My Heart Belongs To You

Home

Ahhhh!!! Thank you so much for all the subscriptions and upvotes and wonderful comments!! ^^ 

Without further ado, here is chapter 8~~ >u<

-


-

It’s 3.45am when Jungkook wakes up to a sobbing Jimin who is clinging to his shirt. It feels like a déjà vu, Jungkook thinks as he holds the crying hybrid in his arms, hand running slowly up and down Jimin’s back as he tries to calm him down with soft, whispered words of reassurance. 


 

Except this time, fortunately, Jimin isn’t throwing up and bleeding from his nose. 

After a while, Jimin stops crying, little sniffles filling the quiet and dark room as Jungkook caress Jimin’s wet cheek, staring sleepily into the elder’s glittering eyes. “Sorry,” Jimin whispers, “I-I had a nightmare..” 

Jungkook closes his eyes as he leans his forehead against Jimin’s. 

“It’s okay.. Do you want to talk about it?” He ask and doesn’t get an answer for a while, thinking that the hybrid probably fell back to sleep again. A sniffle and a tug on his shirt tells him otherwise though. “I-I..” Jimin stutters and Jungkook’s eyes popped open, somehow feeling that this had something to do with Jimin’s previous owner. He waited with bathed breath as the elder struggled with his words, before letting out a deep and shaky sigh. 

“..Nevermind..” He mumbled out at last and Jungkook exhaled loudly, a small frown forming on his lips. He continued to run his hand up and down the hybrid’s back. 

It took a while for the both of them to fall back asleep, but they eventually did, succumbing to a dreamless slumber.


 

“Please! I beg you, I want to go too!” Jimin whined as he clung to Jungkook’s shirt, tugging on it when Jungkook tried to put on his jacket. Jungkook’s lips trembled as he tried not to break into a big grin. It had been three weeks since Jimin’s first day living with Jungkook, and after two weeks, Jungkook had started online classes instead of going to uni.

It was going to be his first day working at the clinic that day, and Jungkook had to admit that he was very nervous. He was going to be Taehyung’s assistant, doing paperworks and accepting calls for appointments. 

But the real reason for why he was nervous, was because he was finally going to sign the custody papers for Jimin. 

Jungkook glanced down at Jimin’s face and his stoic facade cracked, letting out a chuckle as he looked at Jimin’s overexaggerated pout. Rolling his eyes, Jungkook petted Jimin’s head and said, “Okay, okay, I get it. Hurry and go get dressed so we can leave!” Jimin let out a cheer and quickly ran to the bathroom, emerging a few moments later with jeans and a big, red sweater on, tail wagging a little. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, smiling fondly as he watched Jimin fumble with his shoes. “Isn’t that my sweater?” He asked as he bent down to help the hybrid. Jimin gave him a sheepish smile. 

“It is, it smells like you..” He murmured, before giving Jungkook a peck on his cheek. Jungkook got flustered and told Jimin to Quickly- P-put on your jacket so- So we can go already!

As they made their way through the crowd of people, Jungkook grabbed Jimin’s hand and held tight, afraid that they’ll separated from each others. Jimin smiles, knowing that he could easily track down the younger by his scent if they ended up separated, but squeezed back anyways. 

“Y’know? Youngbae-hyungie’s house was very big,” Jimin spoke up out of nowhere, causing Jungkook to abruptly stop and stare at Jimin. They were standing in the middle of the way and people bumped into them, throwing them glares as they complained loudly but Jungkook didn’t care. Jimin was finally speaking up about his past and who knew how long until he’d start talking again. 

Jimin peeked up at him through his lashes, nibbling nervously on his bottom lip and Jungkook wanted to just scoop him up into his arms and hold him there forever. 

“It was a mansion, really.” Jimin murmured. Jungkook felt a frown tug on his lips. Compared to this Youngbae-hyungie, Jungkook’s small apartment was a rat hole. Jimin smiled up at him, cupping his face as the elder gave him a tender kiss on his lips. “I had everything there, but I was so lonely, honestly. It was suffocating. I felt so small.” He said quietly, eyes suddenly glistening underneath the afternoon sun. Jimin blinked his eyes a couple of times, before grinning back up at Jungkook again.

“If I had to choose, then I’d choose your small and cozy apartment anytime. Because you’re there. It’s home. You’re my home.” He giggles happily.

Jungkook was speechless. He felt so overwhelmed by happiness. All he could do was hug Jimin tight to his chest.

The walk to the clinic usually didn’t take long, 30 minutes tops. It took them almost two hours.


 

“This is going to be my first time seeing other hybrids in years,” Jimin admits quietly as they made their way through the entrance and into the big building, walking straight to the reception where Taehyung was chatting away with Joohyun, again. 

There aren’t that many hybrids walking around, but the few who are out of their rooms are stared by Jimin who looks at them with wide eyes. “Do you want to talk with one of them?” Jungkook asked Jimin, watching the hybrid gaze around curiously. Jungkook himself had never interacted with another hybrid, other than Jimin, in his entire life. Even though he visited the clinic regularly, he had never talked to one of the hybrids that stayed there. 

“No, it’s okay!” Jimin chirped, but he still stared after a feline hybrid, who was looking back at him. 

“Hi Jiminie!” Taehyung said with a grin as he hugged the hybrid tightly. Jungkook faked a pout as he looked at the two. “Aren’t I getting a hug too?” He asked and Taehyung just stuck his tongue out at him, causing the youngest to laugh at the face he was pulling. 

“Jungkook-ssi, do you want to sign the papers right now or later?” A soft voice asked from behind Taehyung. Joohyun peeked up from behind Taehyung’s shoulder and gave him a smile. Jungkook glanced at Jimin, who was still looking everywhere, ears twitching as he took in every sound of other hybrids’ talking. “Sure,” he answered at last and took hold of Jimin’s wrist, trailing after Taehyung and Joohyun as they made their way into an office. 

“Please sit down here and I’ll be right back with a scanner,” Joohyun said as she walked out of the room. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, looking at Taehyung with a question on the tip of his tongue. “A scanner?”

Taehyung looked up from grinning at Jimin as he scratched the elder’s ears, staring back at Jungkook with a serious expression. “It’s for scanning Jimin’s tag. To make sure that he’s adoptable.” Jungkook let out a small “Oh”, a weird feeling suddenly growing in his stomach. He didn’t have a reason to worry, right? 

Joohyun came back into the office and brandished a device with a smile. “Please sign in the basics while I start up the scanner.”

Jungkook started to sign in Jimin’s name and birthday, asking the hybrid for information that Jungkook himself didn’t know about yet. He watched as Joohyun brung the scanner up to Jimin’s collar, pressing it down to the tag as it scanned his name and id. 

They waited with bathed breath as the scanner processed. A beeping sound filled the quiet room and a sinking feeling filled Jungkook’s stomach when both Taehyung’s and Joohyun’s face twisted in confusion. The two shared a look, having a telepathic conversation between themselves. Joohyun slowly turned to Jungkook, a frown on her pretty pink lips. She slowly shook her head, at a loss for words. 

“Jimin- He- You can’t adopt him. His previous, or- well, current owner-” Joohyun struggled out. “He still has an owner.” 

Jimin and Jungkook stared at her in shock. Jungkook whipped his head to look at Jimin, seeing the hybrid’s lips starting to tremble. 

What shattered Jungkook’s heart in pieces though, was the hopeful look in the hybrid’s eyes.

Because if Jimin got taken away from him, then he didn’t know what he’d do with himself. Jungkook’s heart belonged to Jimin now. 

Jimin was his home too.

-


-

Lol, plz don't be upset!!!

please comment and subscribe and upvote and talk to me!! :')

thank u I lov u <3