Thunder

I won't give up

-Two years prior-

It was a normal Saturday afternoon, as Taekwoon sat together with Sanghyuk, Hongbin and Jaehwan, scattered around the latter’s living room. Exam week was nearing and as every year the three youngsters got into panic and seeked for advice from Taekwoon, the school's top student. The now blonde-haired wasn't really found of explaining things to others, because it required talking and Taekwoon still didn't like talking. Thought having Hakyeon as his friend, now even boyfriend, showed it's effects on him, because he became more and more accustomed while talking to others. But that didn't mean that he liked it. He just learned a little bit of how to talk, without overthinking too much.
But the blonde-haired was also a really kind person and couldn't reject his dongsaengs pleas. Besides, they gave him food so Taekwoon couldn't have rejected them, even if he didn't want to.

 

They've sat there for at least one hour and had another hour in front of them, before they would met with Hakyeon. The eldest of their group had to accompany his parents to a birthday of one of their co-workers Hakyeon knew pretty well, but he promised to meet with them at five.
Now it was four and Taekwoon found himself texting with Hakyeon, while the other three solved some tasks he gave them as some kind of little test, before they would move on to another topic.

 

From: Yeoniee ~ <3
To: Taekwooniee~ <3

Hey, how's the studying going? \^O^/

 

From: Taekwoon
To: Yeon-ah

Alright I think. I'm letting them solve some questions about chemistry before we'll move on to maths.
Are you still at the birthday party?

 

From: Yeoniee ~ <3
To: Taekwooniee~ <3

Really?? @.@ Poor things. Don't demand too much of my baby’s (>~<)
No I'm at home already. Dad drove me home, because they will probably stay the night ^o^

 

From: Taekwoon
To: Yeon-ah

They wanted help from me, not the other way round.
I see.
Then what are you doing right now?

 

From: Yeoniee~ <3
To: Taekwooniee~ <3

True (^o^)
I'm doing the same as you for the next hour (~o~)

 

From: Taekwoon
To: Yeon-ah

Well, then I don't want to disturb you.
See you later, Yeon-ah :)

 

From: Yeoniee~ <3
To: Taekwooniee~ <3

You know that you can disturb me at any time you want (n_n)
Can't wait (*-*)
I Love you <3

They now were friends for years and Taekwoon just couldn't get used to Hakyeons overuse of emotions. And even thought he should be used to the words 'I love you' by now, he still blushes like a little school girl every time Hakyeon tells him or texts them. And right now, after he had read the last message, he could feel said hotness creep up on his cheeks but fortunately couldn't concentrate on it, because the other three were finished with their asigned tasks.
 


Half an hour later it began to get pretty dark outside, as big clouds covered the sky and rain drops began clattering on the windows.
Seems as if we have to change our meeting in the park to meeting at Hakyeons,” Jaehwan said, while stretching his stiff bones. They had decided to take a little break from all the studying.
Can you text Hyung, that we're coming over to him in an hour?”, Hongbin asked the blonde-haired, who just nodded, taping away on his phone.

It took Taekwoon a little by surprise that there was no instant reply from Hakyeon (normally it just takes him less then two seconds to answer because the other was practically married to his phone) but took it, that Hakyeon was probably immersed in his studies.
He didn't think much of it and after everyone came back to the living room they started from were they left.

Everything was alright until it happened.

Just five minutes back into their studies a flash lighted up the room followed by a loud thunder and Taekwoons heart missed some beats. It was as if the lightning had struck him, as one name shot through his head. Hakyeon!

Sanghyuk made a comment on the sudden change of the weather which only hit on deaf ears by Taekwoon, as the eldest abruptly stood up.
What's wrong?” Jaehwan asked confused, but instead of answering, Taekwoon fished his keys out of his bag and hastily mad his way towards the door.
“Hyung? Where are you going??” Hongbin asked equally confused, but again the black-haired didn't answer and just threw open the door as soon as his shoes were on, before running out into the heavy rain.

It didn't matter to him that he had forgotten to put on his jacket. It didn't matter to him, that the rain just needed seconds to completely drench him. It didn't matter to him, that he would probably be ill the next day. It didn't matter to him that Jaehwans and Hakyeons houses were 15 minutes apart (by car!). But what matter to him was the thought of a scared Hakyeon huddled in a corner, shudering with each and every thunder cracking the sky.
Hakyeon was afraid of a few things, like water, spiders or horror movies, but he litteraly had a phobia of thunderstorms. He didn't know where it came from, but it was his greatest fear and out of all times, there had to be a thunderstorm when Hakyeon was alone at home.

The thought of Hakyeon being alone just made Taekwoon run faster. His lungs were burning like hell from the cold, rainy air but he ignored it, just pushing himself to run even faster. For once he was lucky that his father constantly wanted him to play football together with the team of little kids he was training, as finally Hakyeons house came into sight with just a minimal burning in Taekwoons legs.
 

Heavily breathing he approached the front porch and pulled out his key ring, on which not only his, but also a copy of Hakyeons house key hung. Holding it right in front of his eyes he tried to make out which was Hakyeons and as he found it he shakily put it into the key hole, turned him around and hastily stormed into the house.
“HAKYEON!!”, he screamed into the darkness and stayed silent for some moments, waiting for a response as suddenly a roll of thunder sounded through the house, followed by a loud whimpering coming from upstairs.

Taekwoon then instantly knew that he would find the elder in his room.

As fast as possible, Taekwoon stormed up the stairs, almost tripping over one step, and ran to Hakyeons room.

Hakyeon!”, he said louder than normal so that his voice would be heard over the sound of the heavy rain clattering against the windows. 

A short look into the room was enough to make out Hakyeons curled up form in the corner of his room. Sob after sob wrecked the elders body as he was shivering like crazy.
Hakyeon...” Taekwoon said, now a bit softer as he padded over to his boyfriends slumped form, while grabbing a blanket from Hakyeons bed.

He crouched down and slowly, so as to not startle the other, draped the blanket over Hakyeons shaking form.
Everything's alright, Hakyeon. I'm here now. You're not alone anymore. I'm by your side.”
Taekwoon carefully pulled the other out of his curled up form and tried looking into his eyes. He wanted to prove the other, that he wasn't alone anymore, but before he could do that another thunder hollered through the house and instantly Hakyeon lay in his arms, clawing his fingers almost painfully into his sides. His sobs grew heavier and he tried to make himself as small as possible in Taekwoons arms, even thought he was completely drenched.

The black-haired on the other hand slung his arms around his boyfriends shaking form, whispering sweet nothings into his ears, gently his back and rocking him back and forth, while trying everything to calm the other down.
It didn't help much thought as long as the thunderstorm caused havoc outside he knew that nothing would calm him down. But at least it helped a little bit.
 


Fortunately the thunderstorm had stopped ten minutes later and with the slow dying of the rain, Hakyeons sobs gradually became fewer and fewer until they finally subsided together with the storm. His breath evened out and the shaking of his body decreased.
“Are you alright?”, Taekwoon then asked softly after some minutes of silence just earning a short nod in response.
Are you able to make it to the bed?” Another nod followed, the elder not really trusting his voice in that moment, and slowly Taekwoon helped him to stand up, the blanket still tightly secured around the red-haireds form as they mad their way towards the bed. Hakyeons legs seemed to had gone a little numb from the uncomfortable position he had stayed in all the time and therefore clutched at Taekwoons side for support, while the raven-haired manoeuvred them to the bed.

Once there he slowly let the other sit on it and made a move to go over to the light switch, but was stopped by Hakyeons hand gripping tightly onto his shirt.
“I'm just going to switch the light on.”

...”
It will help you to calm down.”
...”
Just for a short moment and then I'm back.”

Still a little unsure, the others fingers loosened up allowing him to quickly switch the light on. Just then, as he was leaving the warmth of his boyfriends body, he could feel the cold seeping through his clothes and into his bones. There were still water drops falling from his hair, but right now Taekwoon couldn't care less. Hakyeon was more important he decided.
 

After light flooded the room, Taekwoon moved back to his still scared looking Boyfriend.
You're wet...”, came the soft whisper which just barely caught the black-haireds attention. A soft laugh escaped his lips, as he moved back to Hakyeons side, wrapping him into a hug once again.
Well I ran from Jaehwans all the way to yours while it rained pretty heavily. If you've noticed, that is.” The fist laugh since he arrived, resounded from Hakyeon at his statement and a heavy weight was lifted from the youngers shoulders.
You ran here, taking the risk of getting down with a cold, just because of me…

You're such an idiot...”
I'd do a lot of stupid things for you,” Taekwoon said, his voice unusual affective, as he pressed a kiss to Hakyeons temple.

Thank you, Taekwoon. I don't know what I would do without you,” Hakyeon said, closing his eyes while listening to the black-haireds heartbeat.
“Don't thank me. Like I've said, I'd do everything for you. I'd go barefoot through hell if it helps keeping you safe.”

I didn't know that you could be so romantic and talkative,” Hakyeon said laughing, making Taekwoon blush madly as he realised what he'd just said.
The black-haired decided, that it was just an exception, he got carried away, because Hakyeon was scared.

 

-The present days-

Taekwoon couldn't help but smile like an idiot (for Taekwoons circumstances at least. In reality it was merely a light stretch of lips).
“Am I imagining something or is Hyung smiling?” Sanghyuk asked, disbelieve written all over his features.
“No… I'm also seeing it and it makes me somehow uncomfortable,” Hongbin agreeed, eyeing the elder warily.
“Yah, Taekwoon Hyung what are you smiling at like an idiot? You cried for the third time this day just some hours ago,” Jaehwan dead paned also a little bit confused. Never had any of them seen the elder smile so brightly.
“It-It's nothing… I just … remembered something,” the eldest answered shyly, still blushing like that day back then and hid behind his hands.

“...
Okay, whatever... I've decided with which drama we'll start.”
That took you longer then expected.”
“It wasn't easy with so many. But now I've sorted them out,” Jaehwan announced, excitingly looking at the others, “Are you all ready and willing to do that? We have ten dramas and have to at least watch five episodes, each around one hour of length.”
Everyone (excluding Taekwoon who was still captured by his memories) just stared at the elder as if he was speaking a complete different language.

You're kidding, right?? Pleas tell me you're kidding,” Hongbin pleaded but with no effort.
“I vaguely know where we have the apologizing scenes, so we don't have to watch everything,” he explained as if it was obvious while he put the DVD in the player, before making himself comfortable on the couch in Sanghyuks lap.
“Taekwoon Hyung, we're doing this for you, so pay attention and don't get lost in your daydreaming constantly.”

I don't cons-”
Yeah whatever! Shh! It's starting, pay attention!” The brown-haired urged them and so their marathon started.

 


Hey Hey^^ 

Longer update this time and finally some Neo stuff *_* (even though it's in the past >.> But well: Neo is Neo ;D
I hope you've liked it and thanks a lot again for your nice comments, they make my day *^* 
See you next week ;) 

MegaLia