From Wheein's Perspective

All Nighters

Jung Wheein sees something else- something different- in Yongsun and Byulyi’s relationship. She doesn’t see ratings or eye- or anything like that (she admits though, it is fun to watch Yongsun and Byulyi jump 5 feet away from each other when Hyejin calls them out).

Wheein sees something so beautiful she doesn’t know whether she really has the words to describe it.

She sees a bond so strong she almost feels envious (then again, she has Hyejin and when Hyejin grips her hand tight backstage in the whirl of people and bright lights, Wheein doesn’t feel envious anymore).

She sees affection, overwhelming almost, in the gentle, grazing touches they always share, in between whispered words when all four of them are in the car and they think she’s asleep, in their horrible acting when they have breakup drama scenes, in the way Wheein wishes she can understand because it’s too much- too complex- for her young, naïve mind to fully comprehend.

Wheein does listen though, and it’s in the everyday conversations she’s sure hide a thousand different meanings that she manages to understand.

‘Wait, Byulyi- help me with this part. I can’t get it right.” Yongsun says, frustrated with the choreography as Byulyi puts down her bag.

I want to spend more time with you.

“Ye-ba, I can’t sleep, sing me a lullaby please,” Byulyi whines and Yongsun rolls her eyes but sings anyways.

I want to hear your voice.

“That’s it- you’re my heat pack for today!” Yongsun announces on a cold winter morning and pulls Byulyi closer to her for warmth.

I want to touch you.

“You’re so pretty that sometimes I wonder whether I’m dreaming or not.” Byulyi says during lunch and Yongsun blushes prettily and Hyejin chokes on the water she’s drinking.

I want you to know how much I adore you.

“Byulyi, get some rest, its already so late.” Yongsun gently pulls Byulyi to her feet, guiding her away from the coffee table, where papers with countless words lay scattered.

I care about you.

“I don’t know where I’d be without you, Yongsun.” Byulyi mumbles sleepily, stumbling over her own two feet as she allows herself to be dragged away to the comfort of her bed.

You mean so much to me.

It’s genuine and endless and Wheein feels like she’ll drown in it if she isn’t careful.

Wheein sees the little things that escape under the watchful gaze of Hyejin.

She sees the way Yongsun’s smile grows a little wider, how her eyes go a little brighter and how her body moves closer, almost touching but not quite, her hand brushing lightly with Byulyi’s but not enough and Wheein looks at Byulyi and she sees the way her nose muscles crinkles in adoration, how her laughs are soft with fondness, how everything about the two of them tells Wheein that they are in love.

It’s when she and Yongsun are alone together and she says, I know you like Byulyi, and Yongsun doesn’t flail and splutter or violently bellows denials left and right. Instead, she ducks her head, almost curling into her sweatshirt (which Wheein realises later is Byulyi’s) with a pretty blush on her cheeks and doesn’t say anything except for a quiet, “Is it that obvious…?”

Or when she confronts Byulyi with questions meant to fluster and all she can do is giggle like a schoolgirl when Byulyi steps closer to her, looks straight into Wheein’s eyes, and answers with no hesitation in her voice, yeah.

So Wheein keeps watching, observing, taking note of the small details, the little ‘I love yous’, in every joke, in every breath-catching moment, in every breathless laugh and teasing grin.

She can wait.


A/N: will i regret putting this out so early without actually looking at it more? PROBABLY

ok this was pretty short and honestly my stamina for writing is horrible and i was so lost for this chapter?? but i tried my best and i wanted to make it a little more emotional i guess so thats what i managed to squeeze out for now

might re-write this to be longer in the far, far future. enjoy ad let me know if there's something you think i should change. also, let me know what you want to see next chapter!