Confession

I won't give up

-The present days-

To this day still, Taekwoon thought that it wasn't fair. He could live with the fact that that day had hated him, but he couldn't live with the thought of Hakyeon suffering. The thunderstorm had lasted for whole 30 minutes. A whole 30 minutes of Hakyeon shivering and whimpering in fear and Taekwoon could only imagine how horrible it must've been by the way the elder clutched onto his sides.

Luckily that was in the past now and Taekwoon had promised to stick to the elders side whenever there was a thunderstorm. And he would stay true to his words, even if they were fighting right now.

Going back to his previous thoughts: That day wasn't just bad. After all it was the day they had finally come together. Although surprisingly it wasn't like Taekwoon thought it would happen. But then again: What did actually happen like Taekwoon had planed?

 

-5 years prior-

Two hours had already went by, in which Taekwoon tried to bring Hakyeon back to his usual self, forgetting his actual plan. Only after another hour did the topic came up again. They had meanwhile moved to sitting on the bed in Taekwoons room, watching TV.

“Taek?” The asked hummed, already half asleep. “Can I ask you something?”
“You're already doing that.”

Silence. Taekwoon opened his eyes, looking up at the brown-haired, who was nervously chewing on his bottom lip, which -Taekwoon had to admit- looked extremely seductive, making it hard for him to concentrate on Hakyeons words. Fortunately his mind had finally resumed working normal again and processed the brown-haireds words.

“Do you like me…?”

And it happened. Taekwoons brain stopped working again. Great. The black-haired was at a loss of words. What should he answer to this? Yes, I like you, but probably not in the way you mean?
On the other hand though, he could use this chance to maybe confess-
“I know, that’s sudden, but I just can't wait anymore,” he averted his eyes away from Taekwoons, “Since I've met you, everything has changed. It sounds cliché, but you've really helped me through a lot, even thought you probably don't even know.

“I may seem confident, happy and content, but that's just a façade. Actually I'm quit uncertain about my life, ever since the day I became an orphan. Somehow I couldn't accept myself anymore. Some kids in the orphanage made fun of me and my unusual skin.”
“That's not-” Taekwoon wanted to point out, but got cut off by Hakyeon.
“I know. My skin isn't some unusual shade of brown and over the time I came to accept that and now even loving it. It was probably because I got older and noticed just how nice it was. It was something that made me special. Special from all the others. And that's also because of you. You constantly told me, that I'm perfect the way I am. You even went as far as saying you would want to have my skin tone.

“But that's not the only thing I'm grateful for. You stood by my side through out everything and I don't know when, but I noticed something. And it's something of which I'm not really sure if you’ll be staying by my side after this is out. I tried to somehow suppress it to not threaten our friendship, but it got too hard now to ignore it.”

Taekwoons heart rate began increasingly picking up in speed until it completely stopped for some moments after Hakyeons next sentence.
“I think- No, I'm sure, that I love you.”
 

You know that feeling, when you're getting your phone out of your pocket and it nearly falls to the ground, but it gets rescued by your headphones? Well, Taekwoon had this moment, just in extreme. His heart stopped beating for some seconds before it got back to work thrice his normal speed. Every last bit of the black-haireds body felt like it was on fire and suddenly he was hyper aware of Hakyeons presence on the bed beside him. He felt his mind running hundred miles per hour without any clear thoughts. To sum it up: With just one sentence Hakyeon had thrown Taekwoons body and mind in a complete and utter mess.

There was a huge wave of relive that Taekwoon now knew that his feelings were reciprocated. And he didn't have to take the first step. But what should he say now? Oh god, Taekwoon really didn't know what to say. He wanted to say Hakyeon, that he also did love him, but somehow the words wouldn't form in his mind. His sister and mother had told him to listen to his heart in such situations, but his heart just shouted at his body to stop reacting so much. The poor thing had probably never been so stressed in his life, as it was now. So what should he do now? Saying that he was reciprocating his feelings seemed like a start to him.

Now he only had to form the words. Well, that was easier said then done, because Taekwoons throat seemed to deny it's work. And it felt like he had eaten tons and tons of sand. But the black-haired didn't want to just let it slide, like the rest of his body wanted him to do. So ignoring his thumping heart, his chaotic mind and his dry throat, he opened his mouth to say that he also loved him, always had, but Hakyeon beat him to it.

“Ah-- I-I'm sorry!”, he hastily said, while standing up from the bed, “please forget what I've just said!”
No!, Taekwoon screamed inwardly, as he watched Hakyeons slowly retreating body and even thought he was some steps away from him, he could clearly see the tears gathering in his eyes and Taekwoons body fell back into his previous panicked state.

“Please, Taekwoon… Don't-Don't hate me!”
No! I could never hate you, Hakyeon!
“I-I-I'm- I'm leaving! Don't worry, I won't bother you-you for the next weeks! O-Or mo-months if you want to, but please… Please don't hate me! You can do everything… but don't-don't hate me!” And as soon as the first tear ran down the elders cheek he was out of the door and made his way to the front door.

NO!! Finally Taekwoons body set into motion and he sprinted like mad. I've come to far to let it end like that!
Reaching the end of the stairs, he could see the brown-haired pulling on his shoes and without any further hesitation ran towards him and engulfed him in a tight hug, letting Hakyeon no room to move any more as he buried his face in the others shoulder behind his back.

And finally, finally, his voice decided to work again after what seemed like hours.
“Stupid!” A bit perplexed the elder tried tu turn his head around a little bit but the only thing he saw was a black mop of hair.
“Taekwoon, I-”
“NO! Don't you dare to leave this house!” Now was the time, that Taekwoon had to let it all out. All the feelings that caused havoc in his body for the last few weeks.

“You know that I'm not good with words! You know that I need time to sort them! You know how hard it is to me! So don't just run away without waiting for what I have to say!” The black-haired lifted his head and loosened his embrace just so that he could turn the other in his direction. Tears were now streaming down both of the boys cheeks, but neither cared, as Taekwoon softly gripped Hakyeons head with both hands while looking him deep in the eyes. 

“You're not the only one, Yeon-ah. To belong to that game,” he continued but in his usual soft voice and with all the honesty he could get into it, “Do you know for which reason I did all these things today? Do you know, why I invited you to the cinema to watch that terrible film with you? It was not because my sister had free tickets. She had chosen it for me, because I have a horrible taste and I may have trusted her too much.”
“What are you talking about-”
“No. Please, Yeon-ah, let me speak this time,” he silenced his friend quickly and moved on, still holding Hakyeons cheeks, while trying to wipe the stray tears away, “Do you know, why I've chosen the long way home, even thought I hadn't realized how unpredictable the weather was? Do you know, why I stopped in the middle of the park?”
Still sniffling slightly, the brown-haired shook his head and Taekwoon let a sincere and warm smile stretch his lips, before leaning in and pushing them against Hakyeons plush ones. There was no urgency in it, only a feather light press of lips against lips, before he looked back into Hakyeons widened eyes.

“It was because I love you, Cha Hakyeon. I've spent a whole month working out a plan to give you a perfect confession. You have literally no idea, how many drama's I've been watching and how often I already died while talking to my mum and sister. I wanted to give you a perfect confession, because someone like you deserves nothing less than absolute mind blowing.” A quiet chuckle left his throat. “I'm sorry, that it didn't went like you've probably imagined your confession being, but I won't step back now. I love you, always have, and please believe me: I could never hate you, because you're way to precious to me, Hakyeon.”


Hey Hey^^ 

Sorry, that I haven't updated last week, put school was a pain in the >.> 
But now the worst is over and I can finally get back to writing ^~^ 
Well anyways, I hope you've liked it and like everytime: comment, subscribe and upvote, thank you ^_^

MegaLia <3