of a routine between them. They stare more now, admiring each other and Byulyi takes advantage of this in the greasiest ways possible. She embarrasses Yongsun with shameless compliments and affectionate touches which almost always results in a violent reaction and a tomato-red leader. Which is not enough to discourage her from doing it again, much to Yongsun’s chagrin.

Yongsun, on the other hand, isn’t as shameless. She tries to make it as subtle as possible, although Byulyi always notices because Yongsun’s gaze is one that can pierce through steel. Her touches are rare (its usually Byulyi who initiates that kind of stuff) but when it does happen, it’s always soft and warm and Byulyi is the one who ends up speechless.

Byulyi mindlessly follows Yongsun as they walk around the store, her head swimming with thoughts about Yongsun even though the real person is right in front of her. She studies Yongsun for the thousandth time, and she feels her heart constrict.

It’s a feeling she’s gotten used to for a long time.

“I love you.” Byulyi blurts out. Yongsun whirls around to look at her with wide eyes and pursed lips. Byulyi comes to her senses and realises that they’re now at the register as the cashier’s mouth falls open in shock.

The most awkward silence ever stretches out among them. The background music playing in the store being the only sound she can hear right now, except for the pounding in her ears. She dimly recognises the song from all those times Hwasa has made her listen to jazz. Yongsun is still looking at her, unblinking, frozen.

“Th-that’ll be $26.30.” The cashier quickly says, eyes darting between Byulyi and Yongsun, almost anticipating what will happen next.

“This song.” Both Yongsun and the cashier flinch.

“Wh-what?” Yongsun says, voice weak. Byulyi motions to the speakers on the ceiling. The two girls in front of her look up.

“I love you baby, and if its quite alright, I need you baby-“ She mimics the song playing in the store. “What song is this? I’ve heard it before.”

“Oh. Um, oh so that’s what you- oh okay. Okay.” Yongsun stumbles over her words and bites her lip again. She almost looks disappointed. The cashier looks even more disappointed and Byulyi swallows back the laugh rising up .

“What did you think I meant?” She smiles at Yongsun teasingly, who proceeds to turn red again (Byulyi wonders how her face goes red so quickly) and slaps a bunch of crumpled notes on the counter before storming out, leaving Byulyi behind to collect the change.

The cashier quietly rings up their change and as she hands it over to Byulyi she says, “Um, you two are really cute together.” Byulyi looks at her with a raised eyebrow. “I don’t mean to sound like a creep or anything because I don’t even know you guys but good luck. Oh and the song is ‘Can’t take my eyes off you’.” She grins.

Byulyi grins back. “Thanks.”

She manages to catch up with Yongsun who waits for her a few blocks away, face still pink.

“Yongsun, I’m sorry, please don’t be mad,” Byulyi whines.

"Why do you always say that kind of stuff?" Yongsun asks, eyes locked onto the pavement.

"Why? Because I like your reactions."

Yongsun keeps quiet. Byulyi sees Yongsun’s arms tighten up around her self and sneakily hooks her arm with the upset girl.

"And because they're true." She whispers and Yongsun’s head snaps up in disbelief.

"I knew you were going to say something greasy!"


A/N:

I'm like two days late with this so I made it a little longer than it was supposed to be. Hope you enjoy it also let me know if there's something off abt this chapter because I'm literally making this up as I go along.