Hello

My Prince

It was a snowy day in Seoul and I was off to the bakery for my shift. Eunji had called and apologized saying that she couldn’t join me today. Family matters. It was alright, I wasn’t upset. Eunji had helped me enough and I decided that today, I would try to be more independent. As I was lost in thought, I accidentally bumped into another person’s chest.

            “Oh! I’m sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going!” as I was apologizing profusely, a gloved hand reached for my own.

            “It’s alright! I’m not dead!” No need to keep apologizing!” I looked up into the most beautiful pair of eyes I had ever seen. Although this is Korea and everyone tends to have the same color of eyes, his were different. They were dark brown like most, but there were flecks of different shades of brown as well. And if you looked in just the right angle, they almost looked like they were sparkling.

            I must’ve been gaping for quite some time for the man waved his hand in front of my face chanting, “Earth to little girl! Is anyone in there? Earth to little girl!” Snapping my jaws shut I huffed.

            “I’m not a little girl!” but added quietly, “And sorry about that.”

            “Oh it’s alright, I was just trying to get your attention. Well, have a nice day!” He exclaimed as he walked off. I stared at his retreating backside and wondered, Who is he? He seems like a prince. If so, is he meant for me?

 

~~~

            Once I had reached the bakery, I quickly entered, taking refuge from the cold outdoors. Quickly, I shuffled to the back to grab my uniform. When I had re-emerged from the back, I was sporting a pink baseball cap with a strawberry logo, white t-shirt, black jeans, and a pink and white striped apron. It was early in the morning and it seemed that my co-worker and another close friend of mine, Hayoung, had it covered.

            Oh Hayoung was also from a wealthy family but she, unlike the rest of the Ohs, had a thing for sweets. Although she will eventually run her father’s company, Hayoung decided that while she was young, she would do what she could with sweets. She not only manages the register, but when her shift is over, Hayoung goes to the back and bakes sweets. Most sweets on display were Hayoung’s handiwork.

            Time passed slowly and it felt like it would take forever to get to my shift. I know what you’re thinking. If I’m so bored and it’s not my shift yet, why did I come so early? Well, my dear readers, I’d rather be here than at home. So anyways, just as I was sitting and watching the passerbys, I received a text from Yoon Bomi concerning the upcoming talent show. The seven of us have had an interest in dancing and singing, so with the talent show coming up, it was our perfect chance. Bomi said that we should write our own original song. Just as I was about to text her to tell her to leave it to me, the bells on the door jingled. In walked the strange man I had pumped into earlier. Without thinking I mumbled, “Are you my… prince?” Quickly realizing what I had just said, I covered my mouth in embarrassment.

            “Hey, aren’t you the girl from earlier?” It seemed as though he hadn’t heard me. I smiled and nodded.

            “Yes, would you like something? It’s about time for my shift.”

            “Yes please. Just a grande chai tea please.”

            “Right away.” Even though we’d just met, I already felt butterflies in my stomach whenever he smiled. However, just as I turned around, I heard the bells jingling again. I was about to welcome the customer until I saw a girl hugging wonder boy.