Bubbles

Home

The first thing Jimin does when he gets into Jungkook’s small apartment, is taking off his boots, going straight to the younger’s bed positioned in a corner, and starts jumping up and down on it. He’s smiling and laughing in joy, having been outside for far too long. Jungkook feel like he should scold him but then again, he occasionally does that too. 

“Jiminie, you have to take a shower,” he says, trying to catch the older who continued to jump around. Jungkook managed to latch his arms around Jimin’s waist and they both tumbled to the floor laughing. The older was too happy to correct the younger on proper terms, grinning from ear to ear as he let Jungkook drag him to the bathroom. 

Jungkook was thankful that his apartment had a bathtub. He was thankful to all his hyungs to be honest. If it weren’t for Namjoon and Yoongi, then he wouldn’t have had anywhere to live. The apartment was small but nice and even though he struggled between college and work so he could pay the rent, Jungkook liked it. He starved sometimes but he had Seokjin and Hoseok to take care of him when he didn’t have the money for food. 

Then Jungkook realized what a fool he was. 

He barely managed to feed himself and now, he had a hybrid to take care of. Jimin, who needed food, and clothes, and probably toys to play with. Jimin, who would get disappointed that Jungkook actually couldn’t take care of him at all. Jungkook did this to himself but he honestly doesn’t regret itHe would do his best to take care of Jimin. 

He snapped out of his thoughts to see Jimin looking at him weirdly with one eyebrow raised. They were standing beside the bathtub now. Jungkook raised one eyebrow too and they both looked at each others, a staring contest going on between them. Jungkook seemed to be leading. 

He ended up losing though, Jimin cheating by suddenly swiping a hand in front of Jungkook’s face, causing him to instinctively clench his eyes shut. Jungkook rolled his eyes but smiled when Jimin snickered, almost toppling over by the force of his tail wagging happily. 

Jimin sat down on the toilet seat and watched the younger prepare the bath for him, unable to control the huge smile he had on his lips. 

Jungkook stared absentmindedly at the growing bubbles as the bathtub slowly filled up with warm water, standing with his arms crossed as he mentally made a list of things he had to do. He felt a tug at the hem of his shirt and glanced at Jimin, seeing the older looking a little embarrassed as he bit his bottom lip. 

“Can you.. Can you wash my hair for me-? It’s okay if you don’t want to! I’m just- I’m not used to taking a bath by myself but I understand if you don’t want to-” Jimin rambled out and Jungkook figured that it must be a nervous habit of his. 

Could he be any more cute? 

“I don’t mind,” he said softly, cutting Jimin off before he ran out of breath and fainted by how much he blabbered. The older gave him a thankful smile and nudged Jungkook’s shoulder with his nose, a sign of affection that made Jungkook blush. He had a lot of things to get used to.

He turned off the tap when the tub was filled enough and blushed again as he waited for Jimin to undress. The older didn’t seem bothered at all as he quickly stripped and stepped into the tub, sinking down with a sigh. Jungkook stood awkwardly by the side, watching Jimin wash his arms as he hummed under his breath. He decided to take the loofah and wash the older’s back for him. 

It was relaxing, sitting on the edge of the bathtub filled with bubbles as he washed Jimin’s back, the older’s soft voice filling in the silence as he sung. Jungkook found himelf frowning at how thin Jimin was though, getting even more determined to do his best to take care of the hybrid. 

He got splashed by the water when he washed Jimin’s hair, the older finding it ticklish when he scratched on one particular spot on the back of his head, tail waving vigorously as he giggled. They got out of the shower, both dripping wet but Jungkook felt warm and fuzzy and the hybrid seemed to feel the same thing, lips upturned and eyes crinkling into half moons.

Jungkook took out some clothes for Jimin to wear, basketball shorts and a black sweater that was a little big on the older. He changed his own clothes and made Jimin sit on the edge of the bed as he took out a hair dryer and started to blow-dry the hybrid’s hair. 

Jimin jumped at the sudden sound of the hair dryer getting but relaxed at the warm air blowing at him. Jimin’s hair and ears got dry and fluffy and Jungkook started to blow-dry the tail.

The hybrid’s hair was clean and shiny now, smelling of shampoo as Jungkook raked a hand through the soft strands. Despite the fluffed up state of his hair, it was still rather long, the tips tickling the top of his nose.

“You need a haircut,” the younger stated. “But I’m not going to cut it for you, you’d end up bald.” He said sheepishly and Jimin snickered. 

“Good, I don’t trust a fetus like you with a scissor anyways.” Jungkook spluttered causing Jimin to laugh loudly. 

That night was the first time Jungkook slept with someone else on his bed. He didn’t mind, and it wasn’t as uncomfortable and awkward as he had thought it would be. He was surprised that the both of them even fit, but Jimin was tiny, so it worked. 

They were laying on their sides, facing each others. There was a vulnerable glint in Jimin’s eyes, features soft and gentle from the shadows and the little moonlight that shone through the small space between the curtains and windows.

“Thank you, Kookie.” Jimin whispered, his warm breath ghosting over Jungkook’s neck as he snuggled closer, ears twitching, the tips tickling over the younger’s lips and nose. 

Jungkook’s eyelids grew heavier and heavier with each of Jimin’s inhales and exhales, body and mind succumbing to sleep and he mumbled out a last, 

“Good night, sweet dreams, Jimine-hyung.”