Intoxication (sahyo)

Jihyo One-Shots

pairing: Jihyo x Sana

summary: There is laughter at the doorway and a very sober leader on the couch with a drunk.

 

 

 

“What have you done to her?” Jihyo shouts as she watches Sana stumble into their living room, foolish grin on her face.

 

Jeongyeon ruffles her hair and looks at everything else except the leader. Behind her, Nayeon is pretending to be interested in the state of her fingernails.

 

It would be a lie to say that Jihyo hasn’t experienced this same show more than once in her life.

 

Sana flops down to the couch and throws her arms around the younger girl, making a humming noise as she rests her head on Jihyo’s shoulder. She is still wearing her jacket, which smells of smoke and perfume, but mostly smoke.

 

Jihyo sniffs.

 

“How did she get this drunk?”

 

Jeongyeon finds a fascinating spot from the wall, just above the tv screen. She admires the inspiring shade of white with great detail.

 

“Explain!” Jihyo shouts when no one is saying anything, gently pushing Sana who is trying to bury her face into Jihyo’s hair.

 

“Well…” Jeongyeon begins, shrugging lightly as if to diminish the awkwardness of the situation. “They were serving punch and apparently it was stronger than… you know… and Sana didn’t know… so…” she says and finishes her informative speech with a vague movement of her hands –a picture of nonchalance.

 

“It was so good,” Sana breathes against Jihyo’s ear, making every hair rise in the nape of Jihyo’s neck. She tries to shake her shoulders to stop Sana from holding her so steadfast, but Sana is stuck to her like glue.

 

“What the hell were you doing? Why didn’t you stop her?” Jihyo asks, annoyed. Let the kids go alone and this is what you get…

 

What if the fansite owners took pictures of Sana stumbling into the company car, looking like a complete disaster? Let alone the press…

 

Jihyo lifts her hand to her temple, pressing down on it to fight an in-coming headache.

 

“Me and Nayeon, we just…” Jeongyeon tries, not finding the right words. “We… um…”

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon, this is the last time I’ll trust you to take care of the members!” Jihyo almost says ‘my members’, but holds her tongue on the last moment. Sometimes she finds the older girl so incredibly infuriating that she wishes she could smack her head with a hard pillow.

 

She swears the feeling must be mutual.

 

“Hey! Sana is a grown-up and I’m not a babysitter!“ Jeongyeon says, getting sharper with her words.

 

“What about me? I’m the oldest and-“ Nayeon tries, hating the fact that she is being left out of the conversation, even if it is to get scolded.

 

“Never mind about you,” Jihyo says and waves her hand dismissively.

 

Nayeon’s eyebrows reach new heights, hanging open.

 

Jeongyeon steps so that she is directly in line with Jihyo’s anger and effectively blocks Nayeon out of the fight.

 

“How was I supposed to know the punch would be so strong?” Jeongyeon says, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

“Well, why did you let her drink alcohol in the first place?” Jihyo quips with an air of someone who is used to winning verbal arguments.

 

Behind Jeongyeon, Nayeon is glancing back and forth, trying to find an audience to the outrageous way she is being ignored. How dare they act like she is not even here? She is the eldest! She was there, she should have been the one saving Sana from public humiliation!

 

But no, Jihyo acts as if she is not even responsible enough to be blamed!

 

“-and what will the fans say?” Jihyo ends a row of difficult questions and stares at Jeongyeon.

 

“Like I said, she is a grown-up!”

 

Nayeon changes tactics.

 

“It’s my fault,” she says apologetically, trying to peek over Jeongyeon’s shoulder and show a grave face.

 

“But she is a foreigner! How was she supposed to know if the-“ Jihyo ignores Nayeon.

 

“So now I’m expected to be a translator as well?” Jeongyeon also ignores Nayeon.

 

Nayeon’s face changes from staged seriousness to red frustration. She looks like an annoyed 4-year-old who is about to get her toy back from a rude kid who lives next door.

 

But before she manages to vocalize her frustrations, Sana speaks dreamily:

 

“Jihyo, has anyone ever told you that you have very pretty lips?” She lifts her hand and trails her fingertips over the other girl’s lips as if she is doing a scientific experimentation –all serious and concentrated.

 

Jihyo freezes, looking sea-sick and going silent in an instant. Her eyes stare at the Japanese girl in horror.

 

After a moment of stunned silence, Jeongyeon and Nayeon forget the whole fight and burst into laughter.

 

“Jihyo, has anyone ever told you that you smell like roses?” Jeongyeon says, mimicking Sana’s soft voice.

 

Nayeon is cackling, forgetting her anger as fast as she always gets it in the first place.

 

Jihyo shoves Sana’s hand from her face, holding it back forcibly while the Japanese girl is pressing even closer. She is a lovesick puppy on the loose.

 

“This isn’t funny! The whole thing is your fault,” Jihyo shouts, picking up where she left off, but Nayeon is pulling Jeongyeon by the hand, clearly seeing this as their moment to escape.

 

Sana is sighing, trying to wriggle out of Jihyo’s grip which is holding her back.

 

“Don’t you dare leave!“

 

As Jihyo tries to stop her unnies from leaving the room, Sana presses her lips against Jihyo’s cheek.

 

“Sana, get off me!”

 

There is laughter at the doorway and then the two older girls are gone, leaving Jihyo to struggle with Sana all on her own.

 

 

-

 

 

Jihyo manages to get Sana up and on to her feet. Slowly they make their way to their bedroom, but Jihyo has a feeling that Sana is making it harder on purpose, constantly pressing closer as if her legs are about to give in. Surely she isn’t that drunk?

 

“We need to change your clothes,” Jihyo explains as she leaves Sana to stand in the middle of the room, on her own. The Japanese girl sways back and forth, arms wrapped around herself.

 

“What’s wrong with these?” she says with a massive grin and sways dangerously forward, but somehow manages to stay standing. Jihyo speeds up her search for a nightgown.

 

“Don’t I look cute and y?” Sana continues, tilting her head to one side, pursing her lips cutely.

 

Jihyo takes one look at her, eyes wide.

 

“That’s not the point,” she says, glad that Sana is too drunk to remember tomorrow just how much her voice is shaking now. “You smell of smoke and those are not suitable for sleeping.”

 

Sana frowns and lifts the hem of her shirt to her nose, bearing her stomach and bra in the process.

 

Jihyo feels an urge to hide in the closet for the rest of the night. Or for the rest of her life.

 

Sana sniffs her shirt and makes a disgusted face.

 

“You’re so right,” she says and drops the shirt back to where it was, making Jihyo relax a little. Sana starts to reach out for the strap of her left heel with an intention of helping with the undressing. She is still wearing her shoes for some reason.

 

But as Sana tries to bend over she loses her balance.

 

Jihyo is beside her in a flash, stopping Sana from falling.

 

At least for a split second.

 

For that one brilliant moment Jihyo congratulates herself for saving the day once again, but then gravity is pulling Sana down with such force that they both lose their balance. Legs tangle and feet take disorganized steps back until they’re falling down.

 

Luckily, in a small room with four beds, your changes are high on landing on one of them, which they do.

 

Jihyo curses, thinking about all the ways she could kill Jeongyeon.

 

However, Jeongyeon is not present, but Sana is. The Japanese girl is on top of her, her whole weight effectively pinning Jihyo down.

 

“Mm, you do smell of roses,” Sana mumbles, lips against the skin of Jihyo’s collarbone. She doesn’t seem to be concerned about their situation in the slightest.

 

“Sana, we need to get up,” Jihyo says, trying to sound stern and practical.

 

“Just a moment,” the older girl purrs and presses her lips down, a tongue peeking out playfully.

 

“Sana!“ Jihyo squeals, her vision going blurry for a moment. Weakly, she tries to push the other girl off of her. Instead of slowing down, Sana begins to move up, trailing sloppy kisses over Jihyo’s throat and the peak of her jaw.

 

“Minatozaki Sana, if you don’t stop now I’m going to-“

 

Sana presses her lips firmly on Jihyo’s very own, silencing the leader.

 

Jihyo whimpers in defeat and kisses back, secretly from the moment Sana had started her insistent onslaught when they were still sitting on the couch.

 

The eager response ignites something in Sana who starts to kiss so feverishly that soon the leader might as well be drunk herself.

 

Jihyo can clearly taste the alcohol on Sana’s lips. She is beginning to understand why the older girl got drunk in the first place. The taste is lovely and –

 

No.

 

No.

 

Absolutely, not.

 

Jihyo gets herself together and uses all her strength to push the other girl off.

 

Sana ends up on the far side of the bed, dumbstruck. After blinking several times, her face drops.

 

“That’s unfair,” she says and pouts.

 

Jihyo is already up, carrying on with her search for clothes.

 

“If you want to kiss me, you’re going to have to do it when you can still remember it the next day,” she says quietly, going over Sana’s clothes in the closet. She is feeling shaky from the earlier kiss. She hasn’t been this ambushed by anyone ever and it’s unnerving.

 

She is desperately trying not to feel.

 

“You might think differently when you’re sober,” she adds, finally finding the thing she is looking for.

 

Jihyo turns around and goes over to Sana.

 

“Here, let’s try this.”

 

Sana answers by snoring softly.

 

 

-

 

 

The next morning Sana wakes up to a mother of all headaches.

 

Surely, she must dying.

 

“I think you’re very much alive,” says a dry voice from close by. Apparently she had spoken aloud.

 

Sana tries to move her head to the direction of the voice, but it makes a lightning strike across her temples.

 

If she isn’t dying, how bad must dying feel like?

 

“I don’t want to be alive,” Sana whines and tries to open her eyes, but it is a mistake. Everything is topsy-turvy and her stomach clenches in a way that makes her want to cry.

 

What has she done to deserve this hell?

 

Her bed dips as someone sits next to her. A cool hand comes to rest on her forehead and Sana wraps her hands around the wrist desperately like a small animal.

 

The hand feels heavenly.

 

“It won’t last forever,” Jihyo says, her free hand fixing the blanket over Sana’s body.

 

“Easy for you to say.”

 

She is sure that Jihyo is smiling at her grumpy comment so she tries to open her eyes to see it. However, something inside of her starts moving like a tidal wave, pushing past everything with an incredible force.

 

Sana throws up, but not before Jihyo has managed to move her closer to the bucket that is on the floor and pull her hair back.

 

 

-

 

 

It takes the whole Saturday for Sana to recover. She goes from a near-death experience to a brink of sudden starvation, but with the help of Jihyo, water, junk food and a lot of toothpaste she manages to pull through.

 

By Sunday morning she feels like a human being again. Well, a slightly embarrassed human being.

 

She wakes up to a smell of coffee and gets up, leaving Nayeon and Mina to their sweet dreams.

 

In the kitchen she meets Jihyo who is sipping her coffee and reading a book, looking like a mother who has managed to get a single peaceful moment to herself.

 

The guilt and the embarrassment strike her with full force.

 

“Morning,” she says and takes the seat next to Jihyo’s.

 

“You’ve come back from the dead,” the leader says and smiles.

 

Sana sighs.

 

“I hope I wasn’t too awful while I was drunk. I can’t remember much…” she says and gets war-flashbacks from the party when she still wasn’t too drunk to forget.

 

Something about a man and a story about baby squirrels, but better not think about it…

 

 “Well, apart from kissing me, I don’t think it was that bad,” Jihyo says, grinning over the rim of her mug.

 

“I kissed you?” Sana yelps, hear head snapping up, eyes wide from horror.

 

“It’s okay,” Jihyo says gently, eyes unreadable.

 

“No. It’s not,” Sana says, clearly outraged with herself. How could she be so utterly stupid?

 

Stupid, stupid ing idiot.

 

“No, seriously. It’s fine,” Jihyo says and pretends to start reading.

 

“How could it be fine?” she asks, slamming her hand to her forehead.

 

The idiot of the year! The Queen of Ups! Her Majesty Minatozaki Failure Sana!

 

Jihyo raises her gaze, looking at Sana sadly, for once not amused by her dramatic antics.

 

“I was supposed to kiss you sober,” Sana whispers, as if she can’t believe anyone so stupid could possibly exist.

 

“You mean…” Jihyo manages, her face having gone completely blank.

 

“Now I can’t remember how it felt like when I kissed the great Park Jihyo. I’m so stupid,” Sana whines and slams her head to the table. It hurts a little, but not as much as her own stupidity.

 

Why. Are. You. So. Dumb. ???

 

Suddenly she feels a tentative hand on her hair.

 

“It’s okay. You just have to try again,” Jihyo says like a teacher of small children.

 

Sana raises her head slowly. There’s a silence as they stare at each other, Sana blankly and Jihyo with a hint of warm reassurance.

 

Sana surges forward so fast that she almost knocks back the chair she has been sitting in. She kisses Jihyo as if to forget all the stupid things she has ever done.

 

When Jihyo kisses back with the same ferocity, Sana wonders whether she should be afraid. The kiss is going to her head faster than any drink.

 

But she is going to have to keep going if she truly wants to forget her own idiocy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I swear that was a lot funnier in my head...