JJP x Jimin

From Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               Jimin felt his fingers against her bare skin, his arm was heavy around her ribcage. She could smell the tangy citrus scent from his shampoo. She laid still in bed, silently savoring this moment of comfort. He was hers. A ring coming from his cellphone disturbed the silence in the room, she felt Jinyoung stir in his sleep and then unravel himself from the covers. He reached over to his cellphone and answered,

               “Hello?” he muttered, half-awake.

               “Right now?!” he said jolting up from the bed.

               She heard him pace around the room, quickly shuffling from here and there. She felt his eyes on her. She heard him opening drawers before leaving and entering the living room, she tried to distinguish what the muffled voices were saying but it was too difficult behind the thick walls. The bedroom door opened once again, this time, a new figure came into the bed with her. The new presence began removing his shirt. Jimin suddenly felt violated, but she attempted to suppress her thoughts. She knew this situation all too well. She could just wake up and leave on her own but for some reason, she didn’t. She knew it would be more convenient if she did, but she wanted to see what would happen. The stranger in the bed kept his distance, she felt his warm back against her. She heard a new voice that filled the house, a female. It must be her. Ahh... curiousity killed the cat.

               “What are you saying baby?” Jinyoung cooed at his rage-filled girlfriend.

               “You know exactly what I’m saying, where is she? Tzuyu told me she saw you bring some home last night. Where the is she?” Jihyo screamed, enraged at his doorsteps. She made a beeline to Jinyoung’s bedroom where she loudly opened the door. JB’s head popped up from under the covers, his arm around the figure next to him. He gave Jihyo a confused look as if to ask what gives? She halted at the door frame before closing the door once again,

               “Why is Jaebum in your bed?”

               Jinyoung sighed, “I wasn’t expecting you to go check my bedroom. But JB brought a girl home last night. He introduced her as his girlfriend”

               Jihyo arched her eyebrows at him, “Jaebum did? He has a girlfriend? Nevermind that, but why would he use your bed though?”

               Jinyoung shrugged, “The room used to be his. He was probably just used to going in there….”

               Jihyo instantly felt regret. She attempted to salvage their relationship by diffusing the situation. She didn’t want to seem like a crazy, overprotective girlfriend.

               “I’m so sorry for not believing you baby, it’s just… school’s been so hard. And you’ve been so secretive these past few months, I feel like we hardly see each other to hangout anymore.” Jihyo cried, she sat down on the couch while Jinyoung sat down next to her. He rubbed her back to comfort her before pulling her in for an embrace and cooed,

               “It’s okay, I forgive you.”

               Jimin laid in the bed with JB. She felt JB put his clothes back on before lying back next to her. She felt him tuck the covers under her as if to cover her body to separate them. She felt a little thankful. She tried to focus on the muffled voices behind the door until they became masked moans. She felt JB stir in discomfort. She opened her eyes to peek at him, he was staring at the popcorn ceiling before turning to her and catching her stare. JB wasn't surprised that she was awake and Jimin did not attempt to avert her eyes. She stared at his expressionless face. It was as if he was void of any true emotion, but behind his glossy eyes she noticed a glint of hurt. Almost as hurt as she was. She didn't question it though, she turned her head to silently stare at the ceiling with him until the moans stopped. They listened to them leave.

               JB finally turned to Jimin to speak to her the first time,

               “Want me to drive you home?”

               Jimin nodded.

 

 

               It began five months ago. Jimin had met Jinyoung at her part-time job, he said he recognized her from school. She initially didn’t believe him, how could a popular guy like Jinyoung notice a nobody like her? But then he kept coming in and slowly, they were becoming friends. She didn’t think he would be interested in her, but he was. It was apparent. He brought her gifts and would call her late at night. She knew Jinyoung had a girlfriend, she knew that too well. She liked his girlfriend too, hell, everyone liked her. They were the most popular, sought after couple in school. She didn’t understand why Jinyoung pursued her, but she didn’t question it. She didn’t act like she knew him in school either, she never mentioned it to her friends. It was a secret between them, they were a secret. The only other person who knew was JB, and that was by accident. But Jinyoung insisted he was trustworthy, he said he was his bestfriend and had loyalty. She trusted him with her secret too.

               JB and Jimin didn’t interact often - not until that morning Jihyo came unexpectedly. But that was all going to change.

 

 

               “JAEBUM!" a familiar voice called. 

               Jihyo ran up to JB, pulling his tie to follow her. She came inches away from his face before whispering a-little-too-loud,

               "Who is she?!”

               JB shrugged her off, obviously annoyed.

               “Who’s who?”

               “Your girlfriend!” Jihyo said gleefully.

               “What are you talking about?” JB asked,

               “Oh don’t play dumb! Jinyoung told me all about it! You have a girlfriend now! How come you never introduced me? And to think, I thought we were good friends! Hmph!” she pouted.

               JB felt flushed. Of course, that girlfriend. He couldn’t bring himself to crush Jihyo’s feelings, he felt incredibly sorry towards her. He never understood why it had to be this way. He was a bad friend, but Jinyoung was an even worse boyfriend.

               “Oh, she’s around here somewhere.”

               “Well, you better bring her to my birthday party this Saturday. You will, won’t you?”

               JB nervously laughed and nodded.

               JB was in a dilemma. Bring Jimin to Jihyo’s birthday party? How could he do something like that? That’d be so ed up on so many different levels. What if he just says they broke up? Then he won’t have to bring her. But what if Jihyo gets that close to catching Jinyoung again? He sank into his chair while the bell for lunch rang.

               Jimin sat with her friends at lunch. They talked about homework, gossiped about the cute boys in their class and talked more about school. Her eyes wandered across the lunchroom, she liked to people watch. It was a habit of hers. She watched Jinyoung’s group of friends. She watched their expressions and imagined what they were talking about. As she scanned the table, her eyes landed on someone staring right back at her. She quickly avoided his eyes, did he see her staring? After lunch while heading back to class, someone tapped her shoulder. She was surprised to see who it was but she followed him into an empty classroom.

               “Jimin, I need a favor from you.” JB anxiously said.

               “What is it?” Jimin questioned.

               “You need to be my date for Jihyo’s birthday party."

 

 

               JB wore a button up long-sleeved shirt with jeans. Even though he had been here the day he dropped her home, he looked at his phone to confirm her address before knocking on the door. Jimin came out in a miniskirt and a halter top. They politely exchanged hellos and he escorted her to his car.

               This was an unusual atmosphere and setting for Jimin. She had never done anything like this. She had never had to dress up for a party. This was a first for her. Not only that, but this was for Jinyoung’s girlfriend. She felt sick but somehow was comforted by JB’s presence. She didn’t know why she let him talk her into doing this. This was wrong. All of it was wrong. It's always been wrong - but she was just realizing the extent of it. She made up her mind, after tonight, she would end things. She would erase this from her memory. It was supposed to be a fling, a friends-with-benefits type of deal, but now she's getting dragged deeper and deeper. They sat silently in the car but this didn't bother her. She closed her eyes until their arrival. There was music blasting and brilliant party lights that covered the house like little stars. JB parked his car and got out first, he went to her door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter