Mingyu x Jimin

From Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin's mom came in her bedroom and opened the blinds allowing the sun to illuminate the room. Jimin groaned as she pulled the covers over her head,

            “Mooooooom.. Just five more minutes puhh-lease!”

            “Honey, you need to get up. Appa can’t drive you to school today,” her mother’s clear voice filled the room, “You need to get up now or else you’re going to miss the bus,” she egged on.

            Jimin begrudgingly got ready for school.

            After a quick breakfast, she went out the door and decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator today.

            But of course, she saw him. He ignored her – as usual. He walked downstairs a few steps ahead of her without looking back. She continued to stare at the back of his head. Sure, they went to the same school and even lived in the same apartment complex, but the two of them couldn’t be more different. Jimin silently scoffed to herself, she couldn’t recall a single moment where he had been friendly with her. She first met Mingyu when he moved in next to her last year, she had delivered rice cakes made by her mom to welcome them into the neighborhood. His mom was so friendly and kind, but he was cold and such a brat. He never acknowledged her after that and Jimin just accepted it. Although she has no idea what she did to cause him to dislike her in the first place, but it’s too late now to even try to reconcile. If only she knew what she did wrong. She silently trailed him to the bus stop and by the time they approached school they went their separate ways.

            Jimin sat down at a table where her friends were gossiping,

            “Isn’t it too early for this?” she asked while putting her bookbag down.

            “You won’t ever believe this Jamie!” said Solbin.

            “What happened?” she asked, suddenly growing curious.

            “Yerin has a date with Vernon. You know Vernon, right? He’s the cute one that looks like DiCaprio from Class 17.”

            Jimin laughed at Solbins’ comparison, “Aaahh.. must be nice.”

            She pouted before continuing, “When is it going to be our turn? At this rate – never!” she joked.

            New Sun abruptly grabbed her shoulders,

            “That’s not all Jamie! It’s a group blind-date!” she said a little too-eager.

 

                                                                                      ---

            “Be cool,” Yerin instructed.

            Jimin anxiously tugged at her miniskirt,

            “Who are the guys going to be?” Solbin impatiently asked.

            Yerin shrugged, “Dunno. But they’ll be hot, trust me.”

            The girls nodded and followed her lead.

                                                                                      ---

            Vernon sat with his friends, Mingyu, Wonwoo and Joshua.

            “Alright boys, let’s play rock paper scissors for order of picks. I win by default, of course – since I set this up in this first place,” he laughed.

            Mingyu won the first round, then Joshua won against Wonwoo, leaving him with the last pick.

            “Awww, c’mon guys. This means I get the ugliest one, doesn’t it?” He grunted in disbelief.

            “Trust me, none of them are ugly. Even the ‘ugly’ one is going to be out of your league,” Vernon laughed. “Consider this a blessing.” He stated as reassurance.

            And that’s when, she walked in. Mingyu couldn’t avert his eyes. A girl approached him, she was beautiful and introduced herself as Solbin. He took her by the hand and led her back to his seat in the booth. Yes, I guess she is the best pick, he thought to himself. But he continued to watch her from the corner of his eyes. What is she doing here?

Joshua took New Sun back to the table, while Vernon took Yerin as expected.

Wonwoo met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter