Varsity Crush

Fall Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! It's nice being here again. As promised I'm back hehe

Oh~ if you could listen to this song while reading this. :)

https://open.spotify.com/track/29FST78TcyZf2JcWjfVVVT?si=61d787b018cc4004

 

+++++++++++++

 

It was a delightful lunch they had, full of stories and laughter shared by Wendy, Irene and Wendy’s parents. The worries that Wendy has been holding a while ago were replaced by warm smiles and laughter. She felt so lucky to have a wonderful and best parent in the whole world. Seeing them this close is so better than those exchanged messages through email and KKT. Wendy can’t help but to smile happily now.

 

“Hey Fluffball what’s with the smile?” Mrs. Son who was sitting in front of her curiously ask while holding her cup of tea.

 

Wendy snapped back and chuckles, she feel she’s like dreaming for a while now. “It’s nothing Mom. Don’t mind me, I’m just happy right now.” She feels something’s going to drop from the edge of her eyes if this continue.

 

“Aww my Fluffball is getting teary eyed. We’re also happy Seungwannie, now that you finally come home.” Mrs. Son warmly smiles at her.

 

Irene who’s sitting beside her looked at her then get some tissue and gently wipes the small amount of water still at the edge of the eyes of Wendy. The girl looked at her and smiled thankfully. She just smiled at her saying it’s alright.

 

“Seungwan-ah, we’re happy that you come home to us okay. That’s what matters, you don’t have to worry about the things in the past. I’m glad that you are moving forward with the smile on your face. We are happy seeing what you are right now. We love you my fluffy daughter.” Mr. Son gently squishes Wendy’s hand then pat her head then smiles.

 

With that Wendy can’t hold her tears anymore. Mr. and Mrs. Son were just smiling and stood up from their seats to hug their daughter. Wendy cries with a happy heart now. Irene were just watching them on the side with a warm heart.

 

“Thank you Mom and Dad for everything. I love you both so so much.” Wendy said while crying like a child to her parents. She feels complete now with the people she loves around her.

 

 

+++++

 

Wendy and Irene walked to her room checking if anything was changed. Irene was sitting at the edge of Wendy’s bed while the girl is checking everything around.

 

“They did not changed any single details from the day I left home, silly hehe but glad they still make sure everything is clean” Wendy was now holding her medal when she became the MVP for their high school’s Volleyball team.

 

Irene is looking around when she noticed the varsity jacket with Wendy’s surname at the back. She smiles remembering something when she saw it.

 

“You were an athlete I can see.” Irene then started to talk. She remained silent while looking around with Wendy inside their house.

 

“Oh~ Did I not mention that I'm a varsity player when I was in high school. In volleyball specifically, it's actually funny because I am small but I did became a MVP during the league haha” Wendy recalls everything about her high school.

 

“Oh yes it’s…very unbelievable..” Irene then laughs at her.

 

Wendy glares at her. “Hmmp..even though I am this small don’t underestimate me Ms. Bae Joohyun.” She then hang the medal again on the wall full of medals of her achievements during her high school.

 

“Haha I’m just kidding Seungwan I know you are great in everything.” Irene then looked down at her feet swaying then smiled.

 

“Good.” Wendy then sits beside her that made the older girl a little surprised. “Oh by the way, Mom said there will be an alumni homecoming three days from now in our School and I was thinking of going there.” Wendy looks at Irene hesitantly.

 

“Oh I see. You should go Seungwan grab the opportunity that we are here.” Irene said.

 

“Is that okay with you? I mean I was also thinking of staying here now until the day of the alumni homecoming and cope up with my parents..” Wendy was very hesitant since the plan was supposedly them visiting Irene’s parents not this.

 

Irene giggles. “Of course it is okay. We still have more time left and I’ll be glad if you could also be this happy during our trip.”

 

Wendy’s face brightens then suddenly hugs Irene which make the latter widened her eyes in surprise. “Thank you Joohyun. I’m truly grateful to be here with you.”

 

Irene cheeks became tinted with pink and get warm. She then hugs back Wendy pats her back. “Just for you Seungwan. I’m grateful to be here with you too. I really do.”

 

Wendy then break the hug. “I will drive you home don’t worry.”

 

Irene shakes her head. “ I know how to drive Seungwan okay? I can go home safely.”

 

“But-“ Wendy was being stopped by Irene from talking placing her index finger on her lips. She blinks her eyes and suddenly felt something warm inside her heart.

 

“Shhh..it’s already settled now we should go down. Your parents might be looking for us.” Irene then stood up and walks to the door.

 

Wendy holds her chest and looks at the direction of Irene then shakes her head and followed her. “Don’t go without me you might get lost Joohyun. Wait for me.”

 

“Oh—Right, right you go first.” Wendy already know Irene have no sense of direction wherever she may go.

 

“Another reason I can’t let you drive alone you have no sense of direction haha” Irene glares at her. Wendy laughs at her. “What? It’s the truth though” Wendy closed the door of her room and started to walk first.

 

“I can use waze you know. Besides it’s not like we’re in Korea with so much cars on the road and too many ways to go to.”

 

Wendy chuckled and turn to look at her then held the older girl’s hand. “Ara, Ara..Let’s just go down quickly I feel hungry again. Let’s grab something in the kitchen.”

 

“You and your stomach really.” Irene said which made them both laugh out loud and quickly go downstairs.

 

“Oh I can see Romeo and Juliet going down the staircase…” The familiar voice greeted Wendy and Irene as they walk down.

 

“Sejeong…What are you doing here again??” Wendy furrows her eyebrows while looking at Sejeong sitting comfortably on the couch watching the TV.

 

“What? Can’t you see I’m watching TV duh~” Sejeong rolls her eyes.

 

“You have your own house and own TV to watch on to why go here?” Wendy and Irene finally got down. Irene bows to Sejeong.

 

“Aww that hurts my Kokoro Seungwan.” Sejeong fake wiping tears on her eyes.

 

Irene simply chuckled at Sejeong. Wendy rolls her eyes. "Stop it Jeong-ah. Anyways do you want to grab some snack? Me and Joohyun will be going to the kitchen now to make some."

Sejeong quickly jump off from the couch and run towards the kitchen first. Wendy and Irene were just looking at her. “What? Come on! I’m hungry it’s been years since the last time I had the snack made by Seungwan quick!” The two just laugh at her and followed her to the kitchen.

 

When Irene and Wendy finally made it to the kitchen Sejeong is already sitting on the table in the kitchen with her feet swaying like a child.

 

“What’s with your action Sejeong does not suit you.” Wendy make her way to the kitchen sink and washed her hand.

 

“You know Seungwan you’ve been breaking my heart since this morning. I hate you.” Sejeong pouts like a child.

 

Irene laughs. Sejeong looked at her then rest her chin on her palm. “So.. Ms. President, are you treating my Seungwannie right? Do you get her to work too hard?”

 

Wendy turn to look at her while putting on her blue apron. “Stop it Sejeong or you won’t get anything.”

 

“Whaaaat?? I am just asking nicelyyyyy” Sejeong whines.

 

“Haha it’s okay Seungwan and to answer your question she was the one who’s working it too much. She’s workaholic to the point we are the one asking for her to take it easy.” Irene sits beside Sejeong.

 

“Yah!! You hard headed Seungwan!!” Sejeong turn to look at Wendy and glares at her.

 

“It’s because my patients need me okay? And don’t worry I am taking it easy now. I’m okay now Sejeong.” Wendy open the kitchen cabinet and grab the ingredients she needed for the snack she will make. “Waffle anyone?”

 

“ME!” Sejeong raises her hand. “But still don’t be too hard on yourself okay? I know you have responsibilities on your dear patients but don’t forget about your health as well.”

 

“Don’t worry Sejeong we are taking care of her as well.” Irene stood up from her seat and went beside Wendy. “Need some help?”

 

“I can take care of this. You go sit with Sejeong and wait.” Wendy gently pushes Irene back. “That’s right Jeong-ah, they are taking care of me very well so don’t worry okay?”

 

Irene sit back beside Sejeong again. “Okay. Good to hear that. Oh by the way, are you going to the Alumni homecoming? If yes I’ll come with you. I don’t want to go alone there.”

 

“Yes I will. Okay okay just don’t be late or else I’ll go without you.” Wendy is already mixing the ingredients for making waffles using her hand flaunting her toned arms.

 

“Aye aye Captain!” Sejeong made a hand salute. “But Captain your arms are more toned now wew~”

 

Irene then looked at what Sejeong means and became amazed of Wendy’s arms. She can’t help herself but to look at it and wanted to touch it to know if it’s really toned but she shakes her head while thinking about it.

 

Sejeong saw Irene and grins, she then stood up and walks towards Wendy then massages her arms. “Wow~ it’s really toned what did you do these years Seungwan?” Irene then blinks her eyes while seeing Sejeong massaging Wendy’s arm she felt somehow envy on how the younger girl can do it.

 

“Yah! Go back to your seat or I won’t give you one. Aish this girl.” Wendy stops and glares at Sejeong.

 

Sejeong being satisfied on what Irene’s reaction is playfully giggles and get back to her seat. “Do you want to massage Seungwan’s arm too?” She playfully raises her eyebrows while looking at Irene.

 

Irene’s face turns red and she felt somehow hot and she don’t know why. She only shakes her head.

 

Sejeong silently laughs at her being successful at teasing Irene.

 

Wendy then walks towards the two girls both hands holding plates with the waffle she made. “Serving waffle with fresh strawberry and whip cream toppings for two.” Then she placed it in front of the two girls.

 

Being amazed of what served to them they said in synchronize “Wooaahh” with their eyes sparkling like a child.

 

Wendy could just cheekily smile while looking at them. “Anyone who wants Milkshake?”

 

Both of the girls quickly raised their hands. “Vanilla!” Irene excitedly exclaimed. “Choco for me!” Sejeong said with her eyesmile.

 

“Vanilla and Choco Milkshake coming up!” Wendy smiles with so much proud on her face like a parent seeing the two being like a child satisfied on what she cooked.

 

She went back to make milkshake for the two.

 

And they spent the few hours not only with their stomach full but also their heart full of warmness and happiness.

 

“I am going home now. Thank you for the warm welcome Mr. and Mrs. Son.” Irene bows to Wendy’s parents who’s standing in front of the door wanting to see her before she go home.

 

“It’s really nice meeting you Irene. Thank you for taking care of my Fluffball and treating her well.” They also bowed to her to show their gratitude to her.

 

“Don’t mention it Mr. and Mrs. Son, it was really my pleasure and she was one of our best Neurosurgeon after all. Oh~ by the way, my parent were actually asking if they could meet you as well, hmm.. probably a lunch or dinner? And anywhere you prefer.” Irene politely ask.

 

“Hey~ that would be great. I wanted to meet them as well. I think it’s best if we go to your house because it might be hassle for your Father to travel this far. Please do tell them we will visit them before you and Seungwan go back to Korea.” Mrs. Son replied to Irene.

“Great! They would love to hear that you will come and meet them. Thank you for accepting our invitation.”

 

“It was our pleasure as well. Can’t wait to meet your parents.” Mr. Son said and smiled to Irene. “Good night Irene. We will now get inside. Have a safe trip going home.” Then he and Mrs. Son walks inside to get some rest already.

 

Irene then bows to them again and turned to look at Wendy who was cheekily smiling at her. “See you again in a few days I guess. Thank you for letting me come with you here.”

 

“Nah it’s me who should thank you. I’m really glad I came here with you. Thank you Joohyun.” Wendy then grabs Irene’s hand. “You take care going home okay? Don’t get lost. No one can replace someone like you if your get lost. Aigoo aigoo.”

 

Irene glares at Wendy and gently hits her arm. “That’s so lame Seungwan. Of course I will get home safe, I’m still looking forward to see our parents meet and I have a hospital to manage and take care well.”

 

"Ahh right. I know you loves the hospital so much and you're a very responsible President in our dear hospital so I will believe you. kekeke" Wendy then let go of Irene's hand.

 

"So I'm going now. See you again Seungwan and enjoy the alumni homecoming. Good night Seungwan you rest well tonight.” Irene then pressed the unlock button on her key car and walks to her car.

 

“Joohyun! Wait-“ Irene then turn to look at Wendy’s direction. Her eyes got widened as the latter the suddenly kissed her on the cheek.

 

Wendy didn’t know why but she wanted to do it. A kiss on the cheek on the girl who made her happy today. Maybe it was her way of saying she’s thankful? No matter what it is she felt she wanted to do it.

 

It was a minute long kiss on the cheek but it felt so long for Wendy and Irene. Felt like the world stopped for a while. With the wind blowing to them which should give them chills but they felt warmth instead.

 

Wendy finally break the kiss and turned back because she suddenly felt bad and shy at the same time. But then a pair of arms wrapped on her waist hugging her tightly.

 

“I will miss you Seungwan. I know it’s cheesy but I guess I have to tell you or else I may not able to sleep later.” Irene mumbles behind Wendy who was now stuck in the arms of Irene. Feeling her heart beats too fast that she might needed a Cardiologist because it might go outside her body soon.

 

They stayed there for nearly 5 minutes now. Just being quiet. Silence is all you could hear.

 

“I should really get home it’s getting late. Hehe” Irene then releases Wendy. “You should get inside now you might get colds, the wind breeze is so cold.”

 

Wendy then looked at her massaging her nape. “You take care okay? Drive safely Joohyun. Message me once you get home.”

 

Irene smiles and nods. “I will Captain.” She made a hand salute. Then giggles. “Goodnight again and you rest well Seungwan.”

 

“Good night Joohyun.” Wendy waves her hand saying goodbye.

 

Irene then get inside the car, fastened her seatbelt and starts the car. She then closed her eyes and released a deep sigh then smiled. She still feel light headed but she felt relieved. She then drive home safely like Wendy told her to.

 

 

It didn’t take that long for Joohyun to get home. She parked the car and quickly went inside the house then runs to her room. Did a quick shower and wear her pajamas. She then get her phone and type a message to Seungwan.

 

To: Dr. Seun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter