Heart Attack

My Prince

I just stood at the counter and gaped as Myungsoo made his way over to me. When he finally got to me, he slammed his hands down, shaking the tip jar. I flinched as he neared his face closer to mine.

“Oppa… you’re making a scene.” I tried to gesture to the other customers but he didn’t move a muscle. If anything, he tensed up even more.

“They can do whatever they want. Why didn’t you answer any of my calls or respond to any of my texts? Are you ignoring me?”

Prying my eyes away from his burning stare, I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

You have, 10 missed calls and 20 new text messages.

Embarrassed, I raised my head to meet his eyes again. Instead of just seeing frustration in those beautiful eyes, I saw worry and desperation.

“Don’t you know how worried I was? I thought something had happened to you! I called Bomi, Dongwoo gave me her number by the way, and she said that you had run out in a hurry.”

“Oh. I was late for my shift so I was kind of freaking out. I’m okay.”

I was still feeling slightly uncomfortable with the close proximity. Throughout this conversation, he hadn’t moved in the slightest.

“You still haven’t answered my question.”

Shoot, I was hoping he had forgot about that. Of course, I’m still curious about his love life, but I’d feel awkward asking him out of the blue like this. He’d probably think I’m a stalker or something.

Looking away from him I tried to wave at Eunji to get her attention. Myungsoo looked in the direction I was waving and frowned.

“Why are you waving at Hoya?”

Surprised, I was about to explain myself when I noticed the expression on his face.

He looked jealous.

I started giggling just because of how cute he looked.

“Why are you laughing?”

I couldn’t help myself and pinched his cheeks.

“You’re adorable, oppa.”

Once I said that, I immediately released his cheeks and put my hands over my face in embarrassment. Why on earth had I just done that?

I peeked through my fingers and noticed a tinge of pink on his cheeks. Aw, he was blushing! How cute.

Trying to restore his cheeks to the normal color, he shook his head a few times before looking at me once again.

Taking in a deep breath, I decided now was the time to confront him. Did he like me because I reminded him of his ex-girlfriend? If so, is he still not over her?

I don’t want to become his rebound girl.

“Oppa, I need to talk to you. Let me get Eunji to cover for me first.”

After I sat him down at a table farther away, I walked over to Eunji to see if she was available. I felt bad interrupting her conversation with Hoya, she looked like she was enjoying herself, but I felt like I was going to faint.

“Eunji, sorry to bother, but could you please cover me for just a few minutes? I need to talk something out with Myungsoo oppa.”

She glanced over at his table before giving me a wink and telling Hoya she’ll be back after I finish my talk.

With that covered, I went into the kitchen to grab two cups of coffee before heading back out to where Myungsoo was situated.

Setting a cup in front of him, I managed an awkward smile before sitting in the seat in front of him.

We sipped our coffees in awkward silence.

After about a minute or so of just sitting there, drinking coffee, Myungsoo broke the silence first.

“What did you need to talk to me about?”

Sighing, I set my coffee down on the table and folded my hands in my lap. Taking a deep breath, I braced myself for what could happen.

“Oppa… why do you like me?”

Myungsoo face visibly changed as a shocked expression formed. I sat there, hoping he’d answer but he just stared at me. I coughed.

“Um… well…”

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to! I was just curious…” Feeling dejected, I grabbed my cup and was about to head back to the counter when I heard him speak.

“Wait…”

Surprised, I looked back at him. He was staring at his coffee but he looked so serious. Curious, I sat down again and waited for him to speak again.

“I like you…”

“Ah. I sort of noticed from all the glances and the texts and the calls, but my question was why.”

I realized I was being pushy but I really wanted to know. It was bugging me. Did he like me for me or not?

“Well… to be honest I didn’t even notice you when you ran into me. I just shrugged it off. But when Yookyung introduced us and I heard your name, I didn’t know what to do. My ex broke my heart and it was as if I was given another chance.”

“You realized at the time that I’m not her, right?”

“Sort of. Half of me was thinking that it was she. The other half was telling me that this isn’t right and that I should’ve moved on.”

“Ah. Good side.”

“Yes, but I couldn’t help it. When I told you that my guitar was named Naeun, it was named after my ex. She gave it to me as a present when I first started learning guitar.”

“Oh, that makes sense. I was wondering if you named it after me the day we met. It was slightly weird.”

“Yeah, I guess it was.” He chuckled lightly.

“But after a while, I stopped seeing my ex whenever I saw you, and I realized that I like you for you. You’re funny, you’re sweet, you’re nice, and I love your smile.”

I blushed at that.

“I apologize for making you so confused, but I’d like to ask for a chance with you, if you’ll let me.”

Wait what?

“Son Naeun. Not Kim Naeun, but Son Naeun. Will you go out with me?”

Moment of silence.

“Yes!”