Jimin x Jimin

From Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              This story is unfinished, I will develop the plot more but to which means I'm not sure. ^^' 

              We grew up together. You see, our moms were best friends since childhood, thus when Im Jae Bum was born he was already a part of my family before I was. We were close. The best of friends, really. I know what you’re thinking, it might be hard to believe since, he is Im Jae Bum. But it’s true. I really was his best friend. It all changed though, I still vividly remember the day it did. It was the first day of the eighth grade for me and the first day of the ninth for him. After spending an inseparable amount of time with me throughout elementary and middle school, we were finally pushed apart. He came over my house, as he usually does. His school let out first, so he was waiting for me to come home at the bottom of the steps to tell me something important, something new. A girl. He told me she was his soulmate. They had only known each other for one day and she was already his soulmate - so, what did that make me?

              During the weekend, he brought over Bae Suzy before their first date. A bit quick if you ask me, I mean, aren’t you supposed to introduce her to your family later on? Everything changed after that. She was very different from me. I was loud and exuberant, she was quiet and composed. The most different thing about us was she was beautiful; absolutely stunning. While I'm known for being a chubby dork. How could I compete with this beautiful girl whom I was not even on the same radar with? I stood no chance. She easily took him, Im Jae Bum, my unrequited first love. He had found a new person to share his life with. Someone that wasn’t me.

              This happened a year ago. Now, after fourteen years of friendship, Im Jae Bum and I don’t even acknowledge one another. I’m just glad I wasn’t dumb enough to not see it coming. It hurt less by the time we did fall apart. It happened after the numerous times he cancelled on me or stood me up for to hang out with his new friends, or the fact that suddenly everything about me was becoming childish even though we were just one year apart. He was slowly changing and pushing me away. Anyone could see it.

              Now, despite the fact that we aren’t exactly on speaking-terms anymore I still see Im Jae Bum every single ing day. I couldn’t avoid him even if I tried, we’ve been neighbors since birth. His family is much more well off then mine and own the home we live in; we’ve been renting it from them for ages. It also doesn’t help how our parents are still the best of friends. That makes Im Jae Bum and I, what you would refer to as, “family friends.” Sounds cool, right? I grew up with the most popular guy in school, hell, I know so much about him because we were even best friends at one point! But trust me, it’s not. It’s awful. I regret dedicating 14 years of being his friend. It was my lack of judgement, really. Perhaps you would think that Park Jimin, the geeky girl from class fifteen was afraid or intimidated by him. But nope, I’m not. And I will never be. Im Jae Bum, you don’t scare me – because I know the truth. I know who the real you is, even if you try to hide it.

              It's the first day of high school for Park Jimin, the sun is settling through the blinds and getting into her eyes causing her to flinch in her sleep. She moves the covers off her body before groggily getting up and noticing the time on her broken alarm clock.

              “Oh my god, I’m late! It’s the first day and I’m late!”

              She rushes out of her room, just barely having her uniform in place before running to her bus stop. Of course, she missed the bus. She dragged her feet as she walked back home. Jimin had planned this day for so long, she would wake up early and do her makeup to look presentable. She would pack a filling lunch and eat a big breakfast with her family but of course, she slept in. Now, her next issue was who would give her a ride? She arrived back home and properly greeted her parents before breaking the hard news that one of them would have to drive her about fifteen minutes away. Actually, thirty considering the traffic in the busy morning Seoul streets.

              “Honey, go over to Jae Bum’s or wake up Eric, one of them will have to take you. Dad and I have to go to work soon,” her mother said with sympathy.

              “Make sure you eat something first!” her father added.

              Jimin muttered to herself. Of course it would be the people she wanted to interact with the least. One, her older stepbrother Eric who was not a morning person or two, the guy she desperately tries to avoid but can’t. She decides to go with the former and heads into Eric’s room.

              Her pleas to wake him go unnoticed, he throws pillows at her and kicks her off the bed and grumbles to her that she should just catch a ride with JB since they would be going to the same place. Jimin buried her hands in her face,

              “How could I?” she groaned.

              Jimin let out a huge sigh before entering the code to enter JB’s home. The Im family looked picturesque eating breakfast at the round-table in their kitchen. Jimin first greeted his parents, who promptly invited her to sit down, she politely declined their offer and instead went straight to the point.

              “Uh… I have a favor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter