Kissies

Home

The tag of Jimin’s collar glinted under the fluorescent light of the mall as he absentmindedly fidgeted with it, sitting on a bench and staring into space as he waited for Jungkook to return with ice cream.  

If Jungkook were to become his owner, didn’t that mean that he’d have to get a new collar? Did he have to throw away his old one, then? 

I don’t think I can, Jimin thought and frowned. 

A poke to his forehead made the hybrid snap out of his daze and he looked up to see Jungkook looking at him with concern. 

“Are you okay?” He asked, worried that something was wrong. Jimin would’ve snorted and teased the younger, calling him a worrywart if he wasn’t distracted by the chocolate soft-serve in the younger’s hand. His tail started to wag excitedly and he his lips, ears pointing straight up as he looked at Jungkook with wide eyes. Jungkook seemed to understand, chuckling as he held out the cone for Jimin, who took it with a cheer as Jungkook sat down beside him on the bench.

“I didn’t know what flavor you like, so I just took chocolate.”

“It’s okay, I love chocolate! We two- we understand each others,” the hybrid said appraisingly as he at the cream and the younger snorted, watching the older with soft eyes. 

“Is chocolate your favorite flavor?” Jungkook asked with a grin and Jimin nodded happily. “It is!” He chirped. 

“Youngbae-hyungie used to-” Jimin stopped mid-sentence and his cheerful demeanor seemed to have taken an one-eighty turn as he completely clammed up, ears flattening down to his head as he frowned. 

Youngbae? Jungkook stared at the hybrid, feeling that it must have had something to do with his previous owner. “Do you want to talk about it?” He asked softly and ran a hand through Jimin’s locks, fingers gently rubbing one ear as he patiently waited for the older to say something. He could see the hybrid’s eyes glistening with tears. Jimin shook his head. 

“I don’t want to- Not yet, at least,” he murmured out quietly and let out a sigh as Jungkook wound his arm around the older’s shoulders. 

The hybrid nuzzled the younger’s neck, giving the skin there a small .

“If- If I have to change my collar, can I still keep this one?” Jimin asked, voice so small and sad and Jungkook felt his heart clench. 

“Of course you can. We don’t even have to change- We can just add another tag to it,” the younger replied, voice light as he tried to lift up the hybrid’s mood. Jungkook couldn’t see the corners of Jimin’s lips lifting up a little, but he could feel him pressing closer. 

“Thank you, so much. For everything, Jungkookie.”

 


 

“But I like the striped one better!”

After Jimin started to feel better, the both of them got up and searched for stores to buy new clothes for him. Jungkook, fortunately, had enough money so they could get a couple of necessary stuff for the older. 

Jungkook let out a deep sigh and admitted defeat. 

“Okay, I guess you do look really cute in the striped one,” he muttered out. 

“Oh- Really?” Jimin murmured quietly, suddenly sounding shy as pink started to dust his cheeks. Jungkook started to feel his own face heat up at the adorable sight, bringing the back of his hand up to cover half of his face as he glanced away to the side. 

“Just- Hyung, can you hurry up? We don’t have all day!” Jungkook cursed himself for sounding so whiny but he couldn’t help it, feeling flustered as Jimin let out a laugh and he didn’t know what to do with himself. 

“Aish Jungkookie, you’re the cute one.” With a bright smile, Jimin got on his tip-toes and gave Jungkook a peck on his cheek before taking his hand and dragging him away. “Now, let’s search for some pants!”

Despite feeling embarrassed, a wide grin found it’s way to Jungkook’s lips.

“Hey.. I haven’t told you yet, but we’re going to meet the hyungs tomorrow,” Jungkook said casually and glanced at the shorter, trying to see his reaction. He didn’t expect for the hybrid to look so surprised. Excited, but also surprised. Jungkook had, after all, promised Jimin that he would get to meet his friends before. Jimin’s tail started to wag happily as he bounced up and down on his feet, clapping his hands like a child. 

“Oh my god- I need to take an extra long bath-! I need to get them some presents too! And oh-! Oh! I also need to look extra pretty, and I need to comb my tail so it get extra shiny, Jungkookie-!” Jimin babbled on, tugging on Jungkook’s sleeve as he dragged the younger to the cashier so they could pay for the hybrid’s stuff and quickly go home. 

A big smile spread across Jungkook’s face as he watched Jimin fondly.

That night found Jungkook and Jimin in Jungkook’s -their- bed, snuggled up as Jimin’s ears twitched and tickled the younger’s chin, still excited and looking forward to tomorrow. Jungkook drifted off to dreamland to the beat of Jimin’s tail thumping against the mattress. 

Thump, thump, thump.

He was almost completely asleep when he suddenly felt a kittenish on his neck, and cracked an eye open to see Jimin looking nervously at him. 

“What is it, Jiminie?” Jungkook mumbled out as he wiggled down on the bed so they laid face-to-face. The hybrid’s ears were flattened down to his head as he let out a deep sigh.

“I’m just- I can’t help but feel scared that they won’t like me..” He whispered. Jungkook was going to reassure him that he is very cute and his hyung’s would love the older. He was about to open his mouth when Jimin’s small voice stopped him. 

“It- It happened before.. With Youngbae-hyungie,” Jimin sniffled and Jungkook’s heart shattered at the sad frown marring Jimin’s face. He wrapped his arms around the older, running a hand through his light and silky locks and soft ears.

“I promise you, hyung. Everyone will really like you. I bet they’d even adore you.” Jungkook murmured quietly, tenderly. Jimin clutched the younger’s shirt and let out another sigh, feeling his eyes grow heavy.

“I trust you,” Jimin mumbled out sleepily and Jungkook felt his heart swell.

 


 

“Come on hyung- You look fine!” Jungkook laughed as he waited by the door for Jimin. The older let out a distressed whine, thorn between continuing fixing his hair or hurry up to Jungkook so they could be on their way to meet the younger’s friends. 

He let out a huff and quickly put his shoes on.

Jimin haven’t taken the Subway trains that many times in his life and stared out of the window excitedly as Jungkook stood close behind him in the crowded train car. Jungkook had jammed a beanie over Jimin’s head when they were out in the cold, the early winter air chilling them. 

“Gotta cover your ears,” Jungkook had mumbled, holding Jimin’s hand as they made their way to the subway. He didn’t understand why though, he was a Husky mix, after all. He could handle the cold. Jimin had let out a snort and nuzzled his cold nose against the younger’s neck, startling him. 

“Are you trying to play the hyung role here?” He had snickered at the younger’s flushed face.

“-You’ve already met Taehyungie-hyung and Hobi-hyung. I think you’ll meet Yoongi-hyung too, if he’s coming today-” Jimin nodded absentmindedly as Jungkook’s voice softly drifted around him, eyes focused on the scenery of the outside world. 

“Oh- We’re getting off now.” Jungkook grabbed Jimin’s hand and they got off the train, holding tight to each others as to not get lost in the throng of people. Jimin could feel himself getting nervous again, but he was also excited to meet new people. 

“Are you sure I look pretty enough? My fur is still shiny from the conditioner, right? Jungkook-ah, I-I don’t smell, right?” Jimin asked, tugging on Jungkook’s hand to get his attention. The younger just looked forward, not turning to him at all but Jimin could see that he was doing it on purpose, the corners of his lips tilted upwards. The hybrid pouted and slapped the younger’s arm, making him crack, chuckling as he ruffled a hand on Jimin’s beanie clad head. 

“Yes hyung, you look fine!” 

The older continued to pout, letting the younger drag him to wherever they were meeting up with his friends, when they adrubtly stopped. Jimin stared in confusion at the younger when he felt a soft, small touch against his lips, the younger suddenly very close as his fringe tickled against Jimin’s forehead. He blinked and Jungkook’s face wasn’t as close anymore, but it was flushed and the younger looked everywhere around them but at him. 

Jimin felt his face heat up and a grin spread across his face, tail wagging rapidly. Jungkook had to grab onto Jimin so he wouldn’t topple over by the force of his excited tail wagging. “You kissed me!” 

Jungkook’s face got even more red as he tugged his own beanie down to cover his face. “You-! J-Just, stop pushing your lips out like that..” He mumbled, half of his face hidden underneath his red beloved beanie. Jimin felt a giggle bubble up in him, feeling warm and happy. He threw his arms around Jungkook’s shoulders, almost slipping as he got up on his tip-toes to give the younger a little deeper, a little longer and wholly tender kiss on his lips. Jungkook felt like he would explode soon because of how hot his face felt.

When they pulled apart, Jimin gave the younger a on his neck and Jungkook shuddered, arms winding around the older’s waist and holding him close. Jimin adjusted the younger’s beanie before cupping his face and they stared into each others eyes. Jungkook thought they were having a sweet, gentle moment, blinking as Jimin’s warm eyes gazed up at him, when the older suddenly giggled and let out a “I won!”

Jungkook blinked again, before realization hit him and he let out a groan. A reluctant smile pulled at his lips as Jimin continued to cackle. Apparently, that had been an impromptu staring contest. 

He let out a snort. He could see that Jimin was actually flustered and tried to play it off. 

“Come on! When are we finally there?” The hybrid whined and they were finally on their way again. 

Next time I’ll definitely be more confident and make Jiminie more flustered, Jungkook thought with a flush.