Chapter 3

Just a Happy Life

Amber POV
It's our break. “Damn,” I cursed. “Is it still hurt?” Vicky asked me. "Not really, I just.. pissed," I answer her. "I'll be right back," she said and running away.
"Amber," it's Krystal voice. "What? What do you want?" I asked coldly. She sits on my right side, too close actually, "Sorry about earlier. That's because of me," she said softly. I just ignore her. Suddenly i felt a soft palm on my bruises face, makes me backward. "What are you doing?" I asked her, still in a cold tone. "I just.." her voice cut by Vic, "Am.." I look up and see Vic with a can of coffee. She sits on my left side. "Put this can on you bruise," she said without look at me. I just obey her and put it on my right cheek, "Ouch," I winced. It's cold. "Put this on the can. To make it less cold," Krystal said, she hand me her handkerchief. I grab it and put it between the can and my cheek. It's better and it smells so nice. "Thanks,"

Victoria POV
It’s a weird behavior of Krystal. She never cares anyone else before, my mind tells me. "Vic," Amber voice ruined my thought. I look at her and find her questioning face. "What are you thinking about?" she asked me. I shook my head, "Nothing. I'm going to library. You should go home," I walked away ignoring her. "Vic.. Yah!" she shouts on the hallway.
I sigh, then grab the book that I'm gonna used for study. I move my feet to the table and lean on a chair. "Hey, are you okay?" it's Choumi. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just a little tired," I answer him. "Ah, here. I planned to return this yesterday, but I can't found you," he sit beside me. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem distracted," he asked me again. I give him another sigh. "Can I ask you something?" I said suddenly. He just nodded. "Well, is it kind of normal, when usually you don't care about anyone else. But suddenly you show some care to someone?" I asked him. To be honest, I myself have no idea what am I asking about. "I kinda don't get what are you try to ask. But in my opinion, it seems normal to care about someone you like," he said. And my heart sank. So, seems like she like her.

Krystal POV
I lay on my bed and start to think about.. Amber.
Amber is always so cold to me. Why? What did I do to her? I'm wondering.
Suddenly my phone ringing. Damn. It's Minhyuk again. So annoying. Just ignore it, I told myself. And it's gone. Fiuh.
And, it's ringing again. Sigh. Gonna scold him, i reach my phone and answer it in an annoying tone, "What do you want?!" "Whoa whoa, easy there. It's Amber," the caller answer coldly. Gosh, "Hey, sorry I thought.." she cut me. "Minhyuk, I know. But I'm more handsome than him," she said in a mocking tone. Indeed. "What do you want?" i asked her. "Wanna hang out?" she ask suddenly. WHAT??! I widen my eyes. Gosh, she asked me out? "Why? Aren't you usually go with Vic?" i asked her back. "She's.. I don't know. Maybe she's busy. She's not answering my call. And you.. you owe me somehow," she said casually. WHAT??! is she try to extort on me? "What do I owe you?" i asked her. "Your lame boyfriend punches me. Remember?" she said sarcastically. "Ex-boyfriend! And why am I the one who have to pay out?" I said in an annoyed. I heard her giggling, "Nah.. I just wanna ask you to hang out. I pay. And also returning your handkerchief," she said in a bit calm tone. "Oh okay. Where?" i facepalm for my instant reply.

“Hey,” I said as soon as I saw her. She leans on her seat, waving at me in cool way. I drag the seat in front of her and sit. "Here," she hand me my handkerchief. Her cheek a little bit swollen but still.. Handsome. I bit back my smile and received it. Then a waitress come and hand me the menu, i said my order and give it back to her. I see her look at Amber and blush a bit. It's annoying.
"So, what happen to your Vicky?" I asked casually. She scrunching her brow and answer me, "My Vicky? Well, she's not my mom for sure," she answers and sips her coffee. "And I don't know what happen to her," "So, the point is? Why do you suddenly ask me out?" I asked her. "Nothing particular," she shrugged. I glared her. She look at me and sigh, "Fine, maybe I want some of your help?" "What kind of help?" I ask her back. "Well it's about Vicky. I.. I think I like her, but I saw her in library with Choumi earlier," she answer me, blushing. Gosh. Just shot me. I keep silent, waiting for the next surprise. "I want you to help me find out about her feeling to me," she asked me. TADA. Another surprise, as expected.

Victoria POV
I on my home and planning on buy some cake. Oh I love cake, i smile to myself. When I'm gonna entering, I saw Amber, she's with.. Krystal. My heart sank and I'm running to go home. Do I have to cry?