Sunshine Smile And Crimson Red

Home

The first thing Jungkook sees and feels when he wakes up and open his eyes into the dim light of his apartment, are a pair of ears that tickles at his chin and jaw. Jungkook glances down and sees that Jimin has his head rested on his shoulder, hair falling gently over his closed eyes as one of his hands clutched at the younger’s sleeping shirt.

Jungkook couldn’t help smiling, bringing a hand up to move the hair out of Jimin’s face. He almost jumped when his eyes suddenly met with warm brown ones, still clouded with remnants of sweet dreams. Even though he was groggy with sleep, Jimin still snickered at the younger’s startled reaction, moving away a little so he could properly look into Jungkook’s eyes.

“Did I scare-” He started with a teasing tone, breaking off mid sentence by a big yawn that had his eyes tearing up a bit. The younger snorted.

“No, I was just surprised.. I thought you were still sleeping,” he mumbled, pulling the hybrid over so they were almost bumping their noses together.

“Sorry, did I wake you?” He asked softly, watching in amusement as Jimin struggled to keep his eyes open. “No, I was awake before you and I was just going to rest my eyes but then I fell asleep again..” Jimin trailed off, eyes drooping shut.

Jungkook stared at Jimin’s face for a while, wondering if the older had fallen asleep again. He shook the older, trying to get him to wake up. Jimin whined, ears flattening down as he rolled so his back was turned to the younger. Jungkook tried not to laugh as he nuzzled the back of Jimin’s head. The older was so warm. Actually, maybe too warm.

“We have to get up. There’s a lot of things we need to do today, Jiminie” Jungkook whispered. He yelped when Jimin’s tail repeatedly smacked hard against him.

“...Hyung?”

“Thank you.”


 

The appointment of the day was: Getting Jimin a haircut.

Jimin’s hair is shorter and fluffier now and Jungkook blinks, staring into warm brown orbs that he could properly see, now that the light brown strands weren’t in the way anymore.

Jungkook thanks the hairdresser and also heaven that South Korea has cheap, drop-in hair salons.

They step out into the chill autumn air, despite the high and shining sun beaming down on them. Jungkook tugs Jimin close to him and adjust his red scarf for the older, before pulling up the zipper of his bomber jacket that he had given to the older too. Jimin had coughed a lot that morning and Jungkook was afraid that he’d catch a cold.

Jimin pulls down his blue beanie with a huff, muttering about how he’s the older one and that he could take care of himself, but Jungkook could see how pleased the older was, the back of his jacket shaking by his wagging tail that was hidden under it.

With an arm thrown over Jimin’s shoulders, Jungkook’s face lighting up with a smile as a laugh escaped his lips at a joke the older made. They were making their way to a convenience store when Jungkook adrubtly stopped, having caught sight of a familiar face that had seen him too. Panic started to fill him as the person waved and Jimin sensed his unease, frowning up at him with a concerned look in his eyes.

The younger thanks the heavens again that Jimin’s ears and tail are hidden.

If Jung Hoseok saw that Jungkook was with a hybrid and started asking questions then he’d get in a lot of trouble. It was illegal to have a hybrid if you didn’t have legal custody over it. So many rules and laws and comcplications.

Jungkook plastered on a strained smile as Hoseok skipped up to them, big and sunshine smile in place as he hollered a “Hey!”

The younger could feel Jimin’s apprehension, the arm around his waist squeezing him a little bit and Jungkook squeezed the older’s shoulder back as a reassurance that he was there.

Hoseok watched them with curiousity, noting the way Jungkook had his arm protectively around the unknown shorter boy’s shoulders. He quirked an eyebrow at them, a sly smirk lifting up a corner of his lips. Jungkook knew what was coming and supressed a groan.

“..So- Is our precious maknae dating someone? Hm, who are you, cutie?” Hoseok asked with a teasing tone as he leaned close to the shorter boy, almost squealing at the blush that started to dust his cheeks and chuckled at the eyeroll Jungkook sent his way.

“What do you want, hyung?” Jungkook tried to sound aloof, but it came out as a whine, making Hoseok let out a small laugh as Jimin’s lips twitched, smiling at the younger with affection. Hoseok didn’t miss the look.

“Yah, why are you so mean! We haven’t seen each others in so long,” Hoseok pouted and Jungkook started to feel a little bad, the worry of Hoseok finding out about Jimin being a hybrid making him nervous. He gave the oldest a sheepish smile, mumbling out an apology.

“Anyways, the others and I are meeting up soon, which means that you’ll have to come too, Jeon Jungkook. We can’t all meet up without our cute little maknae!” Hoseok said happily, glancing at the other boy who just looked on with a clueless smile. He grinned at the boy and watched him blush once again.

“You can come too, Jungkook’s friend whose name is...?” Hoseok adressed the shortest, leaning in a little and making him stutter out a, “I-I’m Jimin.” He noticed the way Jungkook pulled Jimin closer to him. Interesting.

Checking the time on his phone, Hoseok almost yells out when he sees that he’s almost late to work and bides Jungkook and Jimin goodbye, not having run off before telling Jimin that he’s adorable with a wink, making Jungkook frown. Really interesting.

Jungkook got bombarded with questions after questions, Jimin excitedly asking about his friends and if he’ll ever meet them. He groaned and whined, making Jimin laugh at his childish act.

To be honest, Jungkook didn’t intend for Jimin to meet his friends any time soon. Not until he’d found a way to legally have custody over Jimin at least.

Jimin meets his friends sooner rather than later.


It’s 2.35am when Jungkook wakes up to a coughing fit that wracks the whole bed. Before he can process what is going on, Jimin’s small body heaves up the content of his stomach onto the floor beside the bed. Jungkook instantly turns alert, watching with worry as Jimin chokes, hands gripping the front of his shirt hard.

After dry heaving for a few moments, Jimin slumps back onto the bed, blinking blearily up at Jungkook as the younger stares back with worry in his eyes. Jungkook feels Jimin’s forehead, almost snatching his hand back at the burning heat.

“Jiminie-?” Jungkook whispered. He reached over Jimin, scrunching up his nose at the smell of vomit as he the lamp on the bedside table.

His eyes widened when he saw the red trickling out of the older’s nose, smudged on his cheeks and chin and painting his lips crimson. There was a line of blood, trailing down the side of his face and seeping into the pillow underneath his head.

There was so much blood.

“I think.. I think I have a nosebleed..” Jimin slurred, voice raspy and drained and Jungkook didn’t know what to do. He was full out panicking, body paralyzed as he stared at Jimin breathing shallowly.

Before he knew it, Jungkook had his phone pressed to his ear, feeling as if it took forever for the person that he tried to call to pick up.

He almost cried out in relief when Taehyung’s deep and sleep laced voice answered him, irritated at having been woken “so late in the night, so early in the morning.”

“H-hyung-! Jiminie is bleeding he’s heating up what should I do hyung-!”