Twenty One

Perfect Protection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys, you might want to close your ears," I said to my three friends, before I started the firing.

I looked out from the window and aimed the gun to the front tire of the car behind us. Luckily, I was known for my perfect aim at the headquarters. So at one shot, I managed to flatten their front left tire. The car moved around uncontrollably, but the driver was still able to steer it and continue chasing us.

"Woohoo! You guys work like this everyday? Awesome! I want to be a cop!" Jimin whistled in amazement.

"Nice, Hyerin!" I heard Taehyung praising my good aim, but I had no time to reply.

At the second shot, I flattened their front right tire, making them having a hard time to control the car and crash into a building. Everyone in our car was cheering happily except me. I knew for sure that they wouldn't just let us get away like this. I scanned the surrounding to search their reinforcement. And from an alley, I saw a few motorbikes speeding towards us. Two people at each motorbike, one of them carrying a gun.

"Taehyung, watch out for the bikes!" I shouted when the four bikes splitted up, two bikes to the right side of the car and the other two to the other side.

I directly shot the tire of the first bike coming towards me and both of them fell off, tumbling down the road. Unfortunately, because I was shooting at the first bike, I didn't realize the second one was closing in and one of them jumped to our car, hanging by the car door, gripping on the car window sill. Joohyun shouted hysterically as she witnessed the terrifying scene. The guy was pointing his gun to my face.

"Seokjin!" I yelled in a hurry.

"I'm on it!" Seokjin drifted sharply to the right, successfully tossing the guy back to the road.

Before I could sigh out of relief, I caught Taehyung struggling with a guy in my peripheral vision. I quickly turned my head to see him clearly. "Taehyung!" I couldn't help but worriedly shout.

They were wrestling with each other, occasionally punching. Seokjin tried to turn the car sharply but still couldn't shake him off. He really had a strong grip. Finally, he became tired after a few turns and Taehyung had the advantage. With one strong elbow strike to the guy's chest, Taehyung managed to throw him off and snatch his gun.

"I'm fine," Taehyung said while panting.

"Two more cars at the back!" Jimin informed us.

I thought my heart stopped beating when one of them landed a gunshot near the window sill next to me. "Seriously, how many are they?" I asked no one in particular.

Again, I tried to shoot their tire, but this time they were smarter. They literally drove in a zigzag motion so it's difficult for me to aim. I swore to myself as each car went to each side of our car, with the guys shooting at us nonstop. The sound of gunfires and their clanging against the bulletproof car filled the air. I repeatedly fired and ducked, hoping to not get shot.

Panic took over me when the car closed in right next to us, very close that I could reach their window sill with no problem. One of them grabbed my shoulder and tried to pull me out from the car. I struggled and punched his face numerous times. Obviously, he was far stronger than me. It's the law of nature. Soon, I was getting dragged out of the car, half of my body was already hanging over the window. I felt so helpless.

"Hyerin!" Taehyung shouted.

Suddenly, Taehyung was right behind me, dragging me back into the car with such force that I was sure my maid outfit was torn. He succeeded in pulling me back and he's now wrestling with the guy. Luck wasn't on our side today. To our disadvantage, Taehyung was already out of power and the guy got help from the other men in black. Two of them were pulling Taehyung to their side and half of his body already left our car, like my situation earlier. I was trying to help but I couldn't do anything. I was already too exhausted because of the earlier struggle.

My mind went blank when a gunshot landed on Taehyung's shoulder. His blood splattered on my clothes. I trembled like crazy and froze in spot. Not a word came out of my mouth.

"No! Taehyung!" Seokjin shouted in panic.

With the last energy he had left, Taehyung yelled, "Seokjin, get them away from here!"

"We won't leave you!" Baekhyun yelled back.

Taehyung looked at me lovingly with a smile, which made my tears flow down like a waterfall. He then looked at Baekhyun. "Take care of Hyerin for me."

After that last words, Taehyung stopped struggling and the men in black easily pulled him into their car. Seokjin sped up the car until we could no longer see them. I wasn't sure what happened next. My whole body was shaking. My tears wouldn't stop falling. My hands and clothes were stained by Taehyung's blood. I couldn't hear what my friends were saying to me at all. They seemed to be very worried as they kept shaking my shoulders while fixing their eyes on me. Then, everything faded out.

 

When I opened my eyes, I found myself lying down on the couch, with a jacket covering me. I blinked and tried to look around me. It was a very familiar place - the meeting room at the second floor of our headquarters. Baekhyun, Jimin, Joohyun, Seokjin, and Superintendent Oh were here, sitting around our usual meeting table. They seemed like they were discussing something important that they didn't realize I was awake already. They had serious expression plastered on their face. What happened? Where is Taehyung?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter