Fear

I won't give up

-4 years prior-

After the horrible visit to the cinema, Taekwoon and Hakyeon were currently on their way home. Until now the only thing that worked somewhat according to plan was their stay at the café. But Taekwoon wouldn't falter. He had made his decision and even if the whole world would turn against him, he would ask Hakyeon. Who knew when he'll be able to scrap his courage together the next time? There was a high possibility that it wasn't going to happen, with a personality like Taekwoon.

“Woonie? Where are you going?” Taekwoon was brought back from his thoughts, looking at the brown-haired who had come to a halt behind him.
“Home.”
“But,” the other said confused, “we have to go in that direction.”
“I know, but do you mind if we take the long way through the park?” Hakyeons confused look turned into one of concern. “Do we have to? It looks pretty dark. What if… What if it starts to rain…?” The black haired looked up, but didn't understand what Hakyeon had meant. It looked pretty fine to him. Sure, there were some shadier looking clouds, but not so many that it would start to rain any time soon.
“Don't worry, we'll be home before that.”

Oh boy, was he wrong.


The brown-haired had reluctantly agreed, which lead to them currently standing under a big tree with Hakyeon slightly uncomfortable and Taekwoon shaking like mad. Sure, Taekwoon had said he would go through with his plan (and he's still intending to do so), but he was nervous as hell. His mind was running a hundredth miles per second while at the same time being completely empty. There was nothing. Just like the day he first met Hakyeon. He was at a loss of words. And that was a problem. A big problem even, because he knew every word he wanted to say to Hakyeon by heart. And now it was gone without leaving a single trace behind, turning the black-haireds mind upside down.
“Woonie… What's wrong…”
Get it together!, the younger thought encouraging himself, before taking a deep breath and finally looking up into Hakyeons eyes. But what he saw there made him falter slightly. Instead of the normal friendly smile Hakyeon wore 24/7, his lips were pressed into a straight line, while his eyes particular screamed fear.
“Is… Is something wrong… Hakyeon?”, he asked and noticed the slight jump of his body, obviously not expecting that question.
“Ah- no! Everythings alright,” the brown-haired said hastily while plastering a fake smile on his lips, “You ah… you wanted to say something…?”

Right… The confession…
Taekwoon really wanted to keep on pressing the matter, but he feared that his courage would leave him if he wouldn't soon get on with his confession.
“Y-Yeah, I ah… wanted to..,” he began, stumbling over his words while searching his brain up and down for something to say.
“We- I know you know for almost two- I mean three years and… I- I really don't know how to say it right now, but I ah… ah… ah… I am really hap- no, grateful that we've uh met each other.” Taekwoon could've punched himself for how he stammered these words out. He couldn't screw up now. What would Hakyeon think of him?

“Taek… Can- Can you please come to the point…? Please, I want to go home...”
Coming back from his thoughts Taekwoon took another deep breath while trying to mentally calm down, somehow managing to get his vocabs back together.
“You're my first and best friend I've ever had. Every time I needed you, you were there. You stood by my said as that incident with Jaehwan happened and defended me, as the others began bullying me even harder. No matter what-what they said or uh which rumours came up amongst the students… you were there the whole time and-
and I know that what I'm going to say could probably ruin our friendship, but I can't denie it any longer… Please don't hate me...”

Closing his eyes for a short amount of time while taking another deep breath, the black-haired collected every ounce of courage he could scrape up. God... Taekwoon felt like a little school girl confesing to ther first crush and it was anything other than pleasant to say the least.
You're almost there, Taekwoon. Just ask already. 

“Hakyeon, I,” he began while opening his eyes, but wasn't able to finish his sentence as a mighty thunder cut him off mid sentence, making him jump slightly.
But that wasn't the only thing he had heard. Accompanying the thunder, a loud scream echoed through the park and suddenly Hakyeons brown-hair disappeared from his sight.

A bit perplex the black-haired looked down, just to see Hakyeon cowering on the ground with his hands held protectively about his head. The gears in Taekwoons head began turning, as he continued watching the elder shiver on the ground. As then a second thunder echoed through the sky and Hakyeon let out another scream of fear, it finally clicked.

Hakyeon had a fear of thunderstorms and therefore wanted to head home on the fastest way possible.

Hastily crouching down, as his brain had finally caught up with the situation, he lay a hand on his shoulders.
“Hey, everythings alright… I'm here-” Another thunder followed his words, making Hakyeon flinch and whimper in fear.

Taekwoon now had both hands on either side of Hakyeon and tried to somehow entangle the shaking mass that was Hakyeon.
“I'm sorry, Hakyeon. We should have taken the short way.” No answer came and Taekwoons worry worsened.
“Come on, we're going home.” Still no answer, just a loud whimper when another thunder hollered through the sky as Hakyeons body began to shake even more.

Another though came to his mind. 
“Yeon…? Can you move…?”
The shaking of Hakyeons head was so small that Taekwoon almost hadn't seen it and he heaved another sigh. Well done, Taekwoon. You've discovered Hakyeons probably greatest fear besides swimming.

The black-haired looked up at the dark sky and knew, that it soon would start to rain and if they didn't want to get ill the next day, they had to get home quickly. But it was also clear as day, that Hakyeon wouldn't move at his own accord any time soon.

“Hakyeon? Look, can you at least loosen up a bit?”
“...”
“We have to go home before it's going to rain.”
“...I can't…,” Hakyeons quiet voice spoke almost inaudible.
“You don't have to. I'm carrying you. It's after all my fault.”


Some moments after he said that, Hakyeon let his body relax a bit and Taekwoon could carefully bring one of Hakyeons arms around his shoulders. He just wanted to hook his arms under the elders knees too, as a loud thunder resounded and in less then a second, Hakyeon clung to his body, making it easier for him to gather the shaking ball in his arms.
“I've got you. Everythings aright,” Taekwoon said while standing up, “Come on, we're going home.”
And without waiting for a reaction he took off with long and fast steps.


Ten minutes later and completely out of breath, Taekwoon arrived at his home. The black-haired was quiet surprised, as they were finally inside and he had lowered Hakyeon down onto the couch, that the brown-haired was heavier then he looked like. But Taekwoon didn't comply and took it as his punishment for bringing Hakyeon in such a situation in the first place.

Discarding this thoughts he grabbed a blanket from the seat next to the sofa, lay it around Hakyeons shaking form and took him into his arms, waiting the thunderstorm out. Luckily they'd made it before it had started to rain. 


Hey Hey ^^ 

Taekwoon discovered Hakyeons fear while trying to confess. Well if that's not original, than I don't know what is XD 
I hope you've liked it and thanks for all the comments as well as the subscribers ^_^
See you next friday ;) 

MegaLia <3 

P.S.: HAVE YOU SEEN VIXX's NEW MV?!! 
It's sooo AWESOME!! *_* 
Judging by the teasers I first thought it would be a dark concept, but then it dropped and everything was full of colors and bubbly and everything and it was just so awesome and nice to watch *~* I've really missed their light concepts >.< 

I hope they're going to win on a lot of music shows, let's keep voting for them, Starlights! ~ 
And if you haven't watched the MV, here it is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bnIb1JJHdA (<-- WATCH IT! And let your brain be cleansed by these six fantastic boys *o*)