The Fact

My Prince

 

My jaw dropped open in shock. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Although we hadn’t met until a few hours ago, I had already become fond of this mysterious man.

            But it was very strange. The back of the girl’s head seemed very familiar…

            “Ah! Naeun – ah! I didn’t expect to see you here!” A surprised Hong Yookyung stared at her friend.

            “Yookyung? What’re you doing here?” I eyed the two in front of me, wondering what their relationship was, and fearing the worst.

            “I’m here to catch up with my cousin of course!” Yookyung smiled gleefully as the man slung an arm around her shoulder and grinned.

            My jaw dropped for the third time that day as my eyes went back and forth between the two.

            “You’re cousins?” I could see no similarities between the two.

            “Well, we’re not exactly blood-related.”

            Well. That made sense.

            “When my father remarried, his wife had quite a few siblings. Myungsoo oppa here is just one of my many cousins. We haven’t talked for years since his family moved away. When they moved back to Seoul, I took the liberty of calling him up. He is, after all, one of my favorite cousins.”

            I could see the two were quite close and, to be honest, I was a bit jealous.

            Yookyung looked at me and sensed my discomfort.

            “Myungsoo oppa, could you sit here for a bit? I have something to ask Naeun.” With that, Yookyung stood up and led me to the restroom.

            “Yookyung, is there something wrong?”

            “I should be the one asking you that. You seemed a bit uncomfortable out there. Does it have to do with my oppa?”

            “Pft, what’re you talking about?” I giggled nervously. Telling Yookyung that I fell in love with her oppa (which I did not. I merely thought he was attractive) would be awkward.

            “Naeun, you’re a terrible liar, no offense. You totally like Myungsoo oppa! Want me to hook you guys up?” Yookyung giggled and jumped up and down.

            “Yookyung – ah! Stop that! I don’t know if I like… Myungsoo was his name, right? Yeah, I don’t know if I like him yet. I mean, we just met! He doesn’t even know my name!”

            “Then I’ll introduce you guys! This’ll be so much fun!” Once again in the lead, Yookyung led me back where Myungsoo was sitting.

            “Yookyung… I don’t think this is a good idea…”

            “Don’t worry!” She turned to Myungsoo and introduced us.

            “Myungsoo oppa! Meet Son Naeun! She’s really nice, and isn’t she pretty?” At that, I blushed. Then I heard something I would never forget. It was quiet, but I was sure I had heard it. Right after Yookyung said I was pretty, I heard Myungsoo mutter, She’s not pretty… she’s gorgeous. My faced turned to the color of a cherry tomato.

            “Thank you…” I replied.

            Myungsoo looked surprised. He probably didn’t think I’d hear him. This was confirmed when he blushed and lowered his head. Yookyung continued the introduction as if nothing had happened.

            “Naeun-ah, this is Myungsoo oppa. He’s a year older than us and he’ll be attending the same school as us!”

            Once again, I gaped. It was ridiculous how many times that’s happened in one day.

            “Wow… that’s… great!” I managed. Yookyung looked on with glee as Myungsoo looked relieved. “What classes are you taking?”

            “Well, since I had attended a different kind of school before, I’ll actually be in your grade. I transferred along with six of my buddies because I hear your school is really elite. I think I’ll be taking…”

            As we talked about our classes, I found out there was a huge possibility of being in at least one class as this guy. We were planning on taking all of the same courses!
            “Oh Naeun. Did you know that oppa’s also going to be taking part in the talent show? He’s writing a song too!”

            I slapped my forehead.

            “Shoot! I forgot to tell Bomi I was going to write the song!”

            I reached into my pocket for my cell phone and just as I was taking it out, I dropped it.

            What happened next was totally unexpected.

            Myungoo reached down and grabbed my cell phone before I could. He quickly flipped it open and punched in some numbers. He then returned it to me with a small smile on his face.

            Insert more gaping here.

            On the small screen it said:

            Name:             Kim Myungsoo

            Phone:            xxxx xxxx

            Notes:             Do you want to hang out sometime? :)

I felt like my prince had finally arrived.


How was it? Please comment and subscribe!