Rescue

I won't give up

-4 years prior-

Field trips.
The words on itself made Taekwoon cringe. He loathed them. Maybe he had only lived through it one time before, but it was enough to make him hate them.
Why make 30 pre-teens spend a whole weekend together in a cramped youth hostel and bring them to do some stupid activities? It was even worse if that were group activities and you're the schools loner that barely speaks and everyone is envious of.

So when the whole class erupted in loud cheers as the teacher announced their little trip, Taekwoon already thought about ways that could prevent him from going, because he was sure that his parents would make him go so that he could maybe build some friendships with students his age.
He had already thought about faking some illness, but there was one problem.

“Wow that's cool! Did you hear that Taekwoonie?!The last time we went on one was while we were moving, so I couldn't participate… But it's even better, because now I know you! Can you imagine how much fun we'll have together?!”

And there went Taekwoons plans of avoiding the field trip.

As much as he hated them, there was no way in hell he would let Hakyeon go alone. Taekwoon may be the biggest outsider but now they're also aiming at Hakyeon. After just one week of being at their school it was clear, that even thought he had to repeat one class, he was as intelligent as Taekwoon in most subjects and the teachers favourite, because of his friendly and open nature.
Additionally to the other students enviousness, Hakyeon was friends with Taekwoon, bringing him even more in the out. Taekwoon already felt bad because of that, but he just couldn't bring his past self to ignore or abandon Hakyeon after the day they've met, making them now friends of three years.
So there was absolutely no way in hell, he would let him go alone. Not with that class at least. Who knows what they would do to him.

Though maybe  Taekwoon should have at least tried to convince Hakyeon of not going on that trip, because then nothing of that would've happened.


They were currently standing in the main hall of a water park with their whole class all shattered around the place searching for clues the teachers had hidden, to find some silly treasure. They said it was to 'strengthen' their bond as a class. If the person that said that wouldn't have been a teacher, Taekwoon was sure he would've punched that person (okay, maybe he wouldn't have done that, because violence was never the solution to anything).
But honestly; it wasn't a task to strengthen their bond. There was no bond to strengthen to begin with. Well at least not for Hakyeon and Taekwoon. They were outsiders and they knew it. So what sense did it make to let them participate.
Additionally to that, Taekwoon had to go around alone. Hakyeon was indeed with them in the water park, but the poor boy was scared of water and further couldn't even swim, so there was no way he would join him -even if he would join it wasn't as if Taekwoon would actually try to search for those clues. He just acted like he was, because the teachers wouldn't let him stay by Hakyeons side. In reality he just went around in the water going no where in particular and sometimes looked out for Hakyeon. The elder wasn't very far from him and moved to where he could throw silly gestures at Taekwoon.


The time went by and after one and a half hours it seemed that the 'treasure' was found. But by all means, it wasn't a treasure. Well it was a box, but the only thing in that box was a piece of paper stating that 'Good friends are the biggest treasure one could need'. Needless to say, the class wasn't quite as hyped about it as the teachers had thought.

After that they were allowed to spend the time like they wanted. Taekwoon hadn't really spend time on thinking what to do and instantly went to search for Hakyeon. After all; he was his best -ond only- friend.
But for some reasons he couldn't find him. So when he searched every corner possible, while in the water, he decided to step out of it and search the other parts.
Thought Taekwoon didn't have to search that long, after his decision. He came to one of the bigger and deeper pools of the water park, just in time to see Hakyeon getting pulled along by some of their bullies. He still was a few meters away from them, but didn't waste a minute standing, as he watched how they pulled him near the edge of the pool.

He could see how Hakyeon struggled against their grips and pleaded them to stop and just let him go. But the bullies ignored him. They laughed at his whining, laughed at him in general and insulted him. And as he saw how Hakyeon then suddenly lost his balance and fell back first in the waters direction, Taekwoons heart stood still for some moments just to drum against his ribcage with doubled speed. Dread settled itself in the pit of his stomach while his mind went completely blank as Hakyeons eyes connected with his. There was so much fright in those otherwise warm, dark orbs and he could definitely see the tears glistening at the corner.

 

Before the black-haired could fully register it, Hakyeon was already in the arms of the water, completely engulfing him in a cruel hug.
“HAKYEON!”, Taekwoon screamed as loud as possible while running towards the pool, successfully catching their teachers and other peoples attention.
By the time he arrived at his destination Hakyeon was wildly trashing his arms and legs in an attempt to stay above the surface, but ended up loosing the fight and his brown hair slowly disappeared.
“Move!!”, he barked at the bullies and forcefully pulled them away so that he could jump into the water. Everything in his body stood under pressure and his mind was a whirlwind of emotions with only one clear thought: Hakyeon.

From there on everything went so fast. Taekwoon jumping into the water, securing Hakyeon in his arms, heaving him out of the water with the help of the teachers and the life guard running up to them. Fortunately Taekwoon had reached his friend fast enough so he was still fully conscious, coughing out the water that made it into his lungs. Taekwoon took him back into his arms, after the life guard made sure Hakyeon was alright, and tried to calm him down. After the coughing fits had ended Hakyeon broke out into heavy crying, while clinging to the black-haireds body as if his life depended on him.

As the minutes flew past and Taekwoon re-watched what just happened in his mind, realization hit him.
He knew it was a bit macabre to realise something like this now of all times, when Hakyeon actually needed his help, but he couldn't deny it either.
I like Hakyeon.


Hey Hey ^^ 

Here's your friday update with some Neo! *~* 
Maybe it's a bit to drama-ish, but oh well, I'm a er for drama ;P 
I hope you've liked it either way and like every time: Thank you very, very much for your lovely comments *_* 
See you next week with probably more past-neo ;) 

MegaLia <3