First meeting

I won't give up

From his seat on the window the black haired male could feel his heart break again, seeing his dearest Hakyeon crying in Jaehwans arms. How could I be so stupid, he thought. How could he hurt the one he loved the most?

Taekwoon had long ago stopped listening to the teachers lecture. How could he, if his heart was crying blood. He knew he had to do everything possible to get him back, or else he was sure he would die. Hakyeon was with him since forever (at least it seemed so to him). Ever since the red-haired stepped into Taekwoons life back in primary school. Since then his whole life revolved around the red-haired and only him. They both hadn't had a real family anymore. Both were took in by foster parents. Sure, they loved them and everything, but it wasn't the same as with their parents.

They were completely different. Hakyeon all outgoing and Taekwoon social awkward, but they've understood each others. They've had the same background and also weren't the most popular in their previous schools. So they just had themselves. But they were lucky how it was, as long as they were together.

The day they've met was something, Taekwoon would never forget. To him it seemed as if it was just few days ago, that it had happened.

-7 years prior-

It was a day like every else. At least, that was what the little nine (a half) year old Taekwoon thought on his way to school. It wasn't really a weather one would like to stay outside at the moment. Even more so for the black haired child, who hated the coldness. But mother nature seemed to hate him too, as it suddenly began to rain.

Unfortunately little Taekwoon hasn't thought about bringing an umbrella with him. He should have heard to what his stepmother said, but stubborn Taekwoon hadn't thought it would rain. Well, now he just had the possibility to run to school, as to not get too wet. But before he could make the first step he was stopped by a pink umbrella, which was held before him. Taekwoon looked to his right, from where the umbrella came, and locked eyes with a brown-haired child with light tan skin. He looked like he was around Taekwoons age, but was a little bit smaller than himself and had a bright smile on his lips, which made his eyes sparkle.

“Here take mine. I always bring two with me for all cases.” And just then Taekwoon noticed that the strangers other hand held a red umbrella above both of them.

“What? Never seen an umbrella? It's not like I'm going to bite you. Take it.”
Little Taekwoon then noticed, that he was still staring at the stranger.

Stepping out of his daze, Taekwoon thankfully accepted the umbrella and opened it above him. He threw another look at the other and then noticed, that he wore the exact same uniform as him. Taekwoon always choose his words very carefully so as to not say something wrong or stupid, so it took him a long time to form the question in his head, before he spoke it out loud. “You… You're from the same school as me…?”

“Huh?” The brown-haired looked down on Taekwoon, as his dark eyes got bigger.

“Woah! You're right! That's perfect!” He stepped in front of Taekwoon, holding out his hands to the other. “I'm Cha Hakyeon, nice to meet you! It looks like I've transferred to the same school as you and today is my first day. I hope we're getting along well! Can I go to school with you? I'm not really familiar around here and get lost easily.”

Completely overwhelmed with the others storm of words little Taekwoon couldn't do anything but stare at the kid. Until now Taekwoon had never met anyone who had talked as loud or as fast as Hakyeon did. Taekwoon didn't even thought that would be possible until now. But that didn't really matter right now, because the brown-haired had his hand still outstretch and Taekwoon didn't want to seem impolite.

“Uh… Taekwoon. Jung Taekwoon,” he then answered unsure, like he didn't knew his own name, as he shook the others hand.
“Was I talking to fast?”

Ah, sorry. I'm talking to fast, sometimes.
So, can I tag along to school with you? Like I've said, I'm not very familiar with this part of town.” Little Taekwoon didn't know it was possible, but he got more surprised by the second. He normally scared people away with his cold features, which were the main reasons, nobody talked to him in school. It was a complete new experience for him, that someone other than his foster parents or his teachers talked to him. And for the first time in his life, Taekwoon didn't know what to think or to say. He couldn't find it in him to form any words in his head, which was never the case. Taekwoon wasn't talking much, but that didn't mean he thought nothing. His head was full of words. It was just, that he was shy and insecure. He knew that words held a great power and he also knew he had full control over this power and he didn't want to hurt someone with them. Words were said so easily, but taking them back was nearly impossible. 
So he choose his words with great care, but right now everything was empty. All his words were gone, leaving a dull nothing behind.

But Hakyeon was expecting an answer and like before he didn't want to seem impolite.
“Ah… I uh … think it's alright...?”
“Great!” The other exclaimed overly happy, grabbed Taekwoon by the arm and pulled him along. “Come on! We don't want to be late, do we?”
Everything went so fast and Taekwoons brain could barely catch up with it.

 

“I'm sorry about earlier, but I have this habit of babbling to fast when I'm excited. But I can't help it. Once I'm talking I can't stop it. It's like something forces me to talk hundred words per minute. I have so many words in my head that I sometimes think, that I can't talk enough to get them out and that the possibility could exist, that I'm forgetting something important.” Doesn't he need air?, Taekwoon thought. “I can't help it. Both my parents were like this, talking non stop. You’re more the silent type, aren't you?

Yeah, I see. I hope I'm not bugging you to much. If that's the case, just tell me to shut up. Because I don't notice it myself and I don't want you to hate me on our first day. By the way, how old are you?”

A question!

“...What…?”
“How old are you?”
“Uh… nine a half...”
“What?? I thought you were eleven like me? Wow… What did you eat to get this tall??” Eleven?!
“I- I don't know…?”
“Oh come on, Taekwoonie, tell me!
Sorry, can I call you Taekwoonie? Or just Woonie? I like calling others by some nickname. It makes me remember names more easily.” His big, dark eyes looked questioningly at Taekwoon and like before the black-haired didn't know what to say. Taekwoonie, he thought, Nobody has ever called me by a nickname… A warm feeling suddenly spread itself in Taekwoons body.

“Taekwoon? Does it make you uncomfortable? If you're not okay with it, I won't call you that. I think I can remember your name just fine-”
“No!” Just like Hakyeon, Taekwoon was shocked by his loud outburst. He thought that it was the loudest he probably had ever spoken.

Embarrassment hit him like a truck, his face got red like a tomato and he instantly looked to the ground. “I---I mean… that ah… that its o-okay. The-The nickname, I uh mean…” By the time he had finished his silently whispered sentence, Taekwoon was sure his face was going to explode. He just wished, that the ground would swallow him hole right now, but Hakyeon didn't seem to notice this.

“Really?! Okay, then I'm calling you Taekwoonie from now on! I hope were in the same class! But even if we're not, we can still spend the breaks together. Oh and we can met after school too! After all I'm new here and need someone to show me around!
I can sense it, Taekwoonie, that's the begining of a wonderful friendship!”

The last sentence brought Taekwoon back from his thoughts of disappearing right now. Did I hear right?, the black haired thought unbelievingly, Did he say he wanted to be friends? With me?!
“You look so shocked, Taekwoonie. Is everything alright?”
“Did… did you just say you-you wanted t-to be friends…? With- uh... with me??” He questioned warily pointing a finger at himself, to which the other just laughed.
“Do you see anyone else that I could possibly call Taekwoonie?” Just to make sure, Taekwoon turned around. You could never know. “For real now?? Of curse I'm meaning you, stupid!” Hakyeons laugh resounded through all streets (or at least to Taekwoon it seemed so. In reality it had just the volume of a normal laughter). And as cliché as it sounded, Taekwoon thought, that he had never, in his entire, short life, heard such a beautiful laugh. 
 


Hey Hey ^^ 

Here's the next chapter! Yay!! ^-^
I hope you all liked it *^*
Thanks for your comments and welcome to the new subscribers ;D 
See you next friday! ^o^

MegaLia <3