Say It Once, Say It Twice

Home

Warning: Violence

 

He slammed the door shut and hastily locked it.

Scrambling back and away from the door with wide eyes, Jimin felt panic and fear well up in him when he heard the men starting to shout. 

The pounding of his heart and the blood rushing in his ears felt faster and louder than the banging of fists against the door.

Deciding that running into the bathroom and hiding there was the best option, Jimin stopped dead on his track when he heard the men talk.

“- This is just too much ing trouble,” one voice muttered out, the hybrid straining his ears to hear as he held his breath.

“But we need to get him- Apparently he’s a rare mix or whatever. Dude, we’re gonna get rich when we sell him-” 

Jimin whimpered. He felt absolutely angry at himself. What once made him feel pride and pretty over himself now made him loathe himself. 

He always put his beloved ones in danger.

“Yeah but the does it have to be this troublesome-?” The first man groaned out.

“Hey man, his owner will be back in a few hours, let’s wait in the car and then get the kid- We’ll take the keys to the apartment-”

Jimin felt his heart stop for a second.

Jungkookie! 

Breathing heavily, the hybrid looked around for a way to get out, to run, to get to Jungkook before he came back. 

The sound of the door getting kicked once made him flinch and Jimin held his breath as tears started to run down his face. Shuffling over to the window, the hybrid looked down and decided that it was a very bad idea to jump. They lived very far up and he’d end up dead if he jumped and the men would still get to Jungkook.

Sobs started to tumble out of Jimin’s lips as he pressed his hands to his ears, trying to block away the noise the men were making. 

He was shaking all over. 

He was terrified. 

They would beat up Jungkook, just like how it had happened to Youngbae.

They would take him away again and this time, he may not be as lucky as he’d been before. 

The memories rushed back to Jimin and he felt himself tumble to the floor, hugging himself tightly a he cried. 

The banging abruptly stopped and Jimin held his breath and waited, listening to any sound from outside. He knew the men were still there. The adrenaline rush made his senses higher and he could hear their heartbeats, hear their inhales and exhales and he felt nauseous.

It was quiet for a while, the only thing sounding where the occasional shuffle of feet right outside the door.

Dread filled Jimin, though, when he heard a familiar voice.

“...Excuse me?” 

Snapping his head to look up at the door, Jimin almost cried out when he heard Jungkook. Why was he back already-?!

“Jungkookie-!” The hybrid sobbed, having a hard time getting up from the floor, his legs shaking so much. 

The sound of the men yelling had him instantly scramble up, though, and he hurried to the door and opened it. 

The sight of Jungkook getting punched and thrown against a wall made Jimin’s blood run cold. He didn’t even register the arms holding him, preventing him from getting to Jungkook, who looked so scared. Jimin squeezed his eyes shut when the man continued to hit Jungkook. 

The coppery smell of blood has the hybrid blubbering out pleas for them to stop, to just take him and leave Jungkookie be-

A loud grunt left the younger’s lips as he fell to the floor and got kicked in the stomach and Jimin felt so helpless, so useless. He couldn’t move-! 

A cry left the hybrid’s lips when the man, who had punched and kicked Jungkook, took hold of the chain with the dog tag around the younger’s neck and yanked it off, holding it up to his face with a smirk. With teary eyes, Jimin glanced at Jungkook to see that he was just laying there, blinking up dazedly. 

A growl rumbled through Jimin’s lips as he twisted and trashed his body, trying to get away from the arms holding him. He needed to get Jungkook away from here-

“You er-!” The man holding him barked out as he kicked Jimin down to the floor. Seeing the beer bottles standing outside their neighbor’s door, the hybrid quickly grabbed one, got up to his feet and slammed it down on one of the men’s head. The man instantly fell in a heap on the floor, blood oozing out of his head as the other man cursed and ran to him.

Jimin saw his chance and quickly ran to Jungkook, helping the younger, who had gained most of his coherence back, up to his feet and the two ran away.

They ran out of the apartment. They ran and ran, as far away as they could, until they ended up in an alleyway and gasping for breath. 

“Jungkookie--” The hybrid sobbed as he looked at the younger’s bruised and bleeding face.

The tears started to spill out Jimin’s eyes again as he clung to Jungkook, who was holding him tightly to his chest. “It’s okay, it’s okay-” the younger whispered, voice hoarse as his own tears landed on top of Jimin’s head. 

“A-are you okay-?” The hybrid stammered out as he drew away and cupped the other’s face. Jungkook nodded, immediately regretting it when his head started to throb. “N-not okay,” Jimin stated.

They stayed there for a while, until their breaths had calmed down and they could think a little clearer. 

“I’m going to call Yoongi-hyung,” Jungkook murmured as he pulled his phone out from his pocket, thankful that it hadn’t fallen out. 

He paused, though, when he saw the phone’s cracked screen and the ruined phone case. 

The phone case that Jimin had gotten for him. 

A sob left his lips as he clutched the phone in his hands, feeling sorry that he hadn’t been able to do anything, to fight back-

Jimin wound his arms around Jungkook, holding him close as he swayed them both from side to side. The sudden reminder that Jungkook was younger, was only 19 years old, hit Jimin hard as he tightened his hold on the other. Jungkook needed to be taken care of, too.

Taking the phone from the younger’s hands, Jimin called Yoongi and then, they waited.

 

 


 

They ended up staying over at Yoongi’s and Namjoon’s place for a few days. All their friends’ had been livid when they’d heard what happened and Youngbae had filed a police report, completely enraged and feeling helpless that it’d happen to Jimin again. 

Jungkook felt guilt eat away at him, even when Youngbae reassured him that it hadn’t been his fault. 

He could’ve done something, anything.

Jimin was just glad they had been able to get away. 


 

Their apartment was completely wrecked when they got back. 

Taehyung and Namjoon had followed with them and Taehyung had cursed loudly as he saw the state of the apartment, engulfing both Jimin and Jungkook in a hug as he swore to catch the bastards that had done this.

The bed had been cut open, feathers from the duvet and pillows spilled on the floor. The couch was disassembled and thorn as shards of glass scattered throughout the floor. 

Jimin felt his heart break as he gingerly picked one of the succulent plants up and teared up when Namjoon gave him a sad smile and ruffled his head.

His heart completely shattered at the look of despair on Jungkook’s face.

Slowly making his way to the younger, Jimin wrapped his arms around him and held the younger’s head to his shoulder, carding a hand through the greasy locks of the other’s as he started to sing under his breath. Jungkook found it calming, whenever Jimin sang, just as the hybrid found whenever Jungkook sang for him.

Jungkook’s shoulders shook as his tears soaked Jimin’s shirt. 

“W-we’ll have to move out- All our stuff-” He blubbered incoherently as he clung onto the back of the hybrid’s shirt. 

“It’s okay, we’re fine. We’re fine and alive,” Jimin whispered softly. 

Jungkook was quiet for a moment, before he spoke up, softly, “Yeah- We are-. We’re fine.” 

Drawing away a little, Jimin smiled brightly at the younger and despite the tears running down his face and his red-rimmed eyes, Jungkook thought he was beautiful and he felt hope and happiness as he looked at the elder. 

“We’ll move into a better apartment, away from here- A new start,” he said and Jimin grinned. 

“It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, a small apartment is fine, as long as I’m with you,” Jimin murmured out softly before carding Jungkook’s hair back and pecking him on the forehead.

“I said it before and I’m saying it again,” Jimin smiled softly, eyes filled with warmth as he looked into Jungkook’s eyes.

“You’re my home and I want to stay with you forever.”


*Insert BTS Young Forever Chorus while I cry in the background*

ahhhhhhh the next chapter will probably be the last one!!!! ;;;;;;

thank you so much everyone for the love that this fic has received!!!! ;A; 

this fic is my pride and joy lol

don't worry, even if the fic is ending, there's still gonna be one-shots spin-off of this au

(eg: taehyung taking care of jimin while jungkook has to go on a trip etc)

thank you for kudos, subs and comments~~~~!!