Insane

My Prince

After another half hour of thinking and scribbling, I still had the same line down.

“I totally thought I had a masterpiece coming!”

Bomi shook her head and laughed, “I’m sure you did, genius. Come on, let’s do a little baking. It’ll take your mind off of things.”

The next few hours were spent in the kitchen with the music turned up to the max. If anyone happened to walk by the house, they’d probably be able to hear us yelling our lungs out.

“YAH. NAEUN. STOP SINGING. HELP ME GET THESE COOKIES OUT!”

Way to rain on my parade.

I stopped dancing around the house and made my way back to the oven.

Bomi grabbed the oven mitts and slowly tried to pull the tray out.

“Naeun, could you set some cooling racks on the counter?”

“Well, where are they?”

Bomi scrunched up her nose in thought.

“I think they’re in one of the cupboards over there.”

“You’re so specific. Which cupboard?”

“I don’t know, one of them! My mom messed with my organization last time she baked something.”

I literally ransacked all of her cupboards until I finally found the cooling racks. They were circular shaped with wires crisscrossing so as to let the cookies cool off. Hence, “cooling” racks.

“Oh that smells really good.” Bomi smiled as she used a spatula to grab each cookie off of the tray.

I watched with amusement as some of them stuck to the tray more than others.

“Bomi, I don’t think your baking has improved very much over the past few years.”

Bomi glared back.

“Yah. Son Naeun. My baking is amazing! Even Dongwoo oppa likes it!”

“That’s because Dongwoo oppa eats just about anything edible.” I snickered.

Just then, Bomi’s phone started ringing.

“Speak of the devil,” she muttered.

“Is it Dongwoo oppa? He must have *sneezed or something.”

“Ha. Funny. Hi oppa~”

I cringed. It’s always so awful whenever the two lovebirds are on the phone.

In order to distance myself as far away from her so as not to hear their cheesiness, I settled myself on one of the sofas in the living room with my pad and pencil.

I tapped my pencil on my head, hoping that I would magically come up with more lyrics.

“The walls around my heart, break down for you. Ew. That’s cheesy. I’ve been spending too much time with Bomi.”

Sighing in frustration, I grabbed a pillow and placed it over my face.

“This is way too stressful! Time to eat a cookie.”

Groaning from having to leave my comfortable seat, I shuffled back to the kitchen to grab some cookies.

“I wanna eat a cookie. With milk I will be sleepy. Yeah, yeah, I wanna eat a cookie.”

I laughed at my ridiculous rap and started rambling on some more nonsense about eating cookies with milk.

While I was over there, I could hear some mumbling back where Bomi was on the phone. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but she was talking so loudly!

“Yah. Jang Dongwoo. You’d better not be messing with me.”

Moment of silence.

“Are you sure this is true?”

Really curious, I sneakily walked up to the door and leaned my head on it.

“Oppa, this is serious. I think she really likes him.”

Who? Who likes who?

“I heard from Yookyung!”

Heard what from Yookyung? Bomi could not be any more vague.

“Stop joking around! How’d you guys meet? Best friends already?”

I was getting agitated so I decided I’d leave Bomi to her gossiping and get back to sneaking cookies away. I should probably just stick a bunch in a bag and bring them home.

But are they edible…

I decided not to be bothered with it, because I would never pass up food in general.

As I walked away, I caught one more word.

“Naeun-ah…”

Oh shiznits, did she catch me eavesdropping? I quickly ran back to my seat on the couch as I waited for Bomi to leave the room. When she didn’t, I assumed I had just been imagining things and walked back to the abandoned cookies.

As I was about to grab one, my phone started ringing.

“The cookie gods must be against me today…”

I danced to my ringtone of BTOB’s Insane for a little bit before I picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Naeun?”

“Myungsoo oppa?”

 

__

 

* There’s a superstition that when people sneeze, someone else was talking about them.