Junior x Jimin

From Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Apologies in advance on how far-fetched this plot is. Keep in mind, it's a fan fiction and none of this is true.

               Park Jimin arrived with a heavy heart.

               The pure white walls seemed to consume her.

               The receptionist who was busy taking countless calls gave her a nod of acknowledgement as she approached, she asked Jimin if she had made a prior appointment.

               Park Jimin, whose face was covered with a mask and had her dyed hair concealed under a hoodie replied in a husky voice that was not her own,

               “Yes.”

               The receptionist, who Jimin was a bit thankful to for not looking at her directly handed her some papers and asked her to sign in. She messily scrawled her English name on the sign-in sheet, “Jamie Park” it read. It was almost illegible. The receptionist continued to read Jimin – rather at this moment, Jamie, her rights. Jimin paid the fee and quietly took a seat, she started sorting through the papers and safety brochures. She signed her name here and there to give final approval.

               As she sat down she nervously looked around the cramped waiting room, the women that sat here were in the same situation as her. She noticed they all kept their heads hung low and covered, their hollow eyes zoning out on anything that wasn’t their stomachs. Jimin felt a mixture of empathy and guilt. She sat in close proximity with someone else, but she didn’t dare to look up in fear that she would be recognized. She felt empty.

               She tried to bring her attention elsewhere. She focused on the white walls in front of her, where there was a single painting of pastel flowers that somehow soothed her. She thought back to the articles she had been reading the past few days. It was about her weight, apparently she had noticeably gotten bigger. “Park Jimin is getting fatter despite comeback,” the headlines read. The neitzens crucified her for gaining weight, thus her company pushed her to a strict diet again. If only they knew why. She closed her eyes while waiting for her name to be called.

               She thought back to the look on Jinyoung’s face when she told him. Disbelief, concern, sorrow, anxiety. That night he held her and they cried together as they concluded that having an abortion would be the right thing to do. They were idols after all.

               Jimin thought about how reckless she was. After years of getting education classes, whether it was being educated by the public school system or at JYP entertainment it had ultimately come to this. She knew about safe , Jimin knew they should have been more careful to prevent this. She felt guilty again. Although this was the decision she was set on, she couldn’t erase the thoughts of the baby that was inside of her. She imagined what the child would be like, would it be a girl or a boy? Would it look like him or her? Ultimately, her first child will remain unborn.

               She remembered the late night talks Jinyoung and her had on the telephone; she thought about his sweet words filled with promises of marriage, a family and a loving home. But would they really ever work out? She doubted their relationship was strong enough to go through something like this. She considered keeping the baby only momentarily. She didn’t want to ruin his life, more importantly, her own. She didn’t want to sacrifice her dreams; she had worked so hard to get here. Selfish, that’s what she was. She knew in her heart that Jinyoung would take responsibility but she couldn’t. She wouldn’t consider settling down this soon. She was the one who had decided this. She was the one who had offered to get an abortion. When she broke the news, his reaction caught her off guard.

               “You don’t have to do this,” he instantly broke down in tears. Jinyoung was emotional and shared a lot of his strife with her during the duration of their relationship, but he had never cried in front of her. She found herself trying to soothe him before breaking down in tears too.

               “Yes – yes, I do. I need to,” she sobbed.

               He reached out to her and they held each other for a while.

               "There are other options,” he said, holding her close in his arms.

               “We could get married,” he whispered.

               “We could start a family. Sure it’s early, but we coul-“

               Jimin cut him off before he could continue,

               “Oppa, please. Stop. You know it wouldn’t work," her voice stern.

               “What about adoption? What if we gave the child up? Or what if our parents raised it? Please, Jimin. Think this over, it doesn’t have to be this way," he begged as his heart tightened in his chest.

               “You don’t think I thought about this? It’s easier for you, you’re not the one who will have nine months of proof. How could I hide for nine months oppa? Where would I go? How could I conceal something like that from the company? You know what would happen, they would terminate my contract. Oppa, we can’t take care of it. We’re too young. We aren’t ready. I’m not ready. I can’t push that kind of responsibility onto my parents,” her voice sounding angrier and more scared with each passing sentence. She had a thousand reasons for why she couldn’t go through with this pregnancy.

               Jinyoung cried harder at her words. His face flushed, his tear-stained cheeks grew pink, his nose was runny and the tips of his ears developed a red tint. Although he was a few years older than her, he looked and behaved more like a child at this moment. Jimin reached over to console him. She understood her words hurt him. She understood the reality of their circumstances hurt him.

               That was almost a week ago. They had made the appointment to visit the clinic t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter