My My

My Prince

Well. That was unexpected.

“Naeun? Are you still there?” I wanted to shout at him. Of course I’m still here, but did he honestly expect a girl to be totally calm after he just said he named his guitar after said girl? I don’t think so.

Wait. Actually, I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be flattered or not. It’s actually a bit awkward.

“Yeah, um, I’m still here… Um, sorry Myungsoo, I actually have to go, I’m getting a call from Bomi…” Which was a complete lie.

After I hung up, I just sat there. Well, now how am I supposed to kill time until I have to go to work?

I took out my notepad and ripped out the offending bits of paper stuck to the top. I realized that I still hadn’t started on the talent show song yet. Oops. Time to get started.

Hugging my pillow to my chest, I closed my eyes and slowly started to drift to sleep. In my dream, I was standing on a snowy street. It didn’t look very familiar, but my feet were leading me down the street. As I walked, a figure slowly made itself apparent. It was familiar, but not so familiar that I recognized the person right away. When I realized who it was, I gasped.

It was Myungsoo.

I woke up with a start. I just met this guy and I’m already dreaming about him? This is ridiculous. Since I didn’t really want to deal with Woori any more than I have to, I decided to go for a run.

Keep in mind, I’m ridiculously slow. When I go for a run, I usually don’t get home until maybe three hours after I leave the house. But hey, it gives me time to think and I haven’t run into anyone I know when I’m running.

I changed into some comfortable running clothes, grabbed my iPhone and keys, and ran out the door without telling Woori. She can take care of herself. She’s a big girl now.


I realized I left the house without a destination in mind, so I decided it’d be a good idea to visit Bomi and talk about that song I was supposed to write…

By the time I got to her house (mansion more like), I was short of breath and sweating like a pig. I rang her doorbell a few times, and when she finally opened the door, she just laughed.

“Naeun you look ridiculous!”

“Oh shut up. I just ran like, 5 miles. Now let me in before I hug you with my sweat covered body.”

“Oh ewww hurry up. I’ll get you a washcloth.”

I followed Bomi up the stairs to her room and plopped onto her bed while she walked into the bathroom adjacent to her bedroom. When she came back, I had taken out a pad and paper from her desk and had begun doodling.

“Naeun, we have to figure out the song as soon as we can! The talent show is coming up soon!”

“Meh, I can’t think of anything! Can we do something else to get my mind off of things?”

“Fine. You want to bake something? I’m craving snickerdoodles.”

I grabbed the washcloth from her hand and put it around my neck. The cool feeling immediately made me feel more relaxed.

As I followed Bomi to the kitchen, I let my mind wander about what happened recently.

I met a guy.

A guy named Myungsoo.

Myungsoo the freaking gorgeous guy but was super cheesy.

Yup, that’s it. Oh and the song. Darn that song.

I started thinking about the dream again, and that’s when it hit me.

“BOMI. I GOT IT.”

“Got what?”

“AN IDEA FOR THE SONG. WHERE’S YOUR PAPER?”

“Over th – “

Before Bomi could even finish her sentence, I rushed back to her room and grabbed the pad I had left on the bed.

“Dear boy, I fell in love on a snowy day…”