Chap 3

Who You?

Upon hearing Park Jinyoung words, YG claps his hands once remarks that he finally realize something. Maybe it's bugging him too and he can't remembers clearly who did she resembles but now he knows exactly.

YG: Oh, you’re right jinyoung-ah. No wonder I feel like I’ve seen her before. Yes..yes, you really look like her.

YHY: I agree too she does look like her a lot.

Nessa: Ahn Sohee? Wonder Girls? I'm sorry but actually i'm not really into KPOP before so I think I've never heard her name before. But, like all of you says, do I really look like her?

JYP: No doubts. You're just like her. Even she has a mole located at the same spot as your mole. It's under your left eyes right?

Nessa: Oh really? I’ve always have this mole here.

JYP: I know. Hahaha.

YHY: Okay, enough with the resemblances topic can we? Let’s give an answer to her audition.

JYP&YG&YHY: You’ve passed your auditions. Congratulations. Good luck Vanessa.

Nessa: Oh, thank you, thank you so much. (Vanessa beaming with happiness. The judges also smiles along with her.)

After giving a 90 degree bow and left the rooms. She sits on the chair and smile to ear. I made it! Yes! She takes out her cellphone and start dialling someone.

Nessa: Omma, I made it! I made it!

Other person talking on the line.

Nessa: Yes omma. I got it. Yes, Yes. Thank you omma. Yes, I’ll work hard. I’ll do my best. I love you. Send my hug and kisses to appa. Bye omma.

Vanessa and Nara has passed all the prelude stage before officially become a top 15 contestants of KPOPSTAR new season. She has been residing at a dorm prepared by SBS for all of contestant. Luckily, she got Nara as her roommates. They clicked so well together. The first preview of new KPOPSTAR has been released. Because of her so much resemblences to ex-nation little sister, Mandu Sohee, she's got all the attentions from netizens. Soon, her name was the most searched article at Naver and other websites. This has cause slight rivalry and tensed up situation between Vanessa and other contestants. Nara on the other hands, not affected by it because she knows how entertainment industry works. SBS tried to media played Vanessa to catch people interest. Of course they succeds but not to her. She keeps telling Nessa to ignore all the hates. Haters gonna hate.

After the whole orientation activity with other contestant and fasilitatior, Nessa and Nara finally reach their rooms and headed straight to the bed.

Nara: What a day! I don't know it's hard to be a star.

Nessa: There's nothing easy in this world Nara-ya.

Nara: I thought at least becoming a singer will be less difficult.

Nessa: Daeng! Becoming a singer or idol is the most difficult job to do in this worlds.

Nara: Oh really? Why?

Nessa: Being an idol, it's means you'll be read like an open book. Everybody seems to know about you. You'll need to give up your normal life to become an idol. You need to dedicate your life to your fans. Makes one simple mistakes and it'll lead to your distruction. You can't freely be in relationship. In other words, you can't truly enjoy your life or be happy.

Nara: You sounds like you've live this life as an idol before. How did you know so much about it?

Nessa: Eo? I..I read. I read fans blog. You know everything can be searched on google nowadays. So, assuming that I might become a singer or idol after this competition, so I do some research about it. Haha.

Nara: Are you sure you're not Sohee sunbaenim? Kekeke.

Nessa: What? Wha..what are you talking about? It's nonsense.

Nara: I know it doesn't makes sense. But, if I don't know you and we bump into each other on the street, i might ask you for an autograph, or a selfie together. Kekeke.

Nessa: Not funnyyy. Nara-ya, have you pick a song for your first stage? Mind helping me to choose one? I don't know what to sing.

Nara: I've choose my song. I'm gonna sing Taylor swift, Shake it off. Specially for you. Since you already gain a nemesis here. Kekeke.

Nessa: Yaaah, stop joking around. I barely talk to anybody here other than you. How can i already make an enemy? We're not at war.

Nara: Aigoo this poor girls. In this worlds, people make enemy even if they're just standing statue. What more a top contestants like you. I bet all 13 other contestants already put you as their rivals.

Nessa: 13? So you're not going to claim me as your rivals too? Omoooo. You're so likeable Nara-yaa. (She goes to Nara bed and hugs her playfully.)

Nara: Trust me, if they know the real Vanessa who is clueless, blur and sometimes can be so cute, they will be like me too. Futhermore, I'm the type of person who always practice a healthy competition in my whole life.

Nessa: I must be blessed because I met someone like you. Thanks god!

Nara: Shut up. Now let's focus on your song. Do you have any reason for joining this competition?

Nessa: Err... Does it important?

Nara: You want to know why I choose Shake it off?

Nessa: If you wouldn't mind sharing, i would love to hear it.

Nara: I'm actually is the top ullzzang girl at my campus. This is not my claim. This is what the polls claim.

Nessa: Looking at your face, personality and talent wise, I'm not surprised. So, what happened?

Nara: The rules of society nowadays, the more charm we have, the more hate we'll get for it. That's what happened to me precisely.

Nessa: I think I'm getting your story and the reason you choose this song.

Nara: So, I'll dedicate my first stage to all of my haters. Who knows i might not be able to make it to the next stage, so i'll atleast slap them in the face through my song. Haha!

Nessa: Smart! Shove it on their faces. Haha.

Nara: So, what it yours?

Nessa: I...I want my first stage to trigger a memories. Not someone in particular. Just...anyone who fits the shoes and make them feels a great regrets for not treating their loves one better when they're around. I want to touch that kind of heart.

Nara: Wow. That's deep. If you want to make a great impact, you need to sing a very lyrical song and on top of that, you need to be great when delivering the emotion through your performance. If you make a mistake, your performance can be considered doomed. Why don't you choose something light for the first stage?

Nessa: What if i didn't make it for the next round?

Nara: Well, that's right. 

Nessa: Any song come across your mind? 

Nara just keeping a silent and looks like in the middle of deep thoughts. Nessa just stares at her and lost in her own thoughts. Soon, Nara beams and grabs both of her shoulder making Nessa looking a bit confused.

JYPE Building. Dance Practice Room.

JYP: Remember guys, your first stage might be your starting point whether you'll be a star or you'll be supporting the stars. Make sure you pick the right song and makes a great performance. I'll give my best to help you all in terms of conveying emotions, capturing audience attention and vocal delivering. But it's all depends on your self motivation. Get it?

All 15 contestants pay attention while Park Jinyoung giving his words. Nessa and Nara sitting next to each other as always. Soon, JYP starts the lesson with Vanessa. He take a look at her and gives a warm smile.

JYP: Have you choose a song?

Nessa: Yes sir.

JYP: What is it?

Nessa: Miracles in December from EXO.

JYP: EXO? Male song? Are you sure about this?

Nessa: Yes sir. I'm very sure.

JYP: This song is a very good song and the lyrics is very deep. But, by choosing this song, I mean...you're choosing a song from a top group with the most fans, you're either being loved for it or being hated by it. Since this is your very first stage, are you sure about this song?

Nessa: I'm very sure about this song sir. I'll do wonder with this song. Please let me do this. I'll make sure people gonna love it.

JYP: You seems so motivated. I can't say no to that. But remember, no matter what the results might be, you're just amazing in your own way. I give you respect for that. Now, let me hear your voice first.

Vanessa starts to sing the first bridge of the song. JYP accompanied her by playing the piano. Vanessa try to stay focus but she keeps noticing Hyerin smirks towards her. It's makes her feels distracted and messes up few times. JYP stops playing the piano suddenly and left Vanessa feeling totally bad and nervous.

JYP: Vanessa, if you're going to sing like that, I won't let you sing this song. If this is the wonder you're talking about, I'm pretty dissappointed.

Ness: I’m sorry sir. Please let me have one more chances.

JYP: You really sounds and act like her. I thought it's just your face is similar. Now when i think back, both of your personality also gives of similar feelings.

Nessa: Wh...who are you talking about sir?

JYP: Sohee. I told you before right.

Ness: Oh, Y..ye..yes. I forgot.

JYP: I'm sorry for keep mentioning about your similarity. Maybe I just missing her. It's been a long time. Okay, let's try again.

Nessa had a slight change of reaction on her face. There's no more nervous or unconfident look on her face. Nara notices her face and smiles. Once again, her voice fills the entire practice rooms.

A/N: Major edited.