Chap 2

Who You?

2016. SBS BUILDING.

KPOP STAR SEASON 5 AUDITIONS.

The 3 judges are getting ready to start the auditions for the new season. Park Jinyoung, Yang Hyunsuk and Yu Heeyeol are sitting at the judges seat and making a few final preparation before starting the auditions. About 5 minutes later, the auditions officially begins.

"Oh crap, I’m getting late." The girl is running with all her might to make it on time to her destination. After running like forever, she stops in front of the main door of KPOP STAR audition hall. She slowly open the big brown door and enters the halls.

"Fuh, glad that I make it or I’ll be a dead meat if I return to Jacksonville empty handed just because I overslept. Mom will kill me for sure." She said it as soon as she take an empty seat beside a girl that she assume also one of the thousands contestants. Maybe because she said it out loud before, the girls turns her head towards her and smiles. 

"You are not gonna be late. Don't worry. Not from here?" The girls try to have a casual conversation with her. Maybe becase she feels nervous and need someone to talks to.

"Yup. I came from Florida. My name is Nessa. Nice meeting you and just for your information, you are the first Korean girls that spoke to me from the day a land my foot here. Kekeke." Nessa smile widely at her. Well, she seems nice and not to mention, she is pretty much ullzzang.

"I'm Nara. Florida? Isn't here is a bit far from home? Why did you choose to come here and audition for KPOPSTAR? Why don't you try audition at US? I means, they had a bunch of famous talent show too. Opsie, sorry if i'm asking too much." Nara bit her lower lips noticing she becoming too nosy.

"Nothing to be sorry for, don't worry. Let's just say that I need to be on a KPOPSTAR. Really need to be. Will it do as an answer?" She smile awkwardly because she knows she's not answering Nara question. Let's just save it for later.

"It's okay I totally got it. Let's just say hwaiting for each other to make it into KPOPSTAR." After Nara excuse herself to the ladies, she sits there watching all other contestant practicing for the auditions. Some seems nervous, and some seems confident. It’s seems like she is the only one sitting there seems blank and expressionless.

She has been waiting there for 2 hours already. Never thought that auditions can be so long. Nara has already done and she made it into the next stage. She is happy for her and hope that she also will make it and do her task well. Just then, the auditions rooms door open widely and there’s a lady standing with a paper in her hands.

Staff: Number 0627. 0627.

"Oh, it’s my number. Take a deep breath and let it out. You can do it. Fuh." Nessa raise her hands and follow the staff footsteps inside the closed rooms.

Finally, she's standing there and ready to be judge by the 3 respectful judges. She inhale her breath deeply again and start by introducing herself.

"Hello errr...everyone, My name is Vanessa. Born 1992. I came from Jacksonville, Florida and i'm gonna sing Singing got better by Ailee.

The judges pays a close look at her and nod their heads. But something really caught Park Jinyoung eyes. Vanessa starts singing her heart out with a full of emotions. She’s actually a very shy person. But from what all her friends has been said, she becomes a different person when she’s singing. The shy Vanessa is nowhere to be found. Only an angelic and powerful voice will be heard. Her voice is so strong but angelic at the same time. She sounded like Sunye and Demi Lovato mixed up version. She always enjoys singing but has never thought to be a singer or an Idol. But, something came up and she decides to go to Korea and participates in this auditions. Soon, she finishes her song and earns a big claps from the judges. They all look at her with awes in their face.

JYP: wow, Vanessa, I can say that your voice is a gift from heaven. (He speaks in English because Vanessa introduces herself in English before.)

YG: Jinyoung-ah, told her that I say her voice is a gift from heaven. (YG ask Jinyoung to say his praise for her since he is pretty weak with english.)

JYP: I’m sorry hyung, I just said that to her. hahaha

YG: yah, I better learn English after this. hahaha. Then tell her I said her voice is special and I like it very much.

JYP: Vanessa, he says your voice is special and he likes it so much. (JYP delivers the messages in English)

Nessa: Thank you (she bows 90 degree.) Actually I’m fluent in both English and Korean. (She replies in Korean and bow her head slightly)

YHY: Oh really? It’s easier for us then. Vanessa, are you a half-half born? I means half korean half...

Nessa: Oh, no,no Sir. I’m fully Koreans. But I was born and raised in Florida. In fact, I’ve never been to Korea before. This is my first time here.

YG: No wonder you looks so Korean. Then, may I know your full name?

Nessa: Sure sir. My full name is Vanessa Han Soyi.

JYP: Vanessa, have you ever heard someone told you that you might resembles an Korean idols before?

Nessa: Err....no?

YG: Who? Who do you think she looks like?

YHY: Yes, who Jinyoung-ah?

JYP: No I mean..I mean her long legs remind me of someone. Now that I look at your face like this, you looks so like her. Like 98% just like her. Except your voice of course. But, I might sound crazy but i feel like looking her when i look at you.

Nessa: Err...may I know who is the 'Her' sir?

JYP: Oh sorry, her name is Ahn Sohee and she is a former Wonder Girls members. Do you know her? Or maybe you're related with her?

 

A/N: Edited.